CDIH
Bowling For Columbine - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bowling For Columbine (/showthread.php?tid=7227)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Jays - 08-29-2003

pffft, leave it to a liberal to go and generalize.

- Keyser Soze - 08-29-2003

for one, he said they were creating missles at lockheed martin to kill people with. they're actually used to launch satellites.

- The Jays - 08-29-2003

he also fudged some details about Willy Horton, made Heston seem like he was pushing to hold rallies near Columbine by editing speeches together, lied about what he was reading off of a plaque on a fighter plane, lied about the ease of getting bullets in Canada.

Just read that website, it covers most of it/.

- GonzoStyle - 08-29-2003

jealous bitches tryin to sully the good name of micharl moore, punks.

another car bomb attack just took place in iraq just now, 75 people dead. One iraqui witness was quoted as saying "even the americans never bombed us like this".

- Mad - 08-29-2003

I read the web site good stuff on exposing the lies of Moore. What a douche nozzle he is.

The Jays Wrote:he also fudged some details about Willy Horton, made Heston seem like he was pushing to hold rallies near Columbine by editing speeches together, lied about what he was reading off of a plaque on a fighter plane, lied about the ease of getting bullets in Canada.

Just read that website, it covers most of it/.
well he may have lied about the ease of getting bullets out of canada.

But while he may have lied about certain aspects, my main point is that you don't have to agree with all he says but that his film inspires to think.

For example I knew a lot of the stuff in the film already but many of my friends and acquaintences did not, it made them think and investigate things for themselves.

Think about this fact, I believe so far it's 18 states that now accept mexican papers as valid ID's for illegal aliens so they can apply for work and drivers licenses. I forget the name of it, it's basically an ID that you can acquire in mexico. Thanks to many of the states "don't ask don't tell" policies towards imigration now, with bloombergs "don't wanna know" policy I am amazed we are not one of the states.. yet.

6 months after 9/11, most of the men on those planes who killed 3,000 people were granted their visas. Maybe next time terrorists won't have to bother with visas and get these mexican papers, get a valid drivers license and they are set.

You have to question these things and look into them cause it's a scary direction we are heading towards. Iraq isn't any safer now, the bombings are still taking place and afghanistan is a distant memory.

- Goatweed - 08-29-2003

I'm moving to Sweden - nothing bad ever happens there.

- The Sleeper - 08-29-2003

Goatweed Wrote:I'm moving to Sweden - nothing bad ever happens there.
:crackhead:

- Goatweed - 08-29-2003

I'll be sure to avoid chunky african princesses on the busses.

- The Sleeper - 08-29-2003

:thumbs-up:

- The Jays - 08-29-2003

Quote:But while he may have lied about certain aspects, my main point is that you don't have to agree with all he says but that his film inspires to think.

Well, yeah, it can inspire one to think, and eventually, if one thinks about this particular movie long enough and does some research, they'll find the truth.

No one is saying the movie isn't entertaining. I'm simply saying that alot of it is fabricated just to suit his point of view. He could have been honest and said he was making a work of fiction, but he didn't. Instead, he claimed it was a documentary, and most people have been foolish enough to believe everything he says without doing the research.

- Mad - 08-29-2003

I believe the proper term for what Michael Moore does is 'propaganda.'

Bush is more guilty of propoganda lies than a 100 michael moore's.

- Mad - 08-29-2003

True. Everything out of Bush's mouth is a lie of some sort. Let's get those 'Evildoer's', shit he should start with his own administration first.

John Ashcroft may be the scariest human being alive.

- Sir O - 08-29-2003

I dug Bowling for Columbine, but it is propaganda, just refreshing propaganda because it's from the other end of the spectrum. The real deal is probably somewhere in the middle. I mean, the introduction to Howard Zinn's People's History of the United States, which a lot of left-wingers take to be the gospel truth, Zinn says that his history book is no more correct than the one you get growing up in a public school system. The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle, he said.

I really enjoy the concept behind Michael Moore's work over the years; I just wish somebody a little less pretentious and annoying was doing it without so much attention paid to himself in the process.

- The Jays - 08-30-2003

And what exactly is his concept?

- Sir O - 08-30-2003

Muckraking

- GonzoStyle - 08-30-2003

Sir O is gonna be the mod of my michael moore fan message board, where fox news is the only news.