CDIH
Rock is dead. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Rock is dead. (/showthread.php?tid=11390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- The Jays - 02-10-2006

Keyser Soze Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:anything other than rock because rock is dead.

give me some specific artists.

Armin van Buuren, BT, DJ GT

- lush - 02-10-2006

Rock isn't dead. You just have to look for it, it's there...

much like me having sex again

- The Jays - 02-10-2006

i've heard it all before. rock bores me.

- lush - 02-10-2006

Ok, so it is in your opinion that rock is dead.
In my opinion, it's not.

- The Jays - 02-10-2006

of course. that's why I started the thread. I think rock is dead.

you can do your best to prove me wrong.

- Keyser Soze - 02-10-2006

Quote:Armin van Buuren, BT, DJ GT

house and techno music?

- The Jays - 02-10-2006

yes, if you wanna go ahead and lump it into the techno label

- lush - 02-10-2006

The Jays Wrote:of course. that's why I started the thread. I think rock is dead.

you can do your best to prove me wrong.

I thought we bonded on The Band.

It depends on what rock music you like, there's lots of indie stuff out there but tons of it is whiny bullshit. Indie doesn't all mean college music and such.

Ask Keyser about the greatness of Spoon.

I'll put you on my buddy list and you can sample my music.

if im labeling it incorrectly, feel free to correct me. i mean you can't get much more repetitive and monotonus, in my opinion, than house and techno. its dead on arrival for me. have you even attempted to branch out into more obscure rock other than what you're hearing on top 40 radio?

- GonzoStyle - 02-10-2006

whoever listens to house music should have their actual house burned to the ground with them inside and all their house music cd mixes.

i was gonna say something to that effect but i didnt want to hurt his feelings.

- GonzoStyle - 02-10-2006

or be that coherent.

well, duh.

- The Jays - 02-10-2006

Keyser Soze Wrote:if im labeling it incorrectly, feel free to correct me. i mean you can't get much more repetitive and monotonus, in my opinion, than house and techno. its dead on arrival for me. have you even attempted to branch out into more obscure rock other than what you're hearing on top 40 radio?

I've tried listening to the stuff that gets recommended here, and I just don't dig it. I feel like I've heard it done before, and now all I hear other people in the real world obsess about is whiney pussy emo crap.

I never talk about my loves in the world of electronic music here, because I know I'm just gonna get responses like Gonzo's.

- lush - 02-10-2006

Emo is crap...next!

- shortnfugly - 02-10-2006

how can you say rock is dead? Have you listened to the newer stuff (post 2000)to Linkin Park, Greenday, ColdPlay, Evanessence, Nickelback?

Your poor brain is probably mush from the monotonous monotone rhythms repeating in your head over and over again from the music you've been listening to.

- The Jays - 02-10-2006

newer stuff? Those bands were new maybe three years ago, except for Green Day, which was new a decade ago.

yawn. Give me Chicane.

- HedCold - 02-10-2006

shortnfugly Wrote:how can you say rock is dead? Have you listened to the newer stuff (post 2000)to Linkin Park, Greenday, ColdPlay, Evanessence, Nickelback?

yea nickelback is amazing dood!

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-10-2006

i just got a question

what the hell is on joeys head?

- shortnfugly - 02-10-2006

The Jays Wrote:newer stuff? Those bands were new maybe three years ago, except for Green Day, which was new a decade ago.

yawn. Give me Chicane.

Listen ya little whipper snapper, did you not see (2000) in my thread.
You're like my nephew who swears that eminem is the most talented "musician" ever. Ya really don't know much until you learn to try different things.

Whatever Jay- go listen to your house/techno/trans crap that'll have you mentally retarded in 5 years from the noise and lack of anything substantial to appreciate.