CDIH
Yankees try to finish what boston couldn't. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Yankees try to finish what boston couldn't. (/showthread.php?tid=8518)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- Goatweed - 02-15-2004

I agree with you, but then again there isn't all that much we can do about it - I mean, we can choose not to go to the games but with ticket prices being what they are I can't afford them anyway.

- The Jays - 02-15-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:I think it's lame how easy it is for the Yankess to just get players like ARod simply because other teams can't pay for him. It's unfair and is not good for the league.
There's two solutions.

1) Tell the Yankees that they can't spend over a certain amount of money, or give their money to the rest of the league.
2) Tell the other teams to learn how to make more money and be competitive.

- The Sleeper - 02-15-2004

I'm 100% in favor of any form of revenue sharing or a hard salary cap. look how well it works in the NFL. Yea there's parity which some people don't like (I like it), but it really tests management to manage their money and make shrewd moves rather than whip out their checkbook and build an all-star team.

- The Jays - 02-15-2004

Waaa! I have no money! Waaa! Gimme Gimme Gimme!

nice counter-argument

- The Jays - 02-15-2004

NYC rules, other cities drool. It's not our fault our city is superior to all other cities.

- The Jays - 02-15-2004

Besides, I thought money didn't matter anymore. Yanks haven't won a title since 2000, and teams like Oakland, Florida, Anaheim have done stuff without the money.

Money matters. Anaheim was a big market team. Oakland was an anamoly and never got out of the 1st round of the playoffs anyway. Plus they weren't able to keep Giambi cause of money, and they will probably lose their pitchers too once their contracts are over. I don't know how much Florida spent last year but I'm pretty sure you're aware of how they completely disgraced baseball by getting rid of all their players the year after they first won a title. That was the best example of a bought championship. Just cause the Yankess haven't won every year doesn't mean they don't have a big advantage over other teams before the season even starts based solely on the fact that they have more money.

- GonzoStyle - 02-15-2004

Anyone who thinks this trade is a good idea wears pink yankee hats.

- lush - 02-15-2004

Pink...................I mean blue, definitely blue

- Rape Fantasizer - 02-15-2004

The Jays Wrote:
The Sleeper Wrote:I think it's lame how easy it is for the Yankess to just get players like ARod simply because other teams can't pay for him. It's unfair and is not good for the league.
There's two solutions.

1) Tell the Yankees that they can't spend over a certain amount of money, or give their money to the rest of the league.
2) Tell the other teams to learn how to make more money and be competitive.
They have a salary cap, and the yankees go over it every year. They're just willing to pay the penalty charges for doing so. It needs to be more strict with it.

The cap is like 180 mil or something ridiculous anyway, so even if the Yankees stay under it, they still have way more of a payroll than most other teams.

- diceisgod - 02-15-2004

The Phillies.

- Arpikarhu - 02-15-2004

anybody who is against his trade still thinks that batting average is an important stat. the trade is awesome and those of you who dont think so have no understanding of the importance of OBP and slugging stats. arod is such an incredible upgrade over soriano its ridiculous. and those of you who are crying over sorianos potential, he would have to become the best player in the game to equal arod so why worry about potential when you can get it now without the risk.
as for no player loyalty and teams buying pennants, go back to the past and root for the senators where you belong.leave the present for us.

- Gooch - 02-15-2004

arpi doesn't watch baseball

- Arpikarhu - 02-15-2004

i get all my info from newsies.

- Gooch - 02-15-2004

Do the newsies give you forbearance?????

- Arpikarhu - 02-15-2004

i dont have my thesaurus with me today. what does that mean?

- HedCold - 02-15-2004

its official. arods a yankee

- Arpikarhu - 02-15-2004

:banana: :bouncer: :bouncer: :banana: