CDIH
Best hitter in baseball - Not Bonds, Vlad, Soriano, Manny, or Arod - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Best hitter in baseball - Not Bonds, Vlad, Soriano, Manny, or Arod (/showthread.php?tid=6575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Galt - 06-30-2003

Quote:which i'm guessing was the inspiration for this thread
Think again chief. This thread was started 3 weeks ago. About a week before all those articles on ESPN started showing up. I think we have a mole.

Quote:Pujols plays 3rd
Pujols plays LF. Scott Rolen plays 3B

Rolen, Renteria, Martinez, Drew are better as a foursome than the Blue Jays next four (probably Catalonatto, Phelps, Stewart and whoever is catching at the time. Much better.

If that is your point, then yes. However. These are also four very good hitters. The Blue Jays are by no means a one- or two-man team. They have a great lineup. I believe they are near the top in majors in most offensive categories.

The fact still remains that Pujols is better than Delgado. Don't just look at RBI, homers, and Average. I'm not talking fantasy baseball. Pujols is a better hitter. He's got almost as good average, doesn't strike out, and hits for much higher average. He's also 23 fucking years old.

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2003

after watching him this weekend, i am changing my sheffield vote to pujols. he is incredible.

- Galt - 06-30-2003

let the record show that Arpi has admitted wrong and/or become a communist.

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2003

no, i still despise your communist leanings,. i will say though, that at this very moment in time, pujols is th ebest hitter in baseball.

- Galt - 07-03-2003

Ever since Arpi threw his support behind him, Pujols is 1 for 12 with nary an RBI or run scored

Edited By Galt on 1057247635

- GonzoStyle - 07-03-2003

and Bonds is still a machine.

- Keyser Soze - 07-03-2003

drafted bonds #1 this year over arod, vlad, and big unit. mainly because we count walks and subtract pts for strikeouts. it turned out to be even smarter comparing him to other possible #1's

- The Jays - 07-04-2003

... yo, Craig Biggio has always had a soft spot for him in me....

- Galt - 07-04-2003

that girl in your sig is hideously ugly.

- GonzoStyle - 07-04-2003

How perfect was the call when bonds came to the plate?

"Bonds has avergaed a home run every 10 at bats, this is his 10th at bat since his last home run, are you ready?"

:pitch:

"And it's going... how do you like it, Barry Bonds right on cue".

- The Jays - 07-04-2003

... what girl in my sig?

- GonzoStyle - 07-04-2003

OH SNAP HE SAID JAYS LOOKS LIKE A GIRL!!!

- GonzoStyle - 07-13-2003

Closin in on the all star break

Pujols leads his division in RBI's and Average, he's 4th in HR's only 3 out of 1st place.

Delgado leads his division in RBI's & HR's but is 11th in average.

- HedCold - 07-13-2003

preston wilson leads the nl in rbis, pujols is second

- Galt - 07-13-2003

Delgado will never lead the league in hitting with Ichiro, Manny, and Nomar there.

- Arpikarhu - 07-14-2003

when it comes to punching catchers, pujols is the best hitter in the league.

thank you. i wrote that myself

- GonzoStyle - 07-14-2003

you am stupid.

- Galt - 08-10-2003

since the all-star break:
Soriano .213 8 runs 2 homers 10RBI

- Keyser Soze - 08-10-2003

Sosa had a sick July. Should have traded for him post cork when his stock plummeted.

Edited By Keyser Soze on 1060550838

- Velociti - 08-10-2003

I don't think his stock ever plummeted that much he just had a bad first half after an injury.