CDIH
CDIH.net Podcast: Episode 8- Live and Let Douche - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: CDIH.net Podcast: Episode 8- Live and Let Douche (/showthread.php?tid=11778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

i think jays uses a combo

- Hoon - 04-26-2006

you mean.. &*%^%^F**RUR(%*(%H*(*H*(.. i'm here. jays 2.0???

- GonzoStyle - 04-26-2006

Goatweed Wrote:I thought it was a headphone/mic combo - that's really what I'm looking to get, so I can use it with games too.

no I like this kind better, I do use a combo one but it didnt sound good, lots of background noise in episode 7 with jays and me. I use the headphones only on the combo and for the mic I use the stand alone USB one, it has a flexible design to it and its a usb so its easy to use, plug it in and you're good. Plus it has a noise reducer.

Hoon Wrote:you mean.. &*%^%^F**RUR(%*(%H*(*H*(.. i'm here. jays 2.0???

that's it, i'm calling him cosmo from now on.

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

comments about it needing editing and some other stuff

1 - the steve miller song faded out because thats how my itunes is set up. i didn't think much of it, especially since theres nothing at the end of the song, but if its a big deal i can play around with that if you like.
also did the sound clips sound to loud? i still have to work out whats good sound levels for my 'line in'

2 - hopefully in the future we can have an actual prepared outline of what to discuss so theres less dead spots. the way i have it all set up with being able to play the music i was hoping that we could just do more shorter shows and get them out right away, so we really wouldn't edit anything.
when i exit skype, it encodes the recordings to mp3 in about a minute and a half to two minutes for each hour. then to upload it seems to take me about 3 minutes to upload for every hour.
so, when we finish to when its up on the server can be as little as like 5-10 minutes, and it'll be even easier if i can set up a script to do the uploading for me (a script i found is whats allowing me to record the skype convo and encode it...huzzah for linux).
then when i get around to it i want to work out the whole xml file thing for itunes/rss feeds - which is already started thanks to keyser - but i also want that xml file to be there for the podcast site content, so i need to figure that out.

so anyway, those are my plans. i have no idea when i'll actually get to the site/xml stuff.

as for the prepared outline stuff, jays seems best at just going/saying things on the fly, so maybe if me and gonzo just work together on that or something, just so i have sound clips or music or other things lined up, it'll be an improvement

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Hoon Wrote:you mean.. &*%^%^F**RUR(%*(%H*(*H*(.. i'm here. jays 2.0???

that's it, i'm calling him cosmo from now on.
watch some episodes of seinfeld first

You sure do grow a pair when you're using your keyboard to talk for you.

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

hedcold 2.0!

version 0.1, baby steps.

- Goatweed - 04-26-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:I thought it was a headphone/mic combo - that's really what I'm looking to get, so I can use it with games too.

no I like this kind better, I do use a combo one but it didnt sound good, lots of background noise in episode 7 with jays and me. I use the headphones only on the combo and for the mic I use the stand alone USB one, it has a flexible design to it and its a usb so its easy to use, plug it in and you're good. Plus it has a noise reducer.

back in the day when I played counterstrike for tens of hours a day, I used to use a shitty mic that came with my (then) Packard Bell PC and I used the speakers to hear what others said. Since then I haven't really bothered with phones/mics for online gaming (other than for the xbox), but a lot of clans that host Enemy Territory skirmishes are almost forcing people to use them, and with some of these ridiculously intricate maps it becomes cumbersome to type out location checks and/or orders.

Basically, I'd like to get a nice set and I've got a $50 BB gift card sitting in my wallet so I thought I'd use it on them, but I don't wanna buy a shitty pair. Plus I'd be able to call into a podcast (since we all know everyone is dying to hear me).

Jays, what set do you use?

I totally missed this post.

Quote:jays seems best at just going/saying things on the fly, so maybe if me and gonzo just work together on that or something

did you just diss me, mr. dead air?

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

nah i didn't mean it that way.
just you're more into planning this shit out than he is, and we haven't actually done that yet, and i want to cut out having to edit, so this might be the easiest way.

so you're saying I am more responsible in preperation, not that I am not as sharp as jays... is that correct commander?

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

sure

I didn't like the tone of your font

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

pounds baby!
o/

- Keyser Soze - 04-26-2006

pieces???
\o

Hedcold is questioning my wit, the audacity!!!

- Keyser Soze - 04-26-2006

you have inspection license?

- HedCold - 04-26-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:Hedcold is questioning my wit, the audacity!!!
we can discuss this later while planning which dane cook joke you're going to use next show