CDIH
Batman v superman is a go - Casting such movies - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Batman v superman is a go - Casting such movies (/showthread.php?tid=2515)

Pages: 1 2

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-11-2002

My suggestions:

Supes should be young, while Bats should be older; more grizzled.

Joker - Jude Law or Ewan McGregor

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Viggo Mortensen, Guy Pearce, Vince Vaughn, Dennis Quaid

Superman - Luke Wilson, John Travolta, Dylan McDermott

Lex Luthor - Kevin Spacey, Michael Ironside

- IkeaBoy - 07-11-2002

This is the first time in years anyone's called Travolta "young." I still think that Superman should be more unknown but I like the Vaughn idea for Batman the best of your 4

Viggo is a "that guy" character actor, but he's physical and I think would look great in the cowl, especially with his distinctive face.

Travolta was just a stupid idea, but he's lost a ton of weight and looks to be in great shape. But he's too old.

I really really like Quaid as Batman though.

What about the girls? Lois, Selina, and Harley?

- Arthur Dent - 07-11-2002

Harley Quinn = Reese Witherspoon (young apprentice to Poison Ivy more fun than slut to the Joker)
Poison Ivy = Nicole Kidman (much better than that Batman and Robin crap)
Louis Lane = Jennifer Connely
Catwoman/Selina Kyle = Ashley Judd (Already chosen for the Catwoman movie)

For the Superman/Batman movie, they should really do a Joker and Luther team-up story. No Robin or any other villain. Maybe do a comparison of the Kent/Louis and Batman/Catwoman relationships.

Petersen has already said there will be no Robin.

Connelly won't be in it because she's already in a superhero movie playing the love interest - Betty in "Hulk".

It's too bad because Eric Bana would have been a KICK ASS Batman, but his role as Banner is why I didn't include him.

Poison Ivy won't be in it. It's already too frontloaded, I think.

I like Reese as Harley though.

- IkeaBoy - 07-11-2002

Maybe for Harley Quinn Heather Graham?
Ashley Judd for Selina Kyle ? (she was slated to be catwoman in the catwoman movie)

EDIT: I wrote this before the Reese idea post but forgot to hit post and I have to agree that that can definitely work too. I can see her more being the fiesty insane of Harley Quinn more so than Graham.

Edited By IkeaBoy on July 11 2002 at 3:49

- Gooch - 07-11-2002

BATMAN: Colin Farrell
SUPERMAN: Christian Bale

Colin Farrell is DQed because he's already in a superhero movie - Daredevil.

Otherwise, I would have gone with Eric Bana as Batman and Hugh Jackman as Supes.

Christian Bale works, and if Reign of Fire is successful, it'll add more buzz.

Did anyone think about the possibility of Brendan Fraser as Supes? He's a "name" that can carry a big picture.

I came up with that after I was thinking about Rachel Weisz as Lois Lane.

- IkeaBoy - 07-12-2002

I'm actually liking Weisz as Lois Lane.

As I said before I like Bale for Batman, I just can't see him as Superman. Superman should be so clean cut that he'd untouchable. I can't think of Bale as that.

Fraser might be too odd looking/goofy, though I actually think he's good in most of his roles for the Ubermensch. Superman they REALLY might need to go unknown since he's so recognizable.

Out of interest, if the Year One movie pans out whom do you see as Young Batman. I'm thinking Wes Bentley, the kid from American Beauty.

And as for Vince Vaughn- if he was cast as Daredevil (possible since he does have superhero quality about him) and Foggy Nelson was still Jon Favreau that would automatically make me more excited for the film.

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-12-2002

"Look at all the beautiful babies in here."

"I can't, you fucking dolt - I'M BLIND!"

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-19-2002

According to ZENtertainment, Christian Bale is indeed the frontrunner to play one Bruce Wayne.

- Hellspawn - 07-25-2002

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=12834">http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=12834</a><!-- m -->

According to Harry at AICN, it's Colin Farell as Batman and Jude Law as Superman.

The Batman casting is excellent, but I think Jude Law is a little too scrawny to play Supes.

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-25-2002

Not so fast. Coming Attractions said AICN is (surprise surprise) wrong and no casting decision has been made.

Jude Law should be the Joker, period.

- Raven - 08-12-2002

Quote:Colin Farrell is DQed because he's already in a superhero movie - Daredevil.

Otherwise, I would have gone with Eric Bana as Batman and Hugh Jackman as Supes.
then Jackman is out too --- X-man remember :fuckoff:

- Gooch - 08-14-2002

Jude Law: Superman, Colin Farrell: Batman

But...Jude Law has dropped out. It's now looking like Josh Hartnett.