CDIH
I can finally get a Tivo! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I can finally get a Tivo! (/showthread.php?tid=7542)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Sleeper - 10-07-2003

remember when everytime you wanted to change the channel, you had to get up and turn the dial?

yea, me neither

- Keyser Soze - 10-08-2003

so weird, what are you TIVOing?

so far i've season passed: Biography, Behind The Music, The Real World, Jimmy Kimmel, Howard Stern, and The Daily Show

- Danked - 10-08-2003

He is setting it up right now. I'm watching Rushmore. :-D

- LyricalGomez - 10-08-2003

:5: Tivo :5:

That's pretty much all there is to say

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-08-2003

do not record everything at best quality, its stupid and you will waste all of your hours.

- LyricalGomez - 10-08-2003

I really notice no significant difference between best and medium quality

you know what really blows though. you can't watch something else while something is recording. that really, really blows.

- Danked - 10-08-2003

You can't or you just can't figure out how to?

Cause I can! :5:

wait. how?

- Danked - 10-08-2003

I don't know, but I was watching Joe Schmo last night, was able to flip channels during commercials, go back to Joe Schmo when I realized the commercials were probably over, rewind, watch that part of Joe Schmo I missed up to the next commercial, go back to the other channel I flipped to during the commercials, rewind that and watch it too.

Yay!

i think i need to have two TWO coaxial cables coming from my satellite, thus 2 signals. when recording 1 signal, you watch the other. unfortunately i dont think i have one at the moment and that sounds like it would involve me either climbing on the roof or calling directv over to install another cable.

- Danked - 10-08-2003

Yes, that's what Weird just said.

- Goatweed - 10-08-2003

I don't know much about satellite, but cant you just buy a coax splitter and split the signal in your house? If it's the same coax as cable, it should work - I split mine 4 ways.

no, when you split a DirecTV signal it does not work, you need a direct connection from the satellite to the receiver. correct me if i am wrong. i have tried to split the cable before and it did not work.

- Weird NJ - 10-08-2003

A coax splitter wont work with satellite signals because the LNB can't handle the dual load. You need a round dish with 2 LNBs or an oval dish that points to 2 sats. You can get a LNB at Radio Shaq and install it yourself.

- Danked - 10-08-2003

Did you see what he did there? Shaq... like in the commercial.

- Weird NJ - 10-08-2003

So far I set up a season pass for Inuyasha and Joe Schmo. :5:

- Danked - 10-08-2003

....and XPlay.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-08-2003

i still havent hooked my tivo up at school Undecided

i currently watching Bowling For Columbine which i had TIVO record for me last night at 2:30AM