CDIH
UFC - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: UFC (/showthread.php?tid=11553)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Arpikarhu - 03-12-2006

SUCKS HARD!!1!!!

- Gooch - 04-05-2006

Tomorrow eve at 8pm on Spike is Ultimate Fight night...

after is the first episode of The Ultimate Fighter 3 at 10pm

- Gooch - 04-06-2006

- BOSTON HERALD PREVIEWS TUF 3
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - Boston Herald - Mark A. Perigard
Avg. User Rating
By Mark A. Perigard

"Ultimate Fighter." Season premiere tomorrow at 10 p.m. on Spike TV. Grade: A-

For its third season, Spike TV's "Ultimate Fighter" punches up some major improvements, a scrappier group of fighters and two new coaches ready to pound each other into gristle. The popular reality series about mixed martial arts combatants returns tomorrow night at 10. Gone are the ridiculous product placements and the insipid challenges that had no bearing on the fights. (One challenge last season pitted the combatants in a race to pull each other's socks off.)

Now it's all about the training and the bouts that will end in a live finale June 24 with two fighters walking away with six-figure contracts. The 16 contestants make last season's group look like a bunch of librarians - OK, beefy librarians who could pound the snot out of you, but you get the idea. Among the contestants: Matt Hamill, a deaf athlete; Ed Herman, who goes by the nickname "Short Fuse"; and Kendall Grace(sic)Groves, who says, "I love punching people in the face. That's my paradise." The real drama comes prepackaged with this season's coaches, Ultimate Fighting Championship stars Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz. Their bloody rivalry is legendary and recapped here with several video clips. Left alone in the gym, the two men won't even look at each other. After the coaches pick their teams, they demonstrate surprising approaches to training. Ortiz favors working out with his guys and emphasizes conditioning. "Prepare for the worst and the best will always happen," he says. Shamrock maintains a distance. His decision to bring along a nutritionist mystifies some of his players. To cap the premiere, two middleweights brawl and the loser is sent home. It's a satisfying opener to what promises to be the best season of the franchise. (The show is preceded by a two-hour, live "Fight Night" special featuring alums of the first two seasons.)

Alas, like a cut that won't heal, UFC president and human wedgie Dana White returns to focus the drama on himself. "I'm the one that really did choose the coaches and set the season up, but I'd rather eat poison and jump off the roof of this building than do season 3," he says. If only. No show is perfect. "Ultimate Fighter" is back, swinging for a knockout.

- release the bats - 04-16-2006

ultimate fight night was pretty good. rashad evans looks way better now that he dropped weight. bonnar did NOT deserve to win.

this season of TUF is really good so far. ken shamrock looks like a bonehead and im starting to like tito ortiz a lot.

im looking forward to eventually watching tonights ppv. im excited for the arlovski and ortiz matches.

- diceisgod - 04-16-2006

Wow. That fucking stupid russian had it won.

- Gooch - 04-16-2006

diceisgod Wrote:Wow. That fucking stupid russian had it won.

indeed. rubber match will be coming. good fights last night.

Tito over Forrest in a split decision, and Forrest made himself look like gold. Meanwhile Tito had a partially torn ACL and still took the fight. Both look good. Tito now out for at least 3 months

Arlovski loses to Sylvia....mindblowing. Fight #3 will be before the year is out.

- release the bats - 04-17-2006

solid ppv. i didnt know who to root for in the ortiz/griffin match. what a great fight. i was really surprised that arlovski lost too. im kinda pissed that nick diaz lost. i really like him.

- diceisgod - 05-28-2006

Time for joyce to pack it in again. What a major beating

- release the bats - 05-30-2006

yea that was embarrasing. i was cringing when hughes had him in the arm bar.

- Charles Manson - 06-20-2006

I hate josh and I really want to see him get beaten badly. Bisping is a bad mother and he's gonna destroy that fat fuck. I can't wait.

- Charles Manson - 06-21-2006

So nobody watches this shit, eh? I'm rather fascinated by the UFC.

- Gooch - 06-21-2006

i watch it as well. I follow UFC and PRIDE, but tend to only watch the UFC PPVs habitually.

I also read-up at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sherdog.com">http://www.sherdog.com</a><!-- w --> which is a huge forum. you'll find another CDIHer over there too. It makes the old OA.com look like a love-fest.

Rumor is that Josh isn't able to continue due to an injury and that Matt Hamill will replace him (deaf guy). I think Bisping will take out Matt, as well. I like both, though. Rumors can be wrong...but would be quite an interesting fight since both were at odds all season.

- release the bats - 06-21-2006

i'd rather watch matt fight over josh any day. either way i hope bisping wins.

- Charles Manson - 06-21-2006

definitely. Matt-Bisping would be incredible. Josh is a fucking hacker. Every fight he's like "THEY'RE GONNA HAVE TO TAKE ME OUT IN A BODY BAG! MY RETARD KID! BOOHOO!"

- release the bats - 06-24-2006

his kid had cancer. if i was him i would cry like a baby every time i thought about it too. still doesnt make him a talented fighter though. i think bisping is going to destroy him. finals tonight!

- GonzoStyle - 06-24-2006

I'd much rather see the long overdue fight between alkey and arpi.

- Charles Manson - 06-24-2006

take him to the zoo

- Charles Manson - 06-25-2006

Gooch Wrote:i watch it as well. I follow UFC and PRIDE, but tend to only watch the UFC PPVs habitually.

I also read-up at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sherdog.com">http://www.sherdog.com</a><!-- w --> which is a huge forum. you'll find another CDIHer over there too. It makes the old OA.com look like a love-fest.

Rumor is that Josh isn't able to continue due to an injury and that Matt Hamill will replace him (deaf guy). I think Bisping will take out Matt, as well. I like both, though. Rumors can be wrong...but would be quite an interesting fight since both were at odds all season.

Wow. That place is worse than wackbag. 10 harmless posts, banned for life.

But what a great show. Bisping is going to be champ one day.

- release the bats - 06-25-2006

yea he is going to be great. im glad kendall won too.

because the main event was so short, they played deaf matt vs that idiot jesse. im so glad jesse lost. hopefully that was the last chance he gets to prove himself. i really dont like him.

- Charles Manson - 06-25-2006

that post right there gets you banned forever on sherdog

that jesse kid is a real pussy