CDIH
The best band you ever saw live - Who was it? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The best band you ever saw live - Who was it? (/showthread.php?tid=45)

Pages: 1 2 3

- av8er - 01-16-2002

Last year I saw Godsmack at the Pepsi arena in Albany. We had GA tickets and fought our way to the front...they rocked.

- slackjaw - 01-17-2002

Guns n Roses always put on good shows, not to mention that the entire 2 hours between the end of the opener, and the time Axl decided he was ready to grace us with his presence, was essentially one giant W.O.W. fest.

Hey Arpi.... fuck off man, Billy Joel puts on a hell of a show. You're just pissed that you couldn't get tickets to New Kids On The Block when you were younger.

- criticslovesnatch - 01-17-2002

Dave Matthews Band. Great live show.

The Roots were great live too, i saw them at area one last summer.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 01-17-2002

I saw Alanis Morissette at Hammerstein before SFIJ came out and it was one the best shows of hers I've ever seen...small venue, very intimate, and well...it was Alanis.

Besides her, the best bands I've ever seen live are Couting Crows, Live, Stone Temple Pilots and Nine Inch Nails at MSG.

- Sean Cold - 01-19-2002

Guns N Roses always put on a great show, but the two hours turned into 4 at giant stadium in the summer of 91.

The bestest band I have seen is Metallica without a question. From 86 till 96, I saw them 12 times and I was never disapointed. Their best show was in Tampa on the Justice for all tour with Queensryche in 89. The music combined with the destructive stage show was brilliant to say the least. Even the last time I saw them on The poor touring me show, it was still a solid show.

- LZMF1 - 02-14-2002

Slipknot, The Pledge of Allegiance Tour

CRAZY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

- Galt - 02-14-2002

I saw Cypress Hill and Rage Against the Machine at my college in '93. It was so insane becuase everyone in the crowd was fucked up beyond belief, Rage was angry at the world, and it made it even better becuase their first CD had just come out, and not many people knew who they were.

I saw Guns and Roses over New Years in Vegas. Really Axl and his new band, but they were really good, and since it was at the Hard Rock, there were no seats, and the whole place probably didn't hold more than 5,000 people. I was about 20 feet from Axl's ratty unwashed, heroin-scarred body.

Just so no one has to start a "worst concert" thread, the worst one I saw was Dave Matthews at Foxobor Stadium (where the Patriots play) two summers ago. 70,000 people in an open-air stadium. They were playing in one endzone, and I was on the other 10 yard line. I could barely see, everyone was sitting down, you couldn't hear what he was saying when he talked. Just utterly horrible. Plus, it was the first time I tried X, and compounded with a 12 pack before the show, I got lost trying to get back to my seat for about an hour eventhough I had my ticket with me.

edit. So, I'm saying that Rage was teh bestest

Edited By Galt on Feb. 14 2002 at 2:10

- Bondgirl - 02-14-2002

Best show ever..Ozzy and Rob Zombie last December in NH. I'm embarrassed to say that I had never heard either of their music before that show so I didn't even know if I was going to like it, but they f'in rocked...and Rob Zombies stage show was awesome

- Metalfan - 02-14-2002

Pink Floyd - Carrier Dome, Syracuse NY
Billy Joel - MSG

- Lord Magus - 02-14-2002

I've been to a few concerts.. not many, but enough..
I was at the anger management tour and I'ld have to say Eminem was definitely up there.
You got his songs live, you got a really cool pair of sets with special effects, you got movies, and you got some (albiet scripted) funny standup.

- Sean Cold - 02-14-2002

Lord Magus Wrote:I've been to a few concerts.. not many, but enough..
I was at the anger management tour and I'ld have to say Eminem was definitely up there.
You got his songs live, you got a really cool pair of sets with special effects, you got movies, and you got some (albiet scripted) funny standup.
That fuckin god he didn't say The Village People! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

- Lord Magus - 02-14-2002

damn you Sean... damn you all to hell!!! :bouncer: :bouncer:

- Sir O - 02-14-2002

The best live show I've ever seen was the Dream Theater show at the Roseland that was recorded for the DVD/CD. I can't stress enough how amazing these guys are technically, and for three hours, they delivered a flawless performance.

Very close second would be Rush. I saw them twice on the Roll the Bones tour, three times on the An Evening With Rush tour, and each time they proved why they are the best band ever. It was nice to see them bring back some of the older and more obscure songs, like By Tor and the Snowdog, and Natural Science, which I never thought I'd see them play live.

Also agreeing with Wormface, Primus is an amazing live band, probably my number 3. Metallica still put on a good show the last few times I saw them, even if they haven't written a good song since AJ4A. Ozzfest 97 was probably the most fun I ever had at a live show with Sabbath, Pantera, Type O, Fear Factory, Machine Head, etc. Also as a bonus, Marilyn Manson didn't play the show in Camden, saving me from the hordes of spooky kids.

Faith No More, White Zombie, NIN, Ministry, Opeth, Amorphis, Cannibal Corpse, Pearl Jam, Cypress Hill, Wu-Tang, Billy Joel, Grateful Dead, and Bob Dylan all stand out as great live shows. I've rambled enough...

- Spitfire - 02-14-2002

Quote:The best live show I've ever seen was the Dream Theater show at the Roseland that was recorded for the DVD/CD.

I wish I would have made it to that show, I caught the one down here at the Tradewinds and it was amazing, the best DT show...until...last month at BB King Blues Bar. OMG! They were the best I had seen them, first time they had played together in like 15 months, since the last show on the Scenes from a Memory Tour. Still, they were really tight, and when they weren't it was just as amusing cuz I've never really seen them fuck up before. It was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to, over 2 hours of technical, beautiful, heavy music Smile

- Sloatsburgh - 02-14-2002

Cold Sweat, Neptune's Lounge, Glens Falls, NY

- DreamWeaver - 02-14-2002

Sublime @ the Wetlands the last time they ever played on the East Coast.

- Sir O - 02-14-2002

Actually, they did a small European tour in November, so it was their first time playing together in about two months. :p

But I wish I could have been there to see DT in a really small venue, and to hear some of their new stuff for the first time. The new album is amazing though, can't wait to see them next month. You going to either of the Beacon shows?

- Spitfire - 02-14-2002

Then they lied to us, those bastards... :angry:
Everytime I've seen them (like 6 times since 96), it's been at a small venue- Tradewinds, Birch Hill, Toad's Place...the best way to see them (Portnoy even handed me his drum stick Smile )

Um, thinking about going to the 2nd show, I've already seen the set they're doing for the first show, but the second show is supposed to have a completely different set list. If I can get up the $$ and get my lazy friends off their asses, I'll be there.

DW, that must have been some show...sorry I never got to see those guys live :disappointed:

- Hybrid - 02-14-2002

im going to see thursday on the 22nd. i cant fucking wait, its gonna be a great show.

- DreamWeaver - 02-14-2002

Spit, the show was incredible..its a shame they are no more.

Oh and I also saw Frank Sinatra at the Arts Center on 2 hits of acid....a night I will never forget as long as I live.