CDIH
Whoever forced audiogalaxy to block every song - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Whoever forced audiogalaxy to block every song (/showthread.php?tid=2199)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Kid Afrika - 06-20-2002

So, what you're saying is, you have no comment, sLASH?

- SLASH - 06-20-2002

I was posting a BuisnessWeek article that was kinda backing up what you were saying...

- HedCold - 06-20-2002

well i actually read the whole thing, but they seemed to only mention cable. would dsl be affected to? i know they mentioned at&t, but i'm not sure if thats cable or dsl.

Quote:I was posting a BuisnessWeek article that was kinda backing up what you were saying...
Right, and I appreciate that. I was saying that you hadn't made any comment on the issue at hand. Other than the implied comment that I am correct, by your posting of the article.

- SLASH - 06-20-2002

Quote:Right, and I appreciate that. I was saying that you hadn't made any comment on the issue at hand. Other than the implied comment that I am correct, by your posting of the article.

OK, well crying like little pussies over 1 more P2P going down when there dozens and dozens of other apps just like it out there is pointless. It is worse than all the crying over Napster because back then, all there was was Napster (for the masses anyway).

Then people bitched over Morpheus, then KaZaA (spyware etc)

Click Unistall for the specific app, get the free ad/spy ware removal tools and get another P2P program. In other words - Get the fuck over it already. This is not the first time a P2P was shut down, and it won't be the last. If your favorite P2P being shut down affects you that much, go back to the old fashioned way of acquiring music - BUY IT. If you want it for free, shut the fuck up and deal with the way things are.

Better, my negro?

- Spitfire - 06-20-2002

Quote:It may be premature to count out the innovative file-swappers, however. P2P expert Clay Shirky points out that more efficient file compression and trading patterns could still make the cable companies' bandwidth charges irrelevant. Some cable hackers have already come up with ways to turn off bandwidth counters and grab as much download and upload capacity as they want.
Where there's a will...

I'm so fucking happy I just got a cable modem at home Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

- Maynard - 06-20-2002

Quote:I'm so fucking happy I just got a cable modem at home
Just consider me your audiogalaxy. :-)

Well...until I send you everything I have that is......

But that will take months. Heh.

Quote:Better, my negro?
Yes. Thank you.
Quote:Some cable hackers have already come up with ways to turn off bandwidth counters and grab as much download and upload capacity as they want.
My mission for this weekend. Anyone wanna help?

- SLASH - 06-20-2002

Quote:Just consider me your audiogalaxy.

Well...until I send you everything I have that is......

But that will take months. Heh.

Pssst. Bandwidth ='s bandwidth, no matter where it comes from.

- Maynard - 06-20-2002

I didnt even read that article.

Too many words.

- SLASH - 06-20-2002

Do you think I read the article? I barely skimmed it and extracted that much :-o

- Maynard - 06-20-2002

Personally, I think it would be fucking ridiculous to but a bandwidth limit on your modem. Are they fucking kidding me? It would be just another way for them to rape you for more money.

- SLASH - 06-20-2002

Uh, yea, Captain...

- Maynard - 06-20-2002

Quote:Uh, yea, Captain...
:clueless:

- SLASH - 06-20-2002

Quote::clueless:

Clueless? Apparantly you are. "...Obvious"

The idea of limiting bandwidth sucks. That goes without saying. The only saving grace is that most of us signed a contract for our cable modems. (I think mine was for two years, one of which has already passed.) So, until that contract runs out, there will be no change in the billing structure. However, this will change in the very near future. Why? Because they never saw the whole file-sharing thing coming. Why? Because before Napster, not very many people knew you could even do it. Shit, if it wasn't for Napsters and the like, newsgroupies and IRCers would still be going about our merry business. But, because broadband is so cheap and readily available, it is being taxed to the utmost, with no real return on investment for the Cable companies. In one of the articles in this thread it said that 1% of cable modem subscribers account for 16% of the bandwidth used. Knowing that I can easily download 4 GB in a day, when the groups are hoppin', I Know firsthand that this is true.

I sincerely hope that this "fad" of "geek chic" dies out in the next few years. Hopefully that will weed out some of the lamers that seem to be causing all of these problems in the first place.

- Sephiroth - 06-20-2002

Quote:Some cable hackers have already come up with ways to turn off bandwidth counters and grab as much download and upload capacity as they want.

[Image: bandwidth.jpg]
I love my Cable Modem.

Seph, IM me as soon as you can, please.

- LZMF1 - 06-20-2002

WinMX and Direct Connect are still working just fine!!!!

- The Sleeper - 06-20-2002

Quote:OK, well crying like little pussies over 1 more P2P going down when there dozens and dozens of other apps just like it out there is pointless. It is worse than all the crying over Napster because back then, all there was was Napster (for the masses anyway).

Then people bitched over Morpheus, then KaZaA (spyware etc)

Click Unistall for the specific app, get the free ad/spy ware removal tools and get another P2P program. In other words - Get the fuck over it already. This is not the first time a P2P was shut down, and it won't be the last. If your favorite P2P being shut down affects you that much, go back to the old fashioned way of acquiring music - BUY IT. If you want it for free, shut the fuck up and deal with the way things are.
Yea, well all the other P2Ps suck and I'm a cheap bastard, so I'll bitch all I want.