CDIH
Name that show! - Name the really obscure tv show. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Name that show! - Name the really obscure tv show. (/showthread.php?tid=794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- IkeaBoy - 03-25-2002

Weird, quirky comedy show set in Florida about a really harsh judge.

- Tenbatsuzen - 03-25-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:Chick knows about virtual reality and crap. It had Giles from Buffy
VR.5 and Maximum Bob.

I have a degree in communications. Literally translated, it means I watched too much fucking TV.

- IkeaBoy - 03-25-2002

Tenbatsuzen Wrote:I'll add my own.

Computer programmer creates a being made from a computer. They fight crime and solve mysteries with the help of "Cursor", the being's virtual friend.

A transformable truck, Sam "Flash Gordon" Jones, and Jacko from the Energizer commercials. All you need to know. Smile
the automan
The highyway man

TIm burton cartoon about a pet.

- Galt - 03-25-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:Weird, quirky comedy show set in Florida about a really harsh judge.
Hardcastle & McCormick? Though I think you were 2 when that show was on.

- IkeaBoy - 03-25-2002

Galt Wrote:
IkeaBoy Wrote:Weird, quirky comedy show set in Florida about a really harsh judge.
Hardcastle & McCormick? Though I think you were 2 when that show was on.
tenbats got it right, it was maximum bob

- Tenbatsuzen - 03-26-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:TIm burton cartoon about a pet.
Family Pet or Family Dog. Originated as a short on "Amazing Stories", if memory serves.

Let's go, Ikea. *drops gloves*

Charlie Schlatter as a popular high school student. Featured Jennifer Aniston as his sister.

Sitcom about a health club. Featured an American Gladiator.

Teenage spy. Had a girlfriend named "Cake".

G's son from "Homicide" starred in this underrated Fox police "dramedy".

Bring it, IB. Smile

- IkeaBoy - 03-26-2002

Tenbatsuzen Wrote:Charlie Schlatter as a popular high school student. Featured Jennifer Aniston as his sister.

G's son from "Homicide" starred in this underrated Fox police "dramedy".
It was Family Dog.

Ferris Bueler
Bakersfield PD

I need to think about the others (or use imdb)

Show with Rob Schneider and a guy who kind of looks like Tim Roth. Somewhat funny believe it or not. Curse my young age.

- Sloatsburgh - 03-27-2002

This one no one will get - Show, set in Canada, about a high school, really serious, dealing with honest issues brutally: Outcast girl joining a cult, can't remember too much else except the local hangout was a diner with a student working there.

I did some research on this, well it was very tough... I could only get resume information to confirm that the show existed. It took place in Montreal and during 1988. However, in the past couple of years, a show was released and canceled about a girl going from Canada to NYC with exactly the same name.

Edited By Sloatsburgh on Mar. 26 2002 at 9:42

- Tenbatsuzen - 03-27-2002

Canadian High School drama? Degrassi Jr. High.

I have a thing for girls who go "aboot".

- IkeaBoy - 03-27-2002

Sloatsburgh Wrote:This one no one will get - Show, set in Canada, about a high school, really serious, dealing with honest issues brutally: Outcast girl joining a cult, can't remember too much else except the local hangout was a diner with a student working there.

I did some research on this, well it was very tough... I could only get resume information to confirm that the show existed. It took place in Montreal and during 1988. However, in the past couple of years, a show was released and canceled about a girl going from Canada to NYC with exactly the same name.
was the cult one of the issues or was it a crucial plotlines of the entire series? because it might have been Trapper John, M.D.

It was a plot line (3-5 shows) for the character that cummulated with her inviting the cult members to have a session at her house which then gets totally robbed and the cult leader show themselves as sham-con people.

I doubt if anyone down here saw it. I only saw it on Canadian television stations.

- Arpikarhu - 03-27-2002

i've got one nobody will get:
a group of doctors helping the wounded during the korean war

Arpikarhu Wrote:i've got one nobody will get:
a group of doctors helping the wounded during the korean war
St Elsewhere.

- ziggy - 03-27-2002

I loved VR5, great show, only lasted the one year, and it sucked cuz they left Darryl Hannah as a vegetable! You never find out what the hell happened to her!
Anyway, does anyone remember the show about the girl who could freeze time by touching her finger tips together, talked to her dad, who was an alien of some sort, through a crystal ball? I know it, and it always comes up in shows from the childhood of my generation, but I can never remember the name. If someone says it I'll know it, but that's a pretty obscure one I guess.

- IkeaBoy - 03-27-2002

ziggy Wrote:I loved VR5, great show, only lasted the one year, and it sucked cuz they left Darryl Hannah as a vegetable! You never find out what the hell happened to her!
Anyway, does anyone remember the show about the girl who could freeze time by touching her finger tips together, talked to her dad, who was an alien of some sort, through a crystal ball? I know it, and it always comes up in shows from the childhood of my generation, but I can never remember the name. If someone says it I'll know it, but that's a pretty obscure one I guess.
I think it was Lori singer in VR5, not Daryl Hannah (and if not Lori singer, lori petty).

And the show was "Out of this world" featuring the theme "would you like to wish on a star"

- ziggy - 03-27-2002

Ikea, right on both accts, thanks. I always thought she looked like Darryl Hannah I think, that's why I was confused, but Lori Singer sounds more like it.

- Sloatsburgh - 04-02-2002

The show was "Time of Your Life" about High Schoolers in Montreal living through the so-called "time of your life". Apparently big-mouthed Jennifer Love Hewitt was in a show with the same name about a Canadian moving to New York. It was cancelled after maybe 5 or so shows. Party of 5 spinoff? JLH show makes researching the show I saw back in the 80s impossible to research.

- Arthur Dent - 04-02-2002

Young Celt with bald barbarian friend fight Roman invaders and the witch who's sleeping with the Roman govenor.

Man has the ability to change into any animal he wants. Fights crime.

Man from future (with super-evolved human abilities) hunts criminals who have escaped into the past (our modern world) with the help of a hologram that looks like an english nanny.

- IkeaBoy - 04-02-2002

Sloatsburgh Wrote:The show was "Time of Your Life" about High Schoolers in Montreal living through the so-called "time of your life". Apparently big-mouthed Jennifer Love Hewitt was in a show with the same name about a Canadian moving to New York. It was cancelled after maybe 5 or so shows. Party of 5 spinoff? JLH show makes researching the show I saw back in the 80s impossible to research.
Actually it was a spin off of Party of 5 with her character going to NY I think in search of her birth parents.

And I have neither seen PoF or ToyL and the fact that I know that bothers me

- Tenbatsuzen - 04-11-2002

Manimal and Time Trax.