CDIH
7 more days motherbitches!!!! - Ollie nosegrind kickflip manual indy 500 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 7 more days motherbitches!!!! - Ollie nosegrind kickflip manual indy 500 (/showthread.php?tid=3951)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- QuickStop - 10-28-2002

i think that if you start a another career with someone else, they will start with their original stats. I think the reason they did it this way is so you could play a free skate or trick attack with anyone and they will have good stats. i like it this way.

- Maynard - 10-29-2002

Holy fuck man. I played this last night on my brothers X-Box and it was unbelievable!!!

I hate the X-Box controller though, so he's gonna get an adapter to connects PS2 controllers to X-Box. WOO HOO!

- QuickStop - 10-29-2002

Quote:i think that if you start a another career with someone else, they will start with their original stats. I think the reason they did it this way is so you could play a free skate or trick attack with anyone and they will have good stats. i like it this way.
this entire statement is incorrect. i checked it out last night and once you do a mission, its done no matter what

- Skitchr4u - 11-01-2002

i picked this up the otehr day...this game rules! it is fun, and easy to play...it is the first tony hawk game i have ever played, and now i am sorry i never played before. between this and gtavc i may never have a life again

- Lord Magus - 11-01-2002

That's the great thing about the Tony Hawk's is the learning curve.. I remember before the first one came out playing the demo for a week straight and being impressed with a 180 Ollie.. but now I can pull off 500k combo's in my sleep, and they always add something new to keep you learning.. flatground tricks and spine transfers in this one.

Ugh.. finished: Tony's, Bob's, Steve's, Kareem's, Rune's, Bam's, Custom Skater's, and maybe one other's pro challenge. currently working on Elissa's.

FYI, for those looking for the unbuyable cheats.. Moon Gravity has been leaked,
From the main menu (before entering career mode) find cheats and enter:
superfly
For the PS2 version of the game.. codes are apparently different depending on platform.

- LZMF1 - 11-01-2002

Quote:I hate the X-Box controller though

tell your bro to buy the smaller XBOX controller.

oh yeah, cheats for PS2 version..............
In the main options menu go to Cheats, then enter NEVERBOARD or 4JUICE (not case sensitive) to always get Gold Medals in career mode.

Moon Gravity
Enter ''superfly'' at the cheat menu in the options menu. A money collected soud will confirm correct entry.

Unlock Secret Skaters
Enter one of the names listed below to create a pre-made secret skater:

#$%@!
Aaron Skillman
Adam Lippman
Andrew Skates
Andy Marchal
Angus
Atiba Jefferson
Ben Scott Pye
Big Tex
Brian Jennings
Captain Liberty
Chauwa Steel
Chris Peacock
ConMan
Danaconda
Dave Stohl
DDT
DeadEndRoad
Fakes The Clown
Fritz
Gary Jesdanun
grjost
Henry Ji
Jason Uyeda
Jim Jagger
Joe Favazza
John Rosser
Jow
Kenzo
Kevin Mulhall
Kraken
Lindsey Hayes
Lisa G Davies
Little Man
Marilena Rixfor
Mat Hoffman
Matt Mcpherson
Maya's Daddy
Meek West
Mike Day
Mike Lashever
Mike Ward
Mr. Brad
Nolan Nelson
Parking Guy
Peasus
Pete Day
Pooper
Rick Thorne
Sik
Stacey D
Stacey Ytuarte
Stealing Is Bad
Team Chicken
Ted Barber
Todd Wahoske
Top Bloke
Wardcore
Zac ZiG Drake

all of these were blatantly cut and pasted from gamefaqs.com!

Edited By LZMF1 on 1036176377

- Maynard - 11-01-2002

Dude, the flatland shit is awesome. You can pogo now. Man...they should have put that stuff in there before.

Next they need to add flatland specials (as oppossed to special manuals)
And I'm thinking some skitch skating tricks (maybe lip-tricks off the trunk??)

- QuickStop - 11-01-2002

they have special flatland tricks like the reemo slide...unless i misunderstand you

I actually liked the way you did flatland tricks in THPS3 better, because it was quicker. I could do about 5 casper flips every second. I haven't quite mastered the new tecnique yet.

Quote:they have special flatland tricks like the reemo slide...unless i misunderstand you
I actually liked the way you did flatland tricks in THPS3 better, because it was quicker. I could do about 5 casper flips every second. I haven't quite mastered the new tecnique yet.

Yeah, you misunderstood.
First off.. in 3 they didn't have flatland tricks, all that stuff was qualified as manuals (even though YES, some of them technicly WERE flatland tricks)
for the most part, however, all the manuals in 3 that were actually flatland tricks were sustained tricks, much like grinds and grabs.
While in 4 all the flatland tricks are still sustained, there's definitely a more flatland approach to performing them, whereas in 3 you would minimum have to ollie between tricks because they were treated as manuals, being able to go directly from pogo to handstand etc etc with no ollies as you can in 4 has a more flatland feel to it.

- QuickStop - 11-01-2002

no..i get that..i was just saying that i like the "manual combos" in 3 more than i do the "flatland combos" in 4 because i could get higher multipliers more quickly.

- HedCold - 11-01-2002

video games shouldn't be this complicated

- Hybrid - 11-01-2002

look at who's discussing them

- Skitchr4u - 11-04-2002

Quote:skitch skating tricks

dude, i told you i wasn't good at this game, why do you want to know my tricks? that makes no sense... :clueless:

Edited By Skitchr4u on 1036436130

- Maynard - 11-04-2002

Yeah, you do kinda suck at THPS. :moonie:

- Skitchr4u - 11-04-2002

you shut up or else...no cookie for you!

- Maynard - 11-04-2002

Oh no, not the cookies! :disappointed:

- LyricalGomez - 11-04-2002

:thumbs-up:

- Skitchr4u - 11-04-2002

see, now you be nice. i am a beginner, and should be treated with kid gloves til i get more better at the game

- fbd - 11-09-2002

rented it last night, found a cool glitch...in level 2, do the save the painter mission. skate into his ladder after it falls, and you get stuck in the air. i had about 650,000 x 250 before the game crashed...i think it only lets you do 250 tricks in one combo