CDIH
MLB Playoff thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: MLB Playoff thread (/showthread.php?tid=7480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Goatweed - 10-22-2003

these fuckin' rain delays might have paid off.

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

Beckett looks like such a pussy, icing up his wittle 23 year old arm. What a pussy. Gimme a pitcher who goes out of the game, puts his feet up, and pops open a cold one.

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

And Boone gets the homer. Nice. This game was so fucking boring till the 8th.

- Goatweed - 10-22-2003

yeah this was a snoozefest.

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

AND WILLIAMS GETS THE FUCKING 3 RUN HOME RUN.

- Goatweed - 10-22-2003

BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!!

- Austin - 10-22-2003

Am I the only one who can't stand what fox is doing with this series?

The people that they are troting out there to sing the national anthem and god bless america are obvious attempts to plug a fox show, not to mention the accidental shots of starts of new fox shows. Gee..wonder how the cast of Skin got tickets for game 1...and why CLAY FUCKING AIKEN is singing the national anthem.

It's not bad enough I need to see a big ad for the next joe millionaire behind giambi while he's batting.. this shit is just getting rediculous.

- Goatweed - 10-22-2003

Quote:...and why CLAY FUCKING AIKEN is singing the national anthem.

cue The Jays posting in this thread any minute now...

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

Quote:CLAY FUCKING AIKEN

1) He's a good singer.
2) His album came out last week.
3) His single is about to go to number 1.

His singing the national anthem is not about promoting Fox shows, because he is no longer on a Fox show. Instead, it is about capitalizing on the sucecces and popularity of Clay Aiken, same were to happen if they had Christian Aguilera, or Justin Timberlake.

- Goatweed - 10-22-2003

well, the fact that he WAS on a Fox show might've had a little something to do with it - they whore out anyone they can.

And thanks - though it took you longer than a minute.

- The Jays - 10-23-2003

How come the Marlins wore pinstripes last night, but are wearing black tonight?

- QuickStop - 10-23-2003

cause they suck. yeah, that must be it.

- Goatweed - 10-23-2003

they have a wacky fashion sense.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-23-2003

weaver is amazing!

- Goatweed - 10-23-2003

amazingly awful - why the fuck did Torre put him in there? Contreras was doing fine.

- Austin - 10-23-2003

He had to pinch hit for contreras. Didnt want to use Mo since he had gone 2 the day before. I understand it. But they shoulda taken him out after the first inning of luck.

- PeterDragon - 10-23-2003

Austin Wrote:He had to pinch hit for contreras. Didnt want to use Mo since he had gone 2 the day before. I understand it. But they shoulda taken him out after the first inning of luck.
He had other options.
I don't buy the "I was looking for Length" argument.
In extra innings, you use bullpen guys first.
you don't use Rivera on the road, because you would still need a closer, but you need to use Hammond, Gabe White, even Heredia before weaver.

- GonzoStyle - 10-24-2003

Soriano gets benched, not a good sign of things to come. Wilson and Garcia are weak. Boones been playin for shit on offense and defense.

we're gettin beat by small ball.

- GonzoStyle - 10-24-2003

so much for david wells big sendoff.

- The Jays - 10-24-2003

For the past couple games, I haven't paid attention to the games until the 7th or so. It is usually at that point that the Yankees fucking destroy the bullpen and the game gets exicting. So, maybe it will resurrect this shitty game.

I was totally fucking lost after the 1st. Soriano and Giambi benched? All of a sudden, Contreas is pitching? Good thing the 1986 episode is on with the Garbage Pail Kids.