CDIH
2004 Baseball Season - Good Stuff - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2004 Baseball Season - Good Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=8844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- GonzoStyle - 08-12-2004

Goatweed Wrote:gee, who didn't saw THAT coming?

edit : oops
I can still revel in the fact that griffey will go to the HOF unlike donnie fuckball.

- Goatweed - 08-12-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:

I can still revel in the fact that griffey will go to the HOF unlike donnie fuckball.
probably - and in a wheelchair.

will they display his leg casts & ACE badages as memorabilia?

- The Jays - 08-14-2004

i'm to sports jinxes like Gonzo is to celebrity deaths

- GonzoStyle - 08-14-2004

Goatweed Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:

probably - and in a wheelchair.

will they display his leg casts & ACE badages as memorabilia?
I don't think they'll have room with the 10 gold gloves.

- GonzoStyle - 09-01-2004

22-0 what the fuck!!!

Javier Vazquez should be fuckin deported and never be allowed to touch a baseball in his life.

On the other side, Ichiro is hitting .463 since the all star break, he's got a great chance to break the hits record.

And the cardinals have the best line-up in baseball.

- The Jays - 09-01-2004

what the fuck, I wake up this morning to this????

- Keyser Soze - 09-01-2004

it could be worse, you could be a Mets fan.

- Galt - 09-01-2004

I'm down by 6 games in my head to head fantasy baseball league. I'm playing the leader right now and the winner of the league wins mucho dinero. My offense has been sick and I'm currently beating him 9-1.

Yeah, Javy Vaquez. Yeah, Manny.

- The Jays - 09-01-2004

Mets pitching doesnt even allow 22 runs in one week, let alone one game.

- HedCold - 09-01-2004

i just check box scores now to see if david wright did anything
i'm sure he'll be on the dl pretty soon though, just because

- Keyser Soze - 09-01-2004

i read metsblog and bitch with the rest of the disgruntled fans.

i am in the playoffs in my fantasy money league. 2 games left and i win (head to head). i traded ichiro for podsednic and craig wilson. i also traded hidlago and cameron for kent. both sound like horrible trades but turned my season around.

- Keyser Soze - 09-02-2004

[Image: post-13-85131-a_blowout2_frt.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

- GonzoStyle - 09-02-2004

Bonds should just give in and go to st, louis, then he'd get pitched to.

San Fran should have gone after Vlad

- GonzoStyle - 09-02-2004

The sad part about Bonds being walked so much if twofold.

One its really shitty for the fans who take their kids to see Bonds play, not just san fran fans but other cities especially. They get to see san fran once in a blue moon and take their kid to see the game and at times they never see bonds even get the bat off his shoulders the whole game. I think its gotten silly at this point walking the guy in the 1st and 3rd inning with one man on.

Secondly we will never know the real numbers he could have put up cause they walk him so much. It's without a doubt he's arguably the best hitter ever or top 3 of all time at the least.

But He has 188 walks this season so far with about 25-30 games to go so he'll get well over 200 and probably like 210-225 walks.

So thats over 200 at bats taken away from him which for most major leaguers is about 35-50% of their apperances depending on the games played and such.

No Bonds the last few years has been at a pretty consistent pace of a Homer every 8 or so at bats, I did the math and this year its 1 homer for every 8.11 ab's, last year was 1 for every 8.67 ab's.

So by the math he could have hit 62 home runs last year, and he could have been at 61 home runs this season with a bunch of games to go.

and who is to say what he would have done with an extra 200 ab's? Naturally everyone gets walked so the numbers aren't exact but still. In those extra say 100 ab's he could have hit 2 home runs or 20 who knows.

But it seriously takes away from the game, the fans and history. Baseball in the end for fans in entertainment, watching bonds stroll to 1st is not entertaining.

I blame the Giants for not bringing someone in to protect him. They're just going to sit on their hands until he retires.

- The Jays - 09-06-2004

Oh my god, the Yankees front office has no soul.

- Keyser Soze - 09-06-2004

What is this fucking little league? A forfeit???

- The Jays - 09-07-2004

yeah baby! get those freebie wins when you can!

- GonzoStyle - 09-07-2004

Yeah its not enough Kevin Brown is like fuckin fine china, now he has to go punching walls.