CDIH
Episode 3 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Episode 3 (/showthread.php?tid=10297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- GonzoStyle - 05-19-2005

you're genius is only surpassed by your genius, crackie.

- diceisgod - 05-19-2005

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.storewars.org/flash/">http://www.storewars.org/flash/</a><!-- m -->

- Keyser Soze - 05-19-2005

dig is right, you can mount an ISO and watch it right from your pc

- diceisgod - 05-19-2005

You don't even need to mount it. It plays on Media Player.

- diceisgod - 05-20-2005

...and as a herion addict, I take great offense at being called a crackie.

- GonzoStyle - 05-20-2005

sorry I lose track of what your drug du jour is, a thousand apologies and all that jazz, fucko.

- LZMF1 - 05-20-2005

gonz.........the nfo file is just an info file you can open it with notepad or you can use this DAMN nfo viewer

Edited By LZMF1 on 1116593217

- GonzoStyle - 05-21-2005

Just got back from the theater, overall it was good there were some amazing scenes and some really bad ones. I can't really get ahold of how I feel cause I just saw it but there was one major let down in the film but I wont spoil it. It was really good though and I am glad I saw it on the big screen because the intro the film has to be seen on the big screen if for nothing else.

- Gooch - 05-21-2005

i'm going tonight....my brothers and i got reserved seating in NYC for 11pm flick. I watched the opening sequence downloaded last night...and thought that sequence was better than most of the other two films (exept for the Yoda fight scene).

- GonzoStyle - 05-21-2005

Yoda sadly gives the best performance in the film, I say sadly since he's a CGI character. He also has some of the best scenes in the film and basically steals most of the film, if you thought he was bad ass in episode 2, you aint seen shit, he finally proves why he is the most powerful jedi master.

- Gooch - 05-22-2005

Lucas is an awful director. And his dialogue sucks ass. Speilberg hands can be seen in some of the action sequences..like the opening and the two end duels. The cuts, angles and pacing as far more sweeping and dynamic in those..not plodding and blah like Lucas's others. The movie, overall, is pretty good, despite it's flaws, including a few oddities. In lieu of the two previous shit stains, this movie at least doesn't descend into muppetry, and has the most action and strongest sequences since Empire.

- GonzoStyle - 05-22-2005

it is without a doubt the most action packed of all the films but the last 10 mins or so kinda were a let down, it was as if he was trying to tie everything up real quick.. I got that feeling throughout several parts of the movie. But still overall it has some good and some bad but the good outweighs the bad in this one.

The acting has always been meh except for a few cases though, mark hamill and hayden christiansen are on par with eachother as far as acting talent. Hamill was just as whiney and childish and in the last film gave a really awful performance and seemed either stiff or high through most of the film.

The continuity factor for acting lies in the obi-wan character, alec guiness gave a masterful performance as did ewan macgregor. Sam Jackson was another one who stunk it up in all 3 films, I gotta say the best performance once again next to ewans was by plapatine/emperor and yoda. Portman did the best with what she had.

The lightsaber duels are second to none of the films, anakin vs obi-wan lived up to the hype and I especially loved the close to the fight and how anakin is beaten not as much by obi wan but of his own arrogance and belief in his all mighty power.

Biggest let down is that you really only get 1 Vader scene and its kind of cheesey, you get another but with no dialouge.

Lucas should have in the end left the job of directing and casting to others much like he did on empire and jedi.

- PatCooper - 05-22-2005

My question is why is princess leia a princess when she was adopted by a senator and his wife? Padme was not a queen when she died. and also why is it that R2 and C3PO in a new hope when they meet Obi for the first time dont remeber him? And they were there for Lukes birth so they would know he had a sister.

- diceisgod - 05-22-2005

i'm going to see this later today. if it's not good i'm gonna throw feces at the screen

Because Leia is adopted by senator Organa and she grows up with no knowlege of padme as her mother, as far as she is concerned she is Princess Leah Organa. Bail Organa is a member of the royal house of alderaan and is royalty as are his children so thats why she is princess leia. She also eventually becomes the youngest elected senator of the galactic empire before its dismantled and then she joins the rebel alliance of which her father (adopted father) is a major player in.

Thats why in episode 4 she sends the message inside R2 to find obi-wan so he would go to alderaan to meet "her father" but the death star destroys the planet of alderaan before he can make it.

As far as the droids, after the scene where luke and leia are broken up senator organa offers to take in leia, once he leaves the room he orders that the droids memories be erased and thats why they have no memory when they meet luke or come back to the skywalker home where young anakin grew up and where 3po was built and where luke lived. though you'd figure lukes uncle would.

My question was always this.

since there can only be 2 sith, the master and the apprentice which is why palpatine convinces anakin to kill dooku because he wants a younger, stronger apprentice.

Vader tells luke that the emperor has forseen the fact that luke will strike him down and that vader will then become the master with luke as his apprentice. was vader really that gullible that he didnt realize the emperor was far superior in strength to vader let alone luke that it was Vader who would be the one to fall.

Also the prophecy was not misread or false, vader eventually does kill the sith lord and brings balance to the force. Luke never defeats the emperor, it is vader who kills the emperor. of course vader took a little while to get there.

Also I didnt like how padme died, she just gave up on life even though she was perfectly healthy, thats so fuckin cheesey. You'd figure even though anakin broke her heart she still had 2 babies on the way. Also the fact that the emperor has anakin believe that it was he who killed her in a jealous fit, yet if he was so strong with the force couldnt he search his feelings for the truth. Naturally the emperor loves it becuase it pushes his hatred to the max and makes him all powerful.

- Gooch - 05-22-2005

Lucas, contradicting himself in the !st film where he made Padme strong, made her weak and pathetic in 3.

The Leia comment of memories of her mother in Return of the Jedi are left awkward and don't follow this storyline of Sith.

Hayden Christinson is not a bad actor at all. Ever see Shattered Glass? The problem is that the script is so devoid of personality to the characters, and Lucas so terrible at drawing out acting as a Director, most of the parts are simply wooden and stilted. That said, I thought he was fine in Sith, despite the horrible romance storyline. Yoda,Palpatine, and Obi Wan are the only ones that shine...b/c they were able to work around it. Ewan Macgregor studied all of Alec Guinesses work, and his own charisma was able to carry his part. Palpatine was the ultimate baddie..and gave him a lot of room to play. Yoda was drawn out on the computer. Younger actors, and even Samuel Jackson, were simply unable to shine or bring anything to the table with the directing and script. That said, at least Mace Windu went out in style...which was nice.

To be fair I guess anakins character is a whiney, complaining, impatient child so in all fairness you're supposed to view him as that I guess. Hamill was the exact same way, especially when he first meets yoda on dagobah. There naturally are contradictions because much like LoTR, Lucas created not only his own world but an entire galaxy with many languages, customes, and races. The story itself is a classic one, it draws from greek tragedy, recent history and he did an amazing job dreaming it all up... he just sucks as a director.

- diceisgod - 05-22-2005

crap!

- TheGMANN - 05-22-2005

I just watched it. Gotta say it wasnt bad.....but it could have been better.

Did anyone catch the the whole story Palpatine was telling Anakin in the theater? About Darth "something/forgot" and how he could manipulate the mediclorines to create life? And how his apprentice killed him after learning all his knowledge? That was the only part of the movie that had me "OH SHIT!" 'cause I NEVER saw that coming. I thought Anakin was just a Jedi who got turned, not that Palpatine planned the whole shit from the beginning. That was the only part of the movie that truly shocked me.