CDIH
Your top 5 albums of all time - Fuck VH1, we will do our own - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Your top 5 albums of all time - Fuck VH1, we will do our own (/showthread.php?tid=127)

Pages: 1 2

- Sluggo - 01-20-2002

OK...
No particular order here...

Black Sabbath - Masters of Reality
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Alice in Chains - Facelift
Kings X - Out of The Silent Planet
Clutch - Clutch

That's my list if I'm restricted to my top 5...
:fuggin:

- Mr. Brownstone - 01-20-2002

Off the top of my head and trying to avoid to many repeats of what has already been said:

1. GnR - Appetite for Destruction: The prototypical perfect hard rock album.

2. Ozzy - Blizzard of Oz: An amazing piece of work, the man at the top of his game and his musical soulmate Randy Rhoads in lockstep with him. (Diary of a Madman is a perfectly acceptable alternate choice.)

3. Pink Floyd - The Wall: The perfect album to cry yourself to sleep to when you're a lonely teenager.

4. The Doors - Strange Days: Great for tripping on acid.

5. Natural Born Killers soundtrack: Trent Reznor impeccably weaves together his musical selections with snippets from the film to create a masterpiece. What a soundtrack should be and almost never is.

- GoodTimeSlim - 01-21-2002

I'm probably opening myself up for abuse because my selections are so diverse but fuck it.
1. Face To Face Live- Recorded in Sept 97, even if you've never heard of the band, get this album.
2. A Tribe Called Quest-Greatest Hits- Hip-Hop without the "I'm gonna drink a 40 and kill whitey" themes that turn off so many of us crackers to rap.
3. Oasis"Whats The Story Morning.."-Yeah the brothers Gallagher are drunken fools half the time but they wrote some great songs
4. The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper"-Nuff said
5. The Pogues-Best of The Pogues- Great Irish band
And if possible, Alice In Chains unplugged

Edited By GoodTimeSlim on Jan. 21 2002 at 5:20

- Maynard - 01-21-2002

Quote:3. Oasis"Whats The Story Morning.."-Yeah the brothers Gallagher are drunken fools half the time but they wrote some great songs
Oh that's ok slim. That's one of Sean's favorites too. :roltflmao:

- Lord Magus - 01-24-2002

Funny thing is.. biggest hit off that album wasn't written by them, "Wonderwall" was a cover of a cheesy british retro-pop tune that was originally performed like it was a song from the 50's

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2002

1. exile on main street
2. exile in guyville
3. trust
4. darkness on the edge of town
5. blood and chocolate

- Brokenjaw - 01-27-2002

1. Electric Lady Land - Hendrix. I think this album was his best work. It was his 3rd and final album made while he was alive. I listen to it atleast 3 to 4 times a week.

2. Bat out of hell - Meat Loaf. Jim Steinman wrote some great fuckin tunes. But Meats vocals to me, make this album what it is. Meat Loaf put out 3 albums after this without Stienman and they were good, but never caputured the heart and soul of what he did on BOOH.

3.Appetite for Destruction- GNR. When I first bought this album I was a freshman in high school. I listend to this thing over and over again. It got to the point that I could sit there with out it on, and sing everysong word for word in my head in the exact order they were on the album.

4. Core - STP. There best album period. Every song played on the radio, when I used to DJ at Heartbreakers, we called this CD old relyable. When we did not feel like chosing songs to play or need to run down to the basemeant to do a few lines, just pop that bad boy in and let it play.

5. Are you experienced? - Hendrix. Just another great fuckin album that I can't to this day get enough off.