CDIH
MLB Playoff thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: MLB Playoff thread (/showthread.php?tid=7480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- HedCold - 10-07-2003

huh? what happened?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-07-2003

that choke hold was nice... those fans are idiots.

- PeterDragon - 10-11-2003

Boy this forum is dead.

2 great championship series so far. Yanks/Sox, Cubs/Marlins. TV ratings way up.
and the Atlanta Braves are home where they belong.

Baseball - the way it oughta be.

- diceisgod - 10-11-2003

Quote:Boy this forum is dead.

Most of the sports crazed and knowledgable people from the old board didn't quite make the transition. I have zero time to keep track of all this stuff. Where are francinebanger, darthziggy, cluster f, and maybe a few others I can't think of right now?

- The Jays - 10-11-2003

WHAT THE FUCK. PEDRO THROWING DOWN AN OLD MAN, WHAT CLASS THOSE RED SOX HAVE.

- The Jays - 10-11-2003

ok, so Zimmer looks like he was going for him. Still, Pedro's gonna fight a 72 year old? He could't back away, could he?

Well, if anything, it just reassures everyone that Ramirez is a fucking asshole, he was just looking to start shit, and that pitch was nothing.

- PatCooper - 10-11-2003

Zimmer is out of his fucking mind. If some old crazy bastard was running toward me with his arms up i'd throw his ass out of the way too.

- GonzoStyle - 10-12-2003

Ramirez was just looking to start shit, and pedro is a fuckin cock not for throwing at someones head but for his gesture afterwards to posada when he pointed to his head and said that he'd hit him too. That just shows his intent for head hunting and that he knew what he was doing, then ramirez starts shit for a ball that was high but nowhere inside simply tryin to get Clemens tossed. As for the zimmer thing, he coulda just side stepped him, but he enjoyed throwing him down and was mocking him in the dugout later on.

But none the less, its in the past and the yanks are up 2-1

Yanks Vs. Cubs world series would be pretty sweet. Both good pitching and hitting teams, could be quite interesting, more so for the pitching match ups. Prior Vs. Clemens would be pretty sweet.

- Teenweek - 10-12-2003

[Image: photo035.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

It's on bitches. I hope Wells throws a fastball and maybe loses his grip and maybe hits manny in the teeth.

- Galt - 10-12-2003

Manny is an idiot. That ball was nowhere near him.
Zimmer is an idiot. He deserved to get chucked just like that jackass in the Yankees bullpen deserved to get shitbeat.

If you look at the replay. Pedro wasn't even looking, and then all of a sudden this guy was running at him taking a swing at him. All he did was push him away. If I'm a 72 year old, I'm not going to try and start a fight with a 30 year old professional athlete, no matter how much of a pussy he is. He had to expect that there might be some reprocussions.

- The Jays - 10-12-2003

If I'm a 30 year old Cy Young award winning pitcher try to lead his team to a World Series berth, I wouldn't be going to the opposing teams dugout, telling them that I will throw pitches at their heads, especially when their 72 year old coach has a metal plate in his head because of such an action, and if a 72 year old was to come toward, me, I would think I'd know better than to look like "the guy who threw down an old man".

- Goatweed - 10-12-2003

but he's a spic.

- Galt - 10-12-2003

Zimmer's lucky he didn't get a shiv

- diceisgod - 10-12-2003

This is splendid.

- PeterDragon - 10-12-2003

Galt Wrote:Manny is an idiot. That ball was nowhere near him.
Zimmer is an idiot. He deserved to get chucked just like that jackass in the Yankees bullpen deserved to get shitbeat.

If you look at the replay. Pedro wasn't even looking, and then all of a sudden this guy was running at him taking a swing at him. All he did was push him away. If I'm a 72 year old, I'm not going to try and start a fight with a 30 year old professional athlete, no matter how much of a pussy he is. He had to expect that there might be some reprocussions.
yes on both, although I dont buy the "it was no where near him stuff.

Manny should have shut his pie-hole, but after being warned, Clemens was definitely trying to send a message, even if he did throw a pitch manny could duck under. Roger has the same mysterious loss of control for one pitch that Pedro has.

Pedro has said he didnt want to hurt Zim, but what the hell was he supposed to do?

And speaking of bizarro, what the hell was Karim Garcia thinking? the other bullpen pitchers couldnt take care of a stadium crew guy?

Having said all of that, it was a a great game.
:4:

And it looks more and more like a Cubs/Yankee WS, which would make networks cream.

- GonzoStyle - 10-16-2003

Two game 7's, the stress is too much.

That cubs vs. red sox series might not be a fairt tale after all.

Clemens Vs Pedro, its gonna be either an amazing game or an amazing game with some bloodshed.

- The Jays - 10-16-2003

The Cubs look like they are about to lose.

- HedCold - 10-16-2003

the same thing happened last year to the giants in the world series. they were up late in game 6, lost that. then lost game 7.

poor dusty

- PeterDragon - 10-16-2003

Well,
Marlins in. amazing enough.

and hopefully game 7 lives up to promise.

great postseason.

- GonzoStyle - 10-16-2003

a cubs vs red sox series would be amazing, a cubs vs yankees series would be amazing.

either one vs the marlins just doesn't seem exciting.