CDIH
Delahoya Vs. Hopkins this saturday - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Delahoya Vs. Hopkins this saturday (/showthread.php?tid=9379)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Mad - 09-17-2004

I could see them doing it to Keyser, but say it ain't so, HedCold.

- HedCold - 09-17-2004

seriously

so gooch, you guys ever come up with that new slogan?

- Goatweed - 09-17-2004

proxy sites rule :5:

- Arpikarhu - 09-17-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:i have already disproved that.
sure you did.
how quickly we forget.

- GonzoStyle - 09-17-2004

I'm sure you'll refresh my memory or just say you can't be bothered and you know you are right and everyone else is wrong, the usual.

- Arpikarhu - 09-17-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:I'm sure you'll refresh my memory or just say you can't be bothered and you know you are right and everyone else is wrong, the usual.
well? which is it?

i cant find the original thread but i reference it here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cdih.net/cgi-bin....zostyle">http://www.cdih.net/cgi-bin....zostyle</a><!-- m -->

maybe you will remember the thread that i am talking about.

- GonzoStyle - 09-17-2004

yeah the ward and gatti fight, I said I enjoyed it and you went on some kind of misinthropic rant how I was not a boxing fan cause I liked the fight.

Ok yeah you sure showed me.

- Arpikarhu - 09-17-2004

i did! the proof is in the warning you just gave me. :banana:

unless laz gave it to me and then he is just doing it to be a bitch.

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1095458668

- GonzoStyle - 09-18-2004

How can I compete with such brilliance, I dare say I can't.

- Arpikarhu - 09-18-2004

at least we can agree on that

- Gooch - 09-18-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:yeah the ward and gatti fight, I said I enjoyed it and you went on some kind of misinthropic rant how I was not a boxing fan cause I liked the fight.

Ok yeah you sure showed me.
i enjoyed the fight too.

we suck. :17:

- Keyser Soze - 09-18-2004

gatti/ward is one of the greatest fights of all time.

- Keyser Soze - 09-18-2004

Gooch Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:They not only banned me, they removed my ability to even view their website...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
must be your sweet & gregarious disposition
your site is like wackbag with less members and even lesser sense of humor.

- Arpikarhu - 09-18-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:gatti/ward is one of the greatest fights of all time.
your opinion on boxing has just become null and void.

- Gooch - 09-18-2004

Billy Conn vs Joe Louis is prob one of the greatest all time.

2nd on list...

Thiller in Manilla: Frazier vs. Ali III

I think the Holyfield Bowe fights were as good as Ward vs. Gatti. What makes Ward vs Gatti 1 so great is that it was unexpected...and was a great fight...2 was more of the same. 3, well, not as good. But best ever?? never. Great fight...yup

I never actually said i'd rank ward/gatti as the greatest or even one of the top 10 greatest fights. Neither fighter can be called an all time great, what they are though are entertaining fighters. They know they are not top tier fighters such as Oscar, Hopkins or others but when they go in a ring they leave everything they have there, you can never say you saw a Mickey Ward fight where he didn't give his all.

Ward/Gatti were both perfectly tailored for eachother, i'll admit that the 2nd and 3rd fights were largely due to the fact Gatti chose to change his style from the 1st fight to a conventional boxing style and Ward is a straight out brawler who doesn't box well, while gatti is at his best but not his most entertaining when he decides to be more technical than brawler.

The 1st fight was amazing and deserves praise as one of the finest fights, flat out brawl and thats entertaining. These two men combined to earn probably 5% of what Delahoya will make tonight but they gave their all for the fans and I respect them and their hearts.

Ofcourse Oscar blew out Gatti when he fought him but Gatti gave his best and didnt just show up to collect a pay day which many fighters today do and dont give two shits about putting on a display, ask jones about that.

So if that classifies me as not knowing anything about boxing because I said I enjoyed ward/gatti then I am guilty as charged cause I did enjoy it.

- Arpikarhu - 09-18-2004

at least you are man enough to admit it.

whatever grinch!!!

Either way as far as tonight goes its a toss up as far as I am concerned. I'd equate this fight to Leonard-Hagler. No one basically gave Leonard a shot against Hagler. Hagler was too big, too strong and Leonard had been retired 3 years already. Leonard didn't even take a tune up bout, he came straight out of retirement into a fight with the most dominant fighter below heavyweight at the time. Leonard won by the skin of his teeth as far as the judges were concerned, the fans were basically split 50/50 as to who won, I personally have watched the fight 3 times in its entirety and always have Hagler winning.

Hopkins is Hagler in this scenario and he's the odds on favorite to win, he's a 2-1 favorite and this is the first time Oscar is the underdog in a fight. If I was forced to choose then i'd pick Hopkins cause he's always fought at Middleweight his entire career, naturally the 18 consecutive title defenses and he hasn't lost in 11 years since he dropped a decision to roy jones jr.

The whole point is that this is what makes a fight like this great, its not just two of the best finally meeting but you arent too sure who is going to win. The majority of people ofcourse are picking Hopkins cause it is the safer pick, even if he loses then its an upset. But either man can win and thats what makes it exciting atleast as far as the build up. This can work out as planned and Hopkins beats Oscar or Oscar can pull it off after no one gave him a chance, like Ali Foreman or Leonard Hagler, etc etc.

I'm kinda swayed toward the middle after seeing the weigh in the other day and seeing Hopkins weigh in at 155 which is strange to me, he always weighs in at 159 or the 160 limit. Why choose now, when your size and power is your biggest advantage to come in lower? Don't kid yourselves that 4 or 5 pounds is not that big a difference, for boxers it is tremendous. Also during the press conference Oscar was the calm and cool one while Bernard seemed edgy and nervous. Now Bernard has done this in the past, most notably before the Trinidad fight but Oscar isnt Felix, he doesnt let people get to him just look at the Vargas fight if Oscar was ever going to be played head games with it was Vargas but he didnt let Vargas irk him a bit. Trinidad let Hopkins get to him and it was evident that he did. Hopkins also hasn't been in this big a fight, the Trinidad fight was the biggest fight he had ever been in and the rest since then have been cream puffs set up for him to get the record of consecutive middleweight defenses and then to set him up for a big pay day which has arrived.

Power is in Hopkins corner, speed is in oscars corner, stamina is probably in Hopkins corner but Oscar knows it is his weakness so hopefully he's prepared for a long ass fight. As far as chins both men aren't easily knocked down or out, neither man has ever been knocked out.

I'm picking Hopkins but I will not be surprised if Oscar wins by decision, if it goes to the cards Hopkins may get screwed like Hagler did. If Hopkins wants to make sure he'll have to KO oscar like he did with Trinidad. Cause everyone was so sure Trinidad would beat Hopkins that they had Trinidads name inscribed on the trophy and naturally didnt present Hopkins with it after the fight to save the embarassment.

- Arpikarhu - 09-18-2004

did you just "whatever" me? girl!

Ofcourse I gave Oscar a chance so arpi is going to have further proof of my lack of boxing knowlege thus making my opinions invalid.

So just ignore my previous post.