CDIH
American Idol - anyone still watching? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: American Idol - anyone still watching? (/showthread.php?tid=5775)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Teenweek - 04-03-2003

Well it's better than the alternative of having a highlight show week or something to make up for Corey being kicked off. Besides, the one who should have been kicked off was not even bottom 3 and that was Ricky. Guaranteed that was who Simon was talking about. And can there ever be one week where Paula Abdul does not say that none of the people in the bottom 3 deserved to be there. I really liked when Gladys Knight was a judge. AT least she offered constructive criticism unlike Paula.

- Sweet Angel - 04-03-2003

I agree that it should be Ricky who goes. Although Josh is questionable as well. He's got great talent as a country singer, but that's not what they're looking for. I would hate to see him get sent home though.

- Teenweek - 04-03-2003

Josh is going to stick around for a while. He is getting the patriotism vote right now. From what I read, As soon as he is done with American Idol he is being shopped out.

- Teenweek - 04-09-2003

Carmen is next to go. Favorite part of yetserday was when SImon told Lionel Richie that Ricky sang it much better than him and he never liked his singing very much. Can anyone else believe that Paula Abdul has had 6 number 1 singles.

- Sweet Angel - 04-09-2003

I agree, Carmen is next. My prediction for the winner....Ruuuuuuuuuben. I'd prefer Josh, just for the cutie factor, but I think Ruben has what it takes.

- LyricalGomez - 04-09-2003

They should give Ruben a contract and just keep the contest going with the remaining people.

Clay and Ruben are both definetly getting contracts

Trenyce might get signed

Josh should go to Nashville

- Noonch15 - 04-09-2003

Clay without a doubt is goin all the way...but you know what something will screw it up, like it did last time, when that justin guarini shouldve won, instead it went to kelly clarkson...reuben has the potential of the next luther

- The Jays - 04-10-2003

Quote:Can anyone else believe that Paula Abdul has had 6 number 1 singles.

Yes.
Quote:but you know what something will screw it up, like it did last time, when that justin guarini shouldve won, instead it went to kelly clarkson

Justin sucked. He should have not made it so far, neither should have Nikki.

Clay and Reuben will be the finalists, yet Reuben will probably win.

- Sweet Angel - 04-10-2003

I don't know. Clay definitely has an amazing voice, but I don't think he's "commercial" enough (to use a word Simon used to define Carmen). I agree Josh should head to Nashville. I can't believe they voted Rickey out and kept Carmen. Kimberly Caldwell should make it another week or two, same with Trenyce. Kimberly Locke just doesn't do it for me. She's got a nice voice, but not too much else. Ruben is my choice for mainstream idol. Josh would get my vote for country idol. Clay gets my vote for the Barry Manilow-type idol.

- Noonch15 - 04-10-2003

justin guarini was way better in the first american idol, he has more talent than justin timberlake...

- Sweet Angel - 04-10-2003

I didn't watch the first American Idol, but I can't stand Justin Timberlake.

- Teenweek - 04-10-2003

no one came close to tamyra gray. She was head and shoulders abover everyone else.

- Sweet Angel - 04-17-2003

I ask you...HOW -- HOW could they send Kimberly home instead of Carmen????????????

- Metalfan - 04-17-2003

They ran out of money in the budget for all of her makeup needs???

Clay does have an amazing voice...but is goofy looking. Reminds me of Rick Astley (from the 80's for you younger folk). He too had a booming voice but looked like a fudge packer.

The marine is getting by solely on the patriotic vote. He's good, but he's not THAT good.

Trenyce needs to go buh bye. Voice doesn't match her looks.

Carmen is there to represent the young, innocent teeny-bopper crowd...using another 80's reference for ya....Debbie Gibson-esque.

Rueben is the man....hands down yo :5:

- Teenweek - 04-17-2003

what was up with kimberley's mullet hairdo last night. SHe should stay away from singing and go into modeling. Carmen is definitly next week.

- Sweet Angel - 04-17-2003

Quote:Reminds me of Rick Astley (from the 80's for you younger folk)
I agree...we're old.

Quote:The marine is getting by solely on the patriotic vote. He's good, but he's not THAT good.
But he's CUTE!

Quote:Trenyce needs to go buh bye. Voice doesn't match her looks.
I think her voice is usually better than her looks, but she's got great teeth.

Quote:Carmen is there to represent the young, innocent teeny-bopper crowd...using another 80's reference for ya....Debbie Gibson-esque.
Debbie Gibson at least had some talent.

Definitely Ruben all the way.

And, I don't think Kimberly had a mullet...they wear that hairstyle on Guiding Light a lot (yeesh...showing my geekiness again) -- it's definitely ugly though. And she really does wear way too much makeup. Very pretty girl...she could definitely model.

- Suzie - 04-18-2003

What I love about Trenyce is she doesn't seem to know that she's ugly. Or she doesn't care. Either way, I admire her confidence and ability to look as sexy as a butter face can on TV. I'd be way too self-conscious if I looked like that.

- Mad - 04-18-2003

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- Sweet Angel - 04-24-2003

Finally! They finally sent Carmen home. I'm afraid next week will be Josh. Oh well.

- Metalfan - 04-24-2003

Quote:I'd be way too self-conscious if I looked like that.

But has she shown her boobs on national TV.....I think not!