CDIH
New Batman movie, new director, new hope? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: New Batman movie, new director, new hope? (/showthread.php?tid=5110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- LyricalGomez - 02-01-2003

Cam can give me his opinion when he doesn't do collaborations with Mariah Carey and I might care what he has to say.

It's funny how they mention his sales, Nas doesn't care about the sales, that's the funny part. He cares about making good records, if they sell they sell, if they don't they don't.

And since when is going platinum considered weak?

- Kim - 02-01-2003

Who plays the female love interest? lol

- Kim - 02-01-2003

If Em is going to wear that batman costume I'm so there ;-)

- PatCooper - 02-01-2003

I believe the 8 mile soundtrack as gone triple plat. and jay's the gift and the curse double.

Eminem's sales are astronomical, nobody can compare to them.

- GonzoStyle - 02-01-2003

Fuck platinum, his records go diamond.

- The Jays - 02-01-2003

.... I threw away all my platinum cards....... AND I GOT A URANIUM CARD!!!!!!

Do you live by power lines?

Quote:I believe the 8 mile soundtrack as gone triple plat. and jay's the gift and the curse double.

Actually Jay-Z's gift and curse has also gone triple platinum, as has the 8-mile soundtrack.

The eminem show is still selling and almost reached 8 million in sales.

nas God's Son has also gone platinum and is still in the top 10 in the rap charts so his sales aren't that bad.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-01-2003

I don't think we'd have eminem if 2 Pac was still around...I don't think Dre would have found him...

Why not? Dre had already broken ties with Death Row at the time, he and Pac weren't even on speaking terms if I remember correctlly

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-01-2003

I think dre would be too involved with east coast west coast shit to be anywhere near finding someone in detroit...cause from my memory all that was going on at the time in Rap was EC VS WC

More like Death Row vs Bad Boy, and like I said Dre had already started up his own company at the time and had broken all ties with Death Row

Gomez is correct, Dre had nothing to do with the whole EC Vs. WC thing anymore. Plus it mostly was bad boy vs death row, gomez is completely right.

Dre was not on speaking terms with anyone in death row, he had started aftermath records already and wasn't involved in any beefs. To this day whens the last time you remember dre really involved in anything other than making music?

Some people break it down even further to Pac vs Biggie, but that's not quite true either, since Suge did hate Puffy, and if you remember the infamous Source awards where Snoop lashed out at everyone from the east coast.

But Dre was too smart for it, he knew sooner or later Death Row would get him or somebody he knew killed, but the death of his brother really gave him the final push he needed to leave. I'm sure Suge got a sweet deal too, he may be nothing more than a bully, but he knows how to make money. That's when Dre started up Aftermath and declared that Gangsta Rap was dead, which is another reason he and Snoop had a falling out, if you listen to Snoops last cd at DR he says in the intro "To anyone who says Gangsta Rap is dead...FUCK Y'ALL"

Unfortunatly Aftermath didn't exactly take off either, so I'm sure that one way or another Em and Dre would have come together, because Dre was very desperate for talent. Eminem could easily take credit for helping Dre get back into the limelight, and Em's success also proved to Dre that he could still produce hit records which is what led to him finally sitting down and acctually producing the second Chronic album.

- PatCooper - 02-01-2003

Quote:nas God's Son has also gone platinum and is still in the top 10 in the rap charts so his sales aren't that bad.

Pac's better days is also in the top ten on the rap charts one below Nas actually. and Pac hasnt even gone plat yet. I think Nas is a talented artist he's just a little bitch. He starts the beef with Jay. All Jay did was mention his name at summerjam 2 years ago at the end of one of his freestyles. Then Nas gets pissed off and goes on Angie's show and starts killing on Jay. After that Jay made the freestyle killing on Nas. (which was lame). So Nas does ether. Then Nas loses his mom to cancer i think and he starts killing on Cam and Nori. Nas trashes Angie and hot 97 time and time again but right before gods son comes out he's back on Angies show promoting his shit. And squashing all the beef. He should have stood his ground and said fuck the radio i dont need to promote my new albumn. (since people say nas really doesnt care about album sales). But instead apologizes to abgie and to the station and now 97 is nas favorite station again. He acted like a punk and thats why Jay's the better of the two.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, are you getting this revisionist history from Jay-Z?

Do you know why Nas was pissed at Hot 97? Because they were blatantly in Jay's camp rather than stay neutral, in 2001 they let Jay Z perform "Takeover" at their summer concert, but when Nas wanted to perform Ether the following year they snubbed him, that's like a stab in the back from a radio station he used to think was af riendly environment for him. That's when he went to the rival station and blasted them, and if I was him I would have done the same, you stab me in the back? I'll stab you right back by going to your rival.

You seriously are mixing up the facts of this feud. Jay started it all by dropping "Takeover" on the blueprint (not a freestyle at some concert) so in response to that Nas did what nobody expected him to do, he came out with Ether and murdered Jay-Z, sure Jay tried to counter with the weak "Super Ugly", which made him look like a bitch in many people's eyes because rather than attack Nas head on he decided to go after his woman.

Later on when Nas found out that the Summer concert had acctually just been miscommunication and not Hot 97 trying to screw him he did the right thing and apologized to them. That's what a man, not a bitch, does.

That's also why jay-Z is now viewed as garbage by alot of people in the industry, "you traded your soul for riches" was from Ether, it's how alot of people feel, Jay is an amazing rapper, but he doesn't want to be a rapper, he wants to be a buisness man, and that's why in the end Nas is still respected while Jay isn't.

- PatCooper - 02-03-2003

Quote:Later on when Nas found out that the Summer concert had acctually just been miscommunication and not Hot 97 trying to screw him he did the right thing and apologized to them. That's what a man, not a bitch, does.

Miscommunication???????/ Nas wanted to do a fake lynching of J on stage and 97 said no since J was headlining the show. So Nas decided not too preform that night.
Nas was pissed at angie cause she called her show on 97 "the takeover hour" and he thought she was choicing sides with Jay.

- LyricalGomez - 02-03-2003

They wouldn't let him diss Jay but they let Jay diss him one year earlier, what would you think? I think you'd feel like those people were against you.

- Arthur Dent - 02-03-2003

This reminded me. Did anyone else notice that Gotham was so crime ridden, but there were only like 3 black people in the whole film, and one of them was Billy D Williams?