CDIH
Best hitter in baseball - Not Bonds, Vlad, Soriano, Manny, or Arod - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Best hitter in baseball - Not Bonds, Vlad, Soriano, Manny, or Arod (/showthread.php?tid=6575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Galt - 07-06-2004

When it's all over, Pujols will have Ted Williams / Jimmy Foxx type numbers. He's going to be a .330 career hitter with 500 homers, and that's probably conservative.

If you just multiply his current career numbers by four, and assume only plays 14 seasons (he'd be 35), or more likely he plays a little later, but gets hurt and misses some production....

He'd have a little over 8,000 at bats. Which would put him barely in the top 100 in that category

He'd finish in the top 10 in homers, doubles, and total bases
Top 10 in runs, RBI, and average

Now, it's a little early to annoint him as one of the best ever, but I think only saying he plays to 35 is a bit conservative (that's assuming he's really 24 years old) and those numbers are pretty astounding.

Edited By Galt on 1089137653

- Stoned Again - 07-09-2004

I'd have to say, the funnest hitter to watch is David Ortiz. The way he hunches over the plate and just takes monster swings is exciting. Those guys normally have low avg. with some dinks out of the park, not Ortiz, he hits for power and a respectable average.

Best active, pure hitter with the sweatest swing, I would have to agree with Griffey

::edited for hidious typing skills::

Edited By Stoned Again on 1089399159

- Galt - 07-09-2004

He's a career .290 hitter, who's hitting about .240 this year. How anyone can talk about him having "the sweetest swing" is beyond me.

It might be prettiest, but it's pretty because it's long and swooping. I'd much rather have Helton from the left side, and Pujols is much better from the right.

- diceisgod - 07-10-2004

Tomas Perez

- HedCold - 07-10-2004

ty wigginton

- Keyser Soze - 07-10-2004

the mets should try and get a really solid middle relief pitcher for him and bring up wright.

- GonzoStyle - 07-10-2004

Galt Wrote:He's a career .290 hitter, who's hitting about .240 this year. How anyone can talk about him having "the sweetest swing" is beyond me.

It might be prettiest, but it's pretty because it's long and swooping. I'd much rather have Helton from the left side, and Pujols is much better from the right.
Keep it up and I will lift the no ban rule.

- Galt - 07-10-2004

This is a free country and you have every right to be 100% wrong. I will fight to the death for your right to spout your uneducated and non-sensical opinions.

- Sir O - 07-11-2004

So Bonds just broke the record for most intentional walks in a season...and it's not even the All-Star break yet! He's on pace for about 250 walks, 1.450 OPS and a .620+ OBP, shattering the records he previously set. So far, he's only played in TWO games where he didn't get on base.

Seriously, if anyone mentions someone other than Bonds as the best player in baseball, their argument is automatically dismissed.

- diceisgod - 07-11-2004

Puljos is a great player, but he has a long road before you can ever say he is better or is going to be a better hitter than Bonds. Bonds is the best baseball player to ever play the game.

- Galt - 07-11-2004

I'm glad you are all coming around and agreeing with me that Bonds is the best ever.

- Sir O - 07-11-2004

I didn't say best ever...

- Galt - 07-11-2004

ever.

But I'd take Pujols now

- GonzoStyle - 07-11-2004

best of his generation.

- Bloody Anus - 07-13-2004

Bobby Abreu is the most complete player in baseball right now. He'll join the 40/40 club, drive in 110 and score 120.

As for best hitter, I'll throw in Pudge.. He's not getting enough credit; a 32-year old catcher leading the majors in hitting. He's about to get his 2000th hit, and will shatter Fisk's record by the time he's 35.

And Bonds doesn't even count in these arguments because he's on a completely different level altogether.

- GonzoStyle - 07-13-2004

Miguel Tejada!!!!!!

- Galt - 07-13-2004

I would love to know what he was really saying when they had him on mic and not what that idiot Morgan was translating.

I could have sworn that I heard mierda (shit) and something about gringos (white folk) when he was talking to David Ortiz

- GonzoStyle - 07-13-2004

He was saying a lot of curse words, gringo I'm not sure about but he was cursing up a storm but not in a mean spirited way.

- Sir O - 07-13-2004

I heard him scream out "coño" after pretty much every swing in the first round. I was laughing because if someone like Lance Berkman started saying "cunt" they'd cut his mic immediately...

- Galt - 07-13-2004

Randy Johnson is now on the Red Sox.
Nomar Garciapara is not.