CDIH
...Road Runner Cable - internet connection fucking up - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ...Road Runner Cable - internet connection fucking up (/showthread.php?tid=6276)

Pages: 1 2

- HedCold - 05-12-2003

:rofl: :rofl:

- Danked - 05-12-2003

Swish.

[Image: swish.jpg]

- IrishAlkey - 05-12-2003

:4:

- Is Don on the phone? - 05-12-2003

I had a similar rr problem; I thought it was the router, but it turns out my ethernet card had shit the bed. I plugged in a linksys usb/ethernet adaptor, and no problems since.

Good luck!

- LZMF1 - 05-13-2003

Quote:Compatible Cable Modems
I've recently seen a trend that's pretty disturbing with Time Warner Cable (Roadrunner).

Since TW was one of the first Cable companies to support the Xbox Live program you would think that they would include harware (cable modems) that is LIVE compatible, but that's not the case.

Some friends of mine that have recently subscribed to Roadrunner have been given the Toshiba PCX2500 cable modem and for some reason it only allows you to connect to LIVE somtimes and sometimes lets you play a complete match without dropping out, but most of the time they get dropped. I've brought my PCX1100 modem over to their houses and have no trouble with disconnects and can play for hours without a hitch.One of the friends has had to purchase a PCX1100 because Time Warner doesn't seem to care enough to provide a compatible modem like the PCX1100. Another friend is having the same trouble with his PCX2500 as we speak and is getting the same brush off by Time Warner.

I would like for any of you with Cable internet to reply with the kind of cable modem that you have and whether you've had any problems with it on Xbox LIVE so that we can get a list of which ones are compatible since there doesn't seem to be any such list on the internet.

Mine is the Toshiba PCX1100 and I've had no problems.
some dude posted this on team xbox live forums.....i figured this might help. it's probably your modem.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1052784095

- The Jays - 05-13-2003

.... this is like a problem both me and my fathe have been having... the modem itself has that data light on it, and when it's flashing, it's sending and receiving data, of course... but then the data light will just stop, and we have to reset it. If my internet fucks up when I get Adelphia at my arpartment, I'll then look into getting my card looked at.

Goat, I didn't install any of that RR crap... I just called and asked for another IP, and then plugged in my ethernet cord.... My dad still has that crap, though, but I will tell him to take it off.

WBK, :rofl:

- Goatweed - 05-13-2003

Quote:but then the data light will just stop, and we have to reset it

this definitely sounds like your modem - the ethernet card has nothing to do with the data light flashing (aside from when you're actually downloading/uploading). Call them up and tell them you want another modem - make sure you don't get a USB modem, get the ethernet one.