CDIH
So I listened to the new Metallica CD last night.. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: So I listened to the new Metallica CD last night.. (/showthread.php?tid=6500)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Gooch - 06-08-2003

Godsmack should be bitchslapped

- The Sleeper - 06-08-2003

Quote:Granted, that may not be all bad but Smack at least has them beat on the originality scale.
ahhaha wow, putting godsmack and originalty in the same sentence. turbonegro has great lyrics, they are fun, they are catchy. what's not to like?

- diceisgod - 06-08-2003

Quote:godsmack: alice in chains...

How does their music even come close to AIC other than the name they choose in homage of them? Go suck down a cheeseburger.

- diceisgod - 06-08-2003

Quote:what's not to like?

You?

- Gooch - 06-08-2003

godsmack is about as authentic/origninal as Fred Durst pining over Britney Spears.

- The Sleeper - 06-08-2003

Layne Staley could produce better music as a corpse than Godsmack could ever put out alive.

- diceisgod - 06-08-2003

I don't question AIC's greatness only your intelligence.

- Gooch - 06-08-2003

I hear Rotten Fetid Singer is gonna be great, you should buy it, DIG.

- diceisgod - 06-08-2003

ZING

- Sir O - 06-09-2003

Finally got a chance to listen to this album today. I tried listening with an open mind, forgetting what Metallica once was, and judging it on it's own merits.

It blows. Hard. The songs are repetitive, like they wrote a bunch of 2 minute songs and then stretched them out into 5-8 minute songs without really adding anything. The lyrics are uninspired at best, corny and pathetic at worst. It seems like James is trying hard to prove to everyone, "See even though I'm rich and middle aged, I still haven't lost my EDGE GRRRRRRRRRRRR TEEN ANGST 4EVER!!11!" It's so fake. And the mixing is terrible - the snare sounds hollow, it almost sounds like Lars is playing with a bunch of cracked cymbals, and I can't fucking stand tuned down guitars. It was fun when Korn was doing it back in 95, but now...enough already.

If this were any other band, it would just be another bad record that I honestly never would have even thought to listen to. The fact that it's Metallica makes it that much worse. Even though they haven't written a good song in 14 years, I guess subconsciously I kept some hope alive that they might one day return to something resembling the band they once were. If this was their attempt at recapturing the old Metallica spirit, as all the pre-release hype was designed to lead one to believe, they more than failed. A thrash/speed metal record it certainly is not, just another watered-down worthless nu-metal release for all the MTV kids to lap up without putting an ounce of thought into what they're listening to and why.

- Noonch15 - 06-09-2003

Metallica...worse than sars...rhymes with lars...the one who destroyed metallica for the hypocrits that they are...i notice a conspiracy going on here...so once again, its project blame canada...
why cant pink floyd make a comeback...i figure if you really want to listen to the metallica shit just dl it...thats sure to piss someone off

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-09-2003

your attepmt at humor, has failed :thumbs-up:

Edited By WhackBagKid on 1055176720

- Goatweed - 06-09-2003

Quote:why cant pink floyd make a comeback

because the egos of Waters and Gilmour are too huge to fit on one stage.

- GonzoStyle - 06-09-2003

Quote:your attepmt at humor, has failed

irony at its finest.

I barely got through 2 songs, I also like Sir O tried to actually give it a chance. The first track just set the tone for me.

Horrible production, terrible guitar, god awful bass playing, lyrics blew and the songs sounded like they were B-sides from a linkin park/limp bizkit collaboration.

that stung Undecided

I shoulda never questioned the funny rater, I apologize.

You're still aces in my book pal o' mine.

i would respond, but i dont want you to go off on a 2 page rant

Quote:i would respond, but i dont want you to go off on a 2 page rant

I deserved that.

You can say what you want, I won't respond with an essay I promise.

- Hybrid - 06-09-2003

the beatles suck. and im pretty sure 2 pac was gay. discuss.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

and further more

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah