CDIH
Who here overclocks? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Who here overclocks? (/showthread.php?tid=2531)

Pages: 1 2

- Sean Cold - 07-12-2002

Sorry, this is probally really uncalled for but I care not....

<span style='font-size:37pt;line-height:100%'>NERD FIGHT!!!!!</span>

Thank you, drive through.

- GonzoStyle - 07-12-2002

I don't but I just wanted to post here so I could see my name as last replied by on every forum.

Move along now.

- fbd - 07-12-2002

sorry gonzo...cant let you do that

- Jack - 07-12-2002

Quote:I don't but I just wanted to post here so I could see my name as last replied by on every forum.

That was my gimmick. Already been done..... Thats how my post count got to over 900000. I pissed someone off.

- DGW - 07-12-2002

??????:clueless:
Guess this is why I'm never in here.

- Hey Ladi - 07-12-2002

Quote:That was my gimmick.
Bzzzt wrong try again, dumbass. Others did it way before you. :thumbs-up:

- Jack - 07-12-2002

Quote:Bzzzt wrong try again, dumbass. Others did it way before you.

Now hold on a second... Tell me where in my post I said that I was the first to do it. I was merely stating that I already devalued it.

- fbd - 07-12-2002

i did it once...that was a fun night.it brought my average to around 50 posts a day

Edited By fbdlingfrg on July 12 2002 at 3:02

- Hey Ladi - 07-12-2002

I could never come up with anything to say in Sports

Quote:I was merely stating that I already devalued it.
Moron Did it & got his own forum :fuggin:

- Jack - 07-12-2002

Eh... the "last post in this thread wins" thread was so much more fun.

- fbd - 07-12-2002

that was a fun night

so how about that overclocking?that stuff is...good?bad?

Edited By fbdlingfrg on July 12 2002 at 5:57

- Cunk - 07-13-2002

I wasted no time overclocking my old Celeron 300. In fact I selected a motherboard solely based on it's ability to oc this processor.

Now that I'm running an Athlon 1GHz I really don't care about it.

Although Gforce2 ---> Quadro Pro was essential for CAD.

- Jack - 07-13-2002

Overclocking in moderation is a good thing. It's when you realize that "hey, if I up the FSB another 10 points, I'll get 200 mhz faster." when you already have it overclocked by 500mhz is when you have a problem. Thats when you start burning up chips.

A lot of the new chips are designed to be able to be overclocked because Intel and AMD are sick of replacing chips because people overclock them and claim that it "just died" while under warranty. It has saved them somewhere in the millions last quarter alone.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-13-2002

When I overclock I take it to its absolute limit. And when I find out what the limit is I take it down a few notches.

Right now my 1.6 ghz p4 is at 2.133 ghz because I want to see how far my ddr ram goes on cas 2 latency but I do know the limit on my processor is 2.3 ghz. Just to be completely sure about it I'll probably leave it at 2.2 ghz. If only pentium 4s could have their multiplier unlocked. Increasing the front side bus speed has far more advantages than just pure mhz.

- Jack - 07-13-2002

Increasing the Front Side Bus makes everything go faster. If you have your FSB set at 100 your pci bus is only 25. If you bump that FSB up to 133 though, your pci bus is going to go at 33.25. Almost a 25% gain in speed there alone. Your memory clock is faster, so that data passing through it can be read/written much quicker. FSB serves many purposes.

I am running at 142 right now. I don't dare take it any higher until I get some fans. Then maybe I'll bo up to 150.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-13-2002

Good thing a lot of mobos have the pci bus lock so it doesn't get a lot of things out of whack. Nothing wores than oc'ing nad having your hard drive fail because your pci bus speed was too high.

- Jack - 07-13-2002

33.25 PCI bus clock isn't bad. I wouldn't take it any higher though.

- Arpikarhu - 07-14-2002

marshmellows make my tummy happy :-)

- onehung - 07-15-2002

Normal, Fast and Turbo are my options for speeding this up. no fsb multipliers to be found Undecided