CDIH
I feel sick... - Apple came out with a new iPod & iMac - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I feel sick... - Apple came out with a new iPod & iMac (/showthread.php?tid=10639)

Pages: 1 2 3

- HedCold - 10-13-2005

the new one is actually thinner....i think it just looks bulkier because the screen is a tad bit wider
and its still basically a music player that can also play videos, just like when they added the photo capablities. and its the same price they used to be, but the hard drive is bigger...

- Keyser Soze - 10-13-2005

its actually a better bang for your buck. more storage and video for less money than the older model.

- HedCold - 10-13-2005

people were able to hack the older ipods to play video with linux, so all ipods have the ability to play videos to some extent. this is most likely just a little test/tease, and next year if things go well they'll make one with a bigger (and most likely wide) screen

- HedCold - 10-24-2005

this thing is sweet

- Galt - 10-24-2005

is it any different than the other ones other than being thinner?

- HedCold - 10-24-2005

the screen is a tad bigger, the click wheel is smaller, it has a few more extras like a stopwatch. i just watched a wabc news video podcast and it was pretty good quality. i'm still trying to get the right settings to copy my own video files to to get it to work.

- HedCold - 10-24-2005

ok i found the right settings and it works fine. only thing that sucks is i'm probably going to buy a wall charger for 30 bucks. they don't come with them anymore.

- Galt - 10-24-2005

doesn't it get power from your computer? Even the old minis had that.

- Keyser Soze - 10-24-2005

the nano charges through your pc, not the new video ipods.

- HedCold - 10-24-2005

they charge through the pc too, just the video only plays for like 2 hours, so whe i take it places i'm going to want to plug it in when i get a chance

- GonzoStyle - 10-25-2005

I am so lost

- diceisgod - 10-25-2005

nanu nanu

- Goatweed - 10-25-2005

PSP > video ipod

- Keyser Soze - 10-25-2005

nah, i have a psp and even i think the video ipod is a better video device. way more storage at a lower price. the cost of a 60 gb memory stick would be astonomical.

I still use a portable cd player, it plays an entire cd.

- Keyser Soze - 10-25-2005

how retro

- crx girl - 10-25-2005

GonzoStyle Wrote:I still use a portable cd player, it plays an entire cd.
i have one of those, but mine plays radio too!

- Goatweed - 10-25-2005

Keyser Soze Wrote:nah, i have a psp and even i think the video ipod is a better video device. way more storage at a lower price. the cost of a 60 gb memory stick would be astonomical.
I guess in storage it's got the edge up, but the PSP does games & internet and it's widescreen (not to mention a bigger screen) so to me it offers up more.

crx girl Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:I still use a portable cd player, it plays an entire cd.
i have one of those, but mine plays radio too!
no fuckin way!!!

the marvels of technology.

- HedCold - 10-25-2005

doesn't the psp come in some pack now with a memory stick and some other stuff for 250? that seems like a good deal, i'm just not to into playing video games that much lately.

i had this other post typed out that i lost, but the gist of it was i got it because i was leaning towards eventually getting an ipod anyway, so once this new model came out i had less of a reason to hold out anymore. i already have a pda that can play movies and music and nintendo emulator and do some other things, but i got tired of switching the media files on my memory cards every couple of days.