CDIH
...Soccer - How come America could care less? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ...Soccer - How come America could care less? (/showthread.php?tid=7032)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Jays - 08-01-2003

...yeah, I bet Eastenders is like the number 1 sitcom of all time in Britain, but we Americans are lost because of the lack of laugh track....

- crx girl - 08-01-2003

oh it's hilarious, you're missing out

- Hybrid - 08-01-2003

The Jays Wrote:So, the supposed biggest sports franchise in the world, Manchester United, played a soccer game at the Meadowlands tonight and won. Yeah, whoopy.
the game was sold out.....along with every other game man u. is playing in the US on this little tour. how can you say people dont care?

- Goatweed - 08-01-2003

I don't care.

- QuickStop - 08-01-2003

im beyond not caring...i wish the sport didnt exist

- Hybrid - 08-01-2003

you also spend most of your life playing video games. it doesnt surprise me.

- The Sleeper - 08-01-2003

QuickStop Wrote:im beyond not caring...i wish the sport didnt exist
^^^

- Goatweed - 08-01-2003

I also don't care about soccer video games.

- Galt - 08-01-2003

If the global scale of "caring" were ranked from 1-10, and you weren't that much of a fan of soccer, you may rank your level of caring, say a 3. Sure so you could care less, but not by much. You might say, "I don't really like soccer. Sure I could care less about soccer, but I'm still not that much of a fan"

However, if you hated soccer. If you despised soccer, you would rank your level of care-itude at maybe a one. "No! I couldn't care less about soccer. I hate soccer. I rank my level at 1. There is no possiblilty I could rank it lower. I hate it, and it's impossible that I could care any less about soccer.

- LyricalGomez - 08-01-2003

I find it funny that some of you are making fun of British tv when we steal half our ideas from them, and more often than not make them un-funny and boring.

- HedCold - 08-01-2003

The Sleeper Wrote:
^^^
^^^

- QuickStop - 08-01-2003

Quote:I find it funny that some of you are making fun of British tv when we steal half our ideas from them, and more often than not make them un-funny and boring.
they stole who's the boss...suck on that

- crx girl - 08-01-2003

HedCold Wrote:
The Sleeper Wrote:
^^^
^^^
that's mighty selfish of all of you. does it really affect you so much that you'd wish the lack of something loved in millions of other's lives?

- The Sleeper - 08-01-2003

sure

- HedCold - 08-02-2003

i guess

- JimmyBlueEyes - 08-02-2003

While I don't particularly care for soccer or football as they call it overseas, have you guys noticed that only been in the past, say, 10-15 years American football has been played over there (NFL Europe, formerly World League of American Football)?? I don't think too many people give a rats' ass about it like we go nuts over the regular NFL. But then again you don't see too many NFL players getting murdered or beaten up by fans for fucking up a play, like a number of soccer players have been. Not to mention Baseball was a rip off of cricket, a game I still can't understand. You guys wanna watch some fun shit, Aussie Rules Football.

Edited By JimmyBlueEyes on 1059825189

- QuickStop - 08-02-2003

anything the australians come up with is cool cause theyre fcking insane

- criticslovesnatch - 08-02-2003

Well played soccer is exciting to watch. The shitty imitation version that we get called MLS sucks ass. However, find 2 good teams playing hard against each other and soccer can be as interesting as any other sport.

And Fawlty Towers is one of the funniest shows ever.

- diceisgod - 08-02-2003

I definitlely hate soccor. Did I mention how much I hated soccor? Soccor sucks. If shi-ot was a sport it would definitely be soccor.

- crx girl - 08-03-2003

JimmyBlueEyes Wrote:While I don't particularly care for soccer or football as they call it overseas, have you guys noticed that only been in the past, say, 10-15 years American football has been played over there (NFL Europe, formerly World League of American Football)?? I don't think too many people give a rats' ass about it like we go nuts over the regular NFL. But then again you don't see too many NFL players getting murdered or beaten up by fans for fucking up a play, like a number of soccer players have been. Not to mention Baseball was a rip off of cricket, a game I still can't understand. You guys wanna watch some fun shit, Aussie Rules Football.
we actually got 1 nfl game a week on channel 4. it was the mid 80's so without a doubt me and my dad would be on the couch watching the bears kick some ass. but then i was always a freak wherever i was.

as much as i should be i'm not a huge "soccr" fan, our town didnt have a premier team and nwhere nearby did. but stilll world cup was always huge. i still remember 86 when we got gyped by the maradonna handball, fuck argentina, we were finally gonna beat them in 98 but bekham got red carded on a bullshit call. are those years right? that seems wrong, i don't remember world cup being last year no, i think it was 88 and 96 or 2000 which means there's a world cup next year, i can't be bothered to fix my mistakes, deal