CDIH
ONLINE CONSOLE GAMING - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ONLINE CONSOLE GAMING (/showthread.php?tid=5910)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Jack - 04-02-2003

I'd whip anybody in a FPS on the PC. Just ask Goaty and Hybrid how well they fared in Unreal Tournament 2003.

- LZMF1 - 04-02-2003

i never got into PC gaming and it's obvious that i prefer console gaming :thumbs-up:

- Goatweed - 04-02-2003

Quote:I'd whip anybody in a FPS on the PC. Just ask Goaty and Hybrid how well they fared in Unreal Tournament 2003

it's true, my ass was handed to me - though I had just gotten the game. The same can be said for my recent display on SOCOM. I really need to free up some serious gaming-time :-(

- Mad - 04-02-2003

Quote:my recent display on SOCOM

It wasn't as bad as you think. Hell, I was having an off night myself considering I was a little rusty.

- Goatweed - 04-02-2003

if that was you rusty, I'd hate to see you sharp!

well, unless you were on my team of course :lol:

- LZMF1 - 04-02-2003

Mad is a bit too good at that fucking game.

i was so rusty that it looked like i was the n00b :disappointed:

- Keyser Soze - 04-02-2003

xbox! :lol:

- Mad - 04-02-2003

Quote:Mad is a bit too good at that fucking game.

There can only be ONE.

- Goatweed - 04-02-2003

Speaking of X-Box. have any of you guys been watching The Screen Savers this week? Every day they've been discussing Mod-chips and modding one out. Monday was about the legality of such actions, last night was a brief intro to a specific mod chip (Executer 2 I think, I caught the end of it). Anyway, it was a cool mod chip because unlike most other ones, this one could be turned on or off with an outer switch - meaning if you wanted to play online you shut the chip off and you wont get banned from any online fun. This chip also came with a whole new OS for the box which provided all kinds of shit - a dvd player that didn't need the remote, allowed the X-Box to act as an FTP Server, etc. Tonight they're gonna show how to remove the 5 gig drive and install a 120 gig drive - oh, and this mod chip's software also allowed for ripping games and then storing them on the harddrive (hence the need for a 120 gig). It's interesting stuff, esp. considering that TechTV is in part owned by M$.

- LZMF1 - 04-03-2003

it's just about to start!!! crazy shit people do with their XBOXs

- Goatweed - 04-03-2003

I missed it Sad

- Mad - 04-03-2003

Hacker breaks Xbox protection without mod-chip

- QuickStop - 04-03-2003

when socom came out, i rented it for free for a month and was decent at it. i loved playing it online. then i got a pc for Xmas and havent even thought about playing socom or any FPS on a console. then i was at my friends house one day and tried to play socom again....it sucks balls compared to UT2K3 and Wolfenstein and the like for PC. i even tried UC on XBOX and that was awful too. you dont know FPS's until you play them on a pc. of course i like sports and racing games on consoles because they are less about precision and more suited for controllers.

in conclusion....pc owns for any shooting game.
consoles own at sports, fighting, and racing

- Gooch - 04-03-2003

xbox rules...but i have yet to use the online gaming. i still have Unreal Championship and Deathrow still in their plastic wrappers (bought back in Jan).

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-03-2003

Quote:I'd whip anybody in a FPS on the PC. Just ask Goaty and Hybrid how well they fared in Unreal Tournament 2003.
I'll play you... :burnfucker:

- Jack - 04-03-2003

I can't host games no more cause of my router. (I still haven't figured out port forwarding :disappointed: )

- QuickStop - 04-03-2003

just set your pc as the DMZ host for while you play

- Baker - 04-04-2003

Jack you only beat me by one kill so shut the fuck up!

- Jack - 04-04-2003

I still beat you mofo

- Mad - 04-04-2003

:rofl:

Jack>Baker

Like LZ, I prefer console gaming larger screens and more fun. For the record SOCOM is not a FPS, it's a 3rd person Action game with realistic game play. (Blood!)

Head shots and heart shots will take you out with just one hit. There is no respawn, the weapons are comparable to real ones. Not some ridiculous lazar thingamajig.

To each his own, its all good. Let the slaughter continue...