CDIH
Spiderman - Comments - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Spiderman - Comments (/showthread.php?tid=1611)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 06-19-2002

What do you think of that new CBS show Survivor?

- Arthur Dent - 06-19-2002

I've never watched a single episode. :fuckoff:

- IkeaBoy - 06-19-2002

Quote:Anybody catch the reference to Dr. Connors?
if you think about it the character was more stacy than jane.

Quote:Anybody catch the reference to Dr. Connors?
Yep, Parker was fired because he was late.

- Arthur Dent - 06-19-2002

Quote:if you think about it the character was more stacy than jane.

Yeah, they kinda blended the characters together. I really want to get the graphic novel collection of the death of Gwen Stacey and how it really messed with his head and almost pushed Spidie completely over the edge. It would be really hard to do in a movie because they would have to build up her character over a couple of films then kill her at the beginning of a film and have the rest of the film be about him dealing with it and then intro Mary Jane in the next film. Just don't think it would work too well as a movie. If they did a TV series like Smallville, then they should absolutely do it because there would be the time and continuity to pull it off.

And I really liked how authentic the settings were. A lot of the Flushing stuff (like Aunt Bea's house) was shot near where I live. Just really cool. Except for calling the main library on 42nd Street "the downtown library" it all looked really good.

- Sloatsburgh - 07-01-2002

I beat you Dent!!

I FINALLY seen it.

And, although I am not a huge comic book fan and the majority of my exposure to the Spiderman character was through the cartoon, I loved it. I loved how they let charaters be dynamic and have inner conflict. I loved the dark unhappy feeling at the end of the movie. I did not like the dipshit-I'll just fuck this guy eventhough I hate him-bitch character of MJ and I thought that the nipplage scene was unnecessary. Not that I will complain.

Personnaly, I thought that the series would have started out with Dr. Oct. I always got the impression that he was Spiderman's premier nemesis, but as I said, I don't know too much about the series.

And I hope that they keep Venom and Madame Webwhatever until deep into the series (like 5-6th movies). I believe that they got quite a bit to work with before they need to bring in those characters.

- Arthur Dent - 07-01-2002

Doc Oc is rumored to be the villain for part 2. Depending on the story, Parker either knows him before becoming Doc Oc from either a high school honors program or from Empire University, so there's a personal connection.
Then, I'm thinking they'll do The Lizard, aka. Doctor Conners (who is mentioned briefly in the movie).
I'd expect to see Eddie Brock introduced in the movie BEFORE he becomes Venom.
I think, damn, was his name Mysterio or Fanta-something or other, would be the great because of all the holographic illusions and special effects.

What could be really cool is if the Daredevil movie is as good, they can do a crossover movie eventually. Then bring in the whole bio-engineering that leads to The Vulture and Scorpion.

- Sloatsburgh - 07-01-2002

I just went to the Marvel site to find out more about the characters. damn. Green Goblin came back? Now I know the story a bit better, the chick should have been Stacy and she should have flown of the cable and died. That would have added another dark element to Spiderman....

- Sloatsburgh - 07-02-2002

Apparantly, Eddie Brock is mentioned in the movie "Eddie has been trying all week to get those pictures" and both the Dare Devil and the Fantastic 4 are in the crowd during the wrestling scene.

And Gwen Stacy is officially dead. There is a tombstone for her in the final fight sequence.

I did not see any of these.