CDIH
Confessions - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Confessions (/showthread.php?tid=3888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Spitfire - 10-22-2002

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of having kids. But I won't if there won't be one parent at home to take care of them. Too many people have kids without a thought about the responsibility it entails...and they just expect to have someone else watch them. I think that's a major problem in our society, that kids are growing up without their parents. That would mean sacrificing a career, haveing a one-income family, which I also think is impossible nowadays.

- GonzoStyle - 10-22-2002

Quote:I feel like I'm invisible sometimes...
and no one cares (esp. when I post)

Not at all, you always been one of my favs. :thumbs-up:

Quote:My indecision leads to stagnation. I have no clue what I want to do with my life, and the things I want to do are almost impossible.

I wanted to say that but coudln't figure out how to word it. I too have no clue what the fuck I wanna do and the stuff I do wanna do, I really can't nor do I have the patience to wait for, like writing and such. I am getting there though, I have met with several schools and am probably going back to college, I'll wipe my ass with the accounting bachelors.

I honestly just went to college cause that's what you do after HS. I never had someone to honestly guide me or give me advice. I basically have little to no family. I have had no male figures in my life such as a father or uncle to help me out. I just wanted to please my mom and graduate college and I never thought it through. I am probably gonna go for my bachelors in business administration, basically more so to get with shit. I have so many skills that companies may need and want and lots of intangible skills. But I honestly have no one thing to say if someone asks "so what field are you in?". I don't wanna be an accountant so I am not one. I just wanna be something, I know it probably makes no sense but it does to me.

- Metalfan - 10-22-2002

I didn't know I wanted kids until the first time I held my daughter....and then the first time I held my son. 2 is enough though for me.

- Spitfire - 10-22-2002

Thanks GS, I didn't think you liked me anymore :-)

Sometimes I wonder how my life would have been different if I had accepted my scholarship to Villanova -- you know, that one moment where you're at the crossroadds in your life that changes everything. I could go back to school to get my Masters, school was the one thing I was good at...but in what? I want to open my own record store/live music venue but it's a pipe dream right now.

- Goatweed - 10-22-2002

I'm afraid of having kids, mainly because I fear the responsibility of being a parent. I saw what my parents went through with myself and my brother, and I don't know if I'll be as good as they were.

I'm afraid of failing in life, moreso now than when I was single.

I wish I had more friends, but all my life I've never really had many - I would like to change that.

- Maynard - 10-22-2002

I'll be your new friend Goatweed. :thumbs-up:

- Luna - 10-22-2002

Quote:I didn't think you liked me anymore
I like you, Spit. :lookatme:

I feel the same way about kids as Goatweed does. Having kids is a big responsibility. It's always scared me...plus, I think this planet is a little too over populated as it is.

- Metalfan - 10-22-2002

I wonder what my life would have been like if I had focused on my prior career. I could be making twice what I am now and be in a better overall financial position. But, I didn't want to put the time in, and now I'm fighting for every break I can get. Undecided

- Goatweed - 10-22-2002

Quote:I'll be your new friend Goatweed.
For some reason, that scares me ;-)

I always got a kick out of Maynard's lunch threads.

- Metalfan - 10-22-2002

Quote:I always got a kick out of Maynard's lunch threads.

For some reason, that scares me :crackhead:

Quote:Thanks GS, I didn't think you liked me anymore

Always babe, always :loveya:

Fuck with all the shit, I just remembered I never sent spit her CD's :-(

I will get right on it babe.

I always been a huge movie buff, honestly ikea doesn't have shit on me. Maybe with TV shows he does since I don't watch much network television. But when it comes to movies he can't hold a candle to how much worthless knowlege and tidbits I have on movie history. I always had a dream of owning a video store, ever since I was about 15.

I also wish I coulda had the knowlege I do now, back a few years ago when I started college. But a life wasted wondering what if, is a life that misses out on what could be. So I am gonna go back now, instead of waiting and wishing 5 years from now, I went back when I could have.

- Jack - 10-22-2002

I feel so close to you all now yet still so far away.

I'm your pal goaty.

Jack <3

- Jack - 10-22-2002

:-) :loveya:

- nerdo5 - 10-22-2002

may,
there's never a good time to affrod kids. they just show up and you make it work. i don't have any money, but will find it somewhere.

My dream career would have been and still is, to be a boxing writer. But that's also an unreachable dream for me. It would be the one occupation I would be happiest with and enjoy the most.

- Goatweed - 10-22-2002

Quote:I'm your pal goaty.

OK, so that's Maynard and Gonzy - anyone else wanna join in?

I used to be extremely introverted, and still think I am to an extent. I wish I could've been more outgoing as a child, I might have enjoyed life a lot more.

As morbid as it may sound, I think my dad passing away when I was 19 turned out to be a good thing for me. I did a lot of growing up a lot sooner than I probably would have, and I think it made me a better person today.

I also contemplated suicide once, again, when my dad passed away. I was in a serious depression for at least 9 months. My best friend managed to help pull me out of my slump and pretty much saved my life. I look at him as the brother I never had, or the one that was taken away from me (I had a brother who died when I was 5. I have had a lot of death in my family).

- Luna - 10-22-2002

I'd be your pal, Goaty. :-) (if girls are allowed)

Edited By LunaBabe on 1035301320

- Jack - 10-22-2002

Goaty's cool :-) . I'd chill with you.

- Maynard - 10-22-2002

I was in the worst depression of my life during my divorce. But you guys all helped me out.

I've contemplated suicide several times. But just when I thought I was ready, I realize I would miss out on something great. And finally, it looks like I found that great thing....