CDIH
Att: jersey residents - Need a little advice - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Att: jersey residents - Need a little advice (/showthread.php?tid=1641)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Brokenjaw - 05-07-2002

[Image: new-jersey-united-states.gif]

- DGW - 05-07-2002

HuH???

- Brokenjaw - 05-07-2002

What??

- NaughtyAngel - 05-07-2002

kick the old people out that live next door to me
they suck

- crx girl - 05-07-2002

i'm failing to see how that looks like a person :confused:

i've been thinking about buying a place too, just because i can't stand the thought of landlords anymore, but it just seems like it would be an awfully difficult thing to do, plus i'm lazy.

- Skitchr4u - 05-07-2002

co-op's are interesting...and what is worse is finding a mortgage for one...very few places want to do them due to the board situation. they can be good though, cause you don't have to worry about paying your taxes or anything, they do it for you, all you do is pay your fee. and if you want to stay in the good graces of the board, just join...all unit owners are allowed a say in it.

and the noise thing...its the same in a condo, as long as it is within reason, no problems

- Maynard - 05-07-2002

Dent, I think the area DGW was talking about might be your best bet. It's still very close to the city, and there are some good areas. Just be careful, because there are also some bad ones. Once you start going west of there, you get more and more rural. It's nice, but it can get pricey. I live out in Morris County, which has some of the richest towns in the state (country even). Bernardsville, Mendham, Gladstone/Peapack, they are all out here and I couldn't afford an outhouse in those towns.

Just do alot of looking man. Take some drives and really check out the state. I would stay in the northern part though so you don't have to commute forever. Another thought is look at the NJTransit lines as well, not just PATH. There are some train lines that do a midtown direct line. The train goes right into the city. :thumbs-up: It's great. From out here it's like 45 mins direct in.

i like living in middlesex county, its close to philly and the city

- Arthur Dent - 05-07-2002

The good areas of Union County. Check.

Quote:Take some drives and really check out the state.
That should be fun. I usually get lost in NJ. :lookatme:

It's either a one family in NJ or a two or more family in NY. I'm just not wild about the idea of dealing with tenants and NY's pro-tenant laws.

CRX, try this: YHD listings
Give you a good idea how much a house costs.
Also, do a search for a "mortgage calculator". You use the cost of the house, your downpayment, and the latest interest rate to show you how much your monthly payments would be.

- Hey Ladi - 05-07-2002

I could just be extra-wierd for seeing it this way.... :thumbs-up:

[Image: 1020783635644_NJbody.gif]

- JIMMYSNUKA - 05-07-2002

nah..that actually turns me on :loveya:

Ladi, I always saw it the OTHER way around. That little bulge above where you put "hair" is the bill of his hat and the bulge to the right is his nose. Where you put "back" is his throat and "butt" is his beer belly.

- Spitfire - 05-07-2002

I live by the boobs :rofl:

I think I want to move to South Jersey soon as my lease runs out, it's so much nicer, not as overpopulated like the rest of the state...if I still stay in NJ ...which is not my first choice...Middlesex is nice, though?

- Hey Ladi - 05-07-2002

Ok, I see your's then too Dent, neat. Like he's slouching, and "chest" is his shoulder. :bouncer: (I'm so easily amused.)

Quote:Ok, I see your's then too Dent, neat. Like he's slouching, and "chest" is his shoulder. (I'm so easily amused.)
Now I'm tempted to start a new thread full of inkblot tests.

i live in middlesex i dont mind it at all
i hate trenton though
dont move anywhere in mercer county

- Skitchr4u - 05-07-2002

maynard is right...most of the trains in morris county run direct to midtown all day...very convenient

- crx girl - 05-07-2002

ok, thanks for clearing that up, i see it now and i didn't even have to do any drugs :bouncer:

- Maynard - 05-07-2002

Ladi, I too always saw it the other way around. Either a cop or a mailman slouching. With the ocean side as his back.

- Brokenjaw - 05-07-2002

When I was a kid, we learned to look at a map of Jersey and see an indian, we even had to draw it. So I took the liberty to do it again.:bouncer:

EDIT**** Indian head with body wraped in a blanket, that what we were tought.

[Image: newjersey-1.jpg]

Edited By Brokenjaw on May 07 2002 at 1:31