CDIH
2004 Baseball Season - Good Stuff - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2004 Baseball Season - Good Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=8844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- The Jays - 04-17-2004

One more thing, while the PSAL does have 126 baseball teams, the PSAL, in every sport, fails to compete well with the 11 other public school sections. Funding for sports programs is minimal, but if you looks at the school in the rest of NY state, they have enough money to make their programs extremely well developed. So, it is partially the fault of the Board of Education.
Private schools tend to have the most sucess in developing programs, because of the large amount of money they receive from tution. If school vouchers were offered, allowing families to choose any school, whether private or public, perhaps the opportunities for sports development would increase as well for inner city youth.

- The Jays - 04-17-2004

I wish they would stop building new stadia. The top five oldest ballparks now includes Shea Stadium.

- Keyser Soze - 04-17-2004

Mets seriously need a new park. Whats up with the Jets getting one and not the Mets? They had plans for a real flashy looking one right before 9/11 and then it got scraped for obvious reasons.

- HedCold - 04-17-2004

i think the mets wanted to pay for half of it and the city the rest
but if the city fronts money for a new ballpark for the mets, they have to give money for a new ballpark for the yankees, because they're struggling so much out in the bronx

- Keyser Soze - 04-19-2004

yanks could buy a different park for each day of the week

- Bloody Anus - 04-21-2004

Quote:Carlos Beltran is a fucking animal!

- PeterDragon - 04-21-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:Mets seriously need a new park. Whats up with the Jets getting one and not the Mets? They had plans for a real flashy looking one right before 9/11 and then it got scraped for obvious reasons.
Jets got smart and jumped on the Olympic bandwagon, something Bloomberg cares about.

Shea has improved a little; its new scoreboard is real nice;
but it still is an overly windy dump.

Wilpon should suck it up and figure out how to get it done privately.

I think his paranoia is that somehow he will have to pay for a new Mets stadium, but George will get City to build a new YS.

- Keyser Soze - 04-21-2004

mets can afford it, and they can afford better players. i read a forbes article recently that had the mets listed as the 3rd most valuable franchise in baseball behind the yanks and sox.

- Keyser Soze - 04-21-2004

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.forbes.com/business/2004/04/08/04baseballland.html">http://www.forbes.com/business/2004/04/ ... lland.html</a><!-- m -->

- HedCold - 04-28-2004

reyes and floyd are going to be back soon. floyd might actually play this weekend, reyes tuesday.

whats the over/under on how long until they get hurt again?

- The Jays - 04-29-2004

Quote:Jets got smart and jumped on the Olympic bandwagon, something Bloomberg cares about.

For what ever little chance that NY has of getting the Olympics here, that wont happen until 2010 the earliest.

I was reading a book today, discussing how much the world wastes. All of these cities that have World's Fairs and host Olympic games, they build these huge stadia, and then they sit around unused after the games are done, because none of the cities can possibly attract that many people ever again. They cited Lake Placid, for example, and how there are just these winter sports venues that go unused. This is why only real cities that have real interest in sports should host the Olympics, because no one else in the world cares about sports, or could possibly use these new buildings. Cities like Hong Kong, London, Paris, Tokyo, LA, NY, Chicago, Madrid, those are the cities that should host Olympics. Fuck doing it in places like Berlin, Seoul, Athens, and third world countries, like SAREJEVO! WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING? These people have been killing each other for the past century, but let's give them some stadiums, and they'll unite on the footbal field. Hosting any large world event in a third world country is the most wasteful bullshit ever, and the only use stadiums will go to is piling up their dead.

- GonzoStyle - 07-05-2004

Bonds gets another recored on his way to immortality.

Bonds is now the all time leader in Walks.

- Galt - 07-06-2004

remember when we had a thread a while back about Bonds vs. Ruth and how I said that Bonds was the best baseball player ever, and I think I might have been all alone in my opinion.

Well, fuck all 'yall.

- Goatweed - 07-06-2004

I sure hope he sends BALCO a 'thank you' card.

- Galt - 07-06-2004

One would have to imagine that if he WERE on steriods last year, that they are doing testing now, and his production this year would be steroid free. Well, he's having a pretty decent year.

And if you look at th eproduction of the other people suspected of steroids last year (Nomar, Nixon, Brett Boone, Giambi, Sosa, Sheffield, Javy Lopez to name a few) you can see that all of them have seen their production fall significantly, and/or spent significant time on the DL this year.

Again, Bonds hasn't. He's a machine. He's the best baseball player ever.

- Keyser Soze - 07-06-2004

i agree, despite ruth pitching. bonds faces much stiffer pitching that ruth ever did. what ruth does have going for him, yankees stadium used to have outrageous dimensions, making his homers more 'ruthian' in comparison.

- The Jays - 07-06-2004

steroids ward off parasites?

- Goatweed - 07-06-2004

if anything, I would think they'd make the parasites stronger!

- The Jays - 07-06-2004

omg parasite on roids, EAT GIAMBI ARARGRGARHGJHATGARAHAGRAHRAA

- Keyser Soze - 07-06-2004

gagne just blew a save