CDIH
What are you reading? - I'm sure some of you read - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What are you reading? - I'm sure some of you read (/showthread.php?tid=457)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Sean Cold - 02-16-2002

fbdlingfrg Wrote:its too bad maynard beat you to the joke, not that it was that good to begin with
Like anyone actually reads what MayMay posts.

Get real you little ass fucker :fuckoff:

- Maynard - 02-16-2002

Quote:its too bad maynard beat you to the joke, not that it was that good to begin with
Fuck off pube face! :fuckoff:
<font color=FEFEFE>

Edited By Maynard on Feb. 16 2002 at 6:45

- IkeaBoy - 02-16-2002

Maynard Wrote:Fuck off pube face! :fuckoff:
<font color=FEFEFE>
pube face better than Gay Elf

- Maximus - 02-17-2002

Just finished reading The Great Gatsby in my english class. It's a pretty good book, if you haven't read it, I suggest you do. It starts out pretty boring in the begining but it gets better.

- IkeaBoy - 02-17-2002

communist manifesto for school and for pleasure, possibly, either the dillinger book or the making of the Godfather book

- AdolescentMasturbator - 02-18-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:communist manifesto for school and for pleasure
Yes muhahahha another one deceived into the cause.

I just finished the Antichrist and Age of Reason and I'm on some book about CIA involvement in the global heroin trade. It's so ironic that while our government has a war on drugs it's peddling the shit at the same time.

- IkeaBoy - 02-20-2002

I just finished the Making of the Godfather book today which I didn't enjoy as much as either The Battle for Brazil or Future Noir, the making of Blade Runner.

Next on the list is Dillinger: The Untold Story.

- GoodTimeSlim - 02-21-2002

Reading Tourist Season by Carl Hiassen, another mystery/black comedy by one of my favorites..After this I might finally get around to picking up Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.

- IkeaBoy - 02-26-2002

with the dillinger book concluded I am probably going to read my Ted Bundy: Conversations with a Killer book which won't have the objective point of view i was hoping for in my TB book. Of course this probably won't be read until after midterms-ish

- GonzoStyle - 02-26-2002

The Art Of War: Sun Tzu, yet again... :burnfucker:

- fbd - 02-27-2002

GonzoStyle Wrote:The Art Of War: Sun Tzu, yet again... :burnfucker:
is it really that good?i tried to do read it a few months ago, and couldnt get through the first chapter

- IkeaBoy - 02-27-2002

fbdlingfrg Wrote:
is it really that good?i tried to do read it a few months ago, and couldnt get through the first chapter
read the translated version

- fbd - 02-27-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:
fbdlingfrg Wrote:
read the translated version
i'm not even going to dignify that with a real reply

- IkeaBoy - 04-04-2002

I just finished reading The Stranger Beside Me as per Spit's suggestion and thanks, it was very good, very detailed and I may buy it.

- fbd - 04-04-2002

i gave up on the landover series, and my english teacher thankfully gave up on the canturbury tales, so now i got nothing for school, and i;m reading the x-wing series on my own.after that, i'll probably move over to a shanara re-read, and the zahn trilogy.and of course, any new book that comes up in the middle

- GonzoStyle - 04-04-2002

I finished "Choke" yesterday, by Chuck Palachunik(sp?). Same guy who wrote 'Fight Club'. Pretty good read, I got hooked on the opening page, the intro to the book was "fresh" to say the least. Then with the weird sexual stories and a pretty decent plot I was even more hooked. I will admit it gets really slow and drags a shitload of the time and some of the book is pointless. But the character arch and development is amazing especially with the title character and ofcourse the twists and turns are also great, similar to fight clubs twists. The story is also very, very fresh and exciting to read cause of its originality. I finished the book in two sittings so I can't say it was bad at all. Definetly worth a read.

- Arthur Dent - 04-04-2002

fbdling, I've read the first three or four in the X-Wing series. Just haven't gotten back to it yet. Reading the newest book in the "New Jedi Order" series now.

Recently finished Stephen King's "Dreamcatcher". Kinda strange to see Kig doing a Sci-Fi based story, but it's really more of a horror story. Pretty good, but not great. Has a good ending that's consistent with the story, which is a bonus with King.

Somewhere I read that Dreamcatcher was supposed to tie in with the Dark Tower series (kinda the way Hearts In Atlantis or Insomnia did), but I found no connection at all.

- fbd - 04-04-2002

i'm actually on my 7th read or so of x-wing.personally one of my favroite mini-serieses.as for the new new jedi order book, i finished that the other day.i dont know where you are and thus wont spoil stuff, but be prepared for death after death.quite a few characters made in the series die, along with 2 major people.the constant killing of my favroite characters is starting to piss me off

- Spitfire - 04-04-2002

Finally got around to reading Imajica, I'm halfway through now...

seems I should catch up on some Chuck Palachunik, been looking for a new author to get into...I always read more in the spring and summer...

- Arthur Dent - 04-04-2002

I've started Imajica twice and still haven't finshed it. Don't know what it is.

I loved The Great and Secret Show, Everville, and Thief of Always. Just can't get into Imajica for some reason.