CDIH
The Big Lebowski - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Big Lebowski (/showthread.php?tid=10622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Keyser Soze - 10-13-2005

all adam sandler and chris farley movies are formula movies. they're funny for what they're worth. at least napoleon dynomite was something different.

- lush - 10-13-2005

By different you mean crap, right?

- GonzoStyle - 10-13-2005

yeah the holocaust was different too but it didn't go over well.

Se7en was different, napoleon was crap, what was so special or different about it?

- lush - 10-13-2005

So the equation is: Holocaust = Napoleon Dynamite
Funny to some but not all

exactly

napoleon dynomite was unique, it was kind of like the movie 'slacker' but funnier. i guess its just one of those you either love it or hate it.

GonzoStyle Wrote:yeah the holocaust was different too but it didn't go over well.

Se7en was different, napoleon was crap, what was so special or different about it?
do you have some sort of quota where you need to fit jew, holocaust or hitler into X number of threads daily?

- lush - 10-13-2005

I believe it's 6 million a day

Keyser Soze Wrote:napoleon dynomite was unique, it was kind of like the movie 'slacker' but funnier. i guess its just one of those you either love it or hate it.
so its original by being like another movie.

- Galt - 10-13-2005

But the difference was that Slacker actually included comedy.

Keyser Soze Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:yeah the holocaust was different too but it didn't go over well.

do you have some sort of quota where you need to fit jew, holocaust or hitler into X number of threads daily?
as many as you make cracks about .net or wackbag, daily.

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:

as many as you make cracks about .net or wackbag, daily.
fair enough. we all have our schtick.

- The Sleeper - 10-14-2005

Keyser Soze Wrote:napoleon dynomite was unique, it was kind of like the movie 'slacker' but funnier. i guess its just one of those you either love it or hate it.
ok this gave me the biggest douche chill ever. stop posting

- Keyser Soze - 10-14-2005

go fuck your toilet

- drusilla - 10-14-2005

Galt Wrote:Just some undisputible facts.

Tommy Boy was amazing.
Harold & Kumar was great.
Billy Madison was medicore, but had one amazing amazing scene ("What you've just said was the most insanely idiotic....."
Happy Gilmore was better than Billy Madison.
Napolean Dynamite had nothing good about it. Nothing.
undisputible indeed

she has never seen tommy boy, even though i did get "fat maaan in a littlllllee coaaaaaaat" stuck in her head one night.

well its indisputable, i can't dispute that.

billy madison was 100 times more unique than napoleon dynamite.

billy madison is a lowest common denominator hollywood dick and fart joke comedy. which, i occassionally find enjoyable. but you're a walking douche chill if you thinks its "original"

- GonzoStyle - 10-14-2005

but what was original about napoleon dynamite? it's revenge of the nerd without all the other nerds.

the complete absurdity of billy madison is pretty unmatched in mainstream comedies. napoleon dynamite was just riding the "quirkiness" trend and not doing it very well.