CDIH
Are you awake? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Are you awake? (/showthread.php?tid=1491)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- crx girl - 05-01-2002

i'm having a cheese and marmite sammich

- Metalfan - 05-01-2002

marmite? sounds like a varmint to me

- Hey Ladi - 05-01-2002

Vegimite?

- crx girl - 05-01-2002

it's yummy, and i'm not gonna be awake for a whole lot longer... Confusedleeper:

- Luna - 05-01-2002

Ear mites? What? :clueless:

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-01-2002

I'm supposed to be on my way to work, but my father blew up the toilet and now I gotta wait for the super....watching Maury...man with no face, 400 lb kid and siamese twins....quality programming!

WTF is marmite?

- OAS - 05-01-2002

He blew up the toilet? Now thats funny! And you don't want to know about Marmite. Let's just say it's something that will help you blow up toilets.

- Metalfan - 05-01-2002

Marmoset I thought she said?

Marmite sounds like marmalade....

- Luna - 05-01-2002

Marmaduke? What?

Strippers on Springer....super's here! Woo hoo!!

- Hey Ladi - 05-01-2002

ewwww

Quote:MARMITE is a concentrated yeast extract paste, enjoyed at any time of the day, whether on toast for breakfast, in sandwiches at lunchtime, or as an added ingredient in stews and casseroles.

MARMITE spread is 100% vegetarian, but unlike some vegetarian meals, MARMITE provides an excellent source of vitamin B12. This vitamin helps to prevent anaemia. It also contains a good source of Riboflavin and Niacin as well as an excellent source of Folic Acid. MARMITE is good news for the nation's slimmers.

It contains virtually no fat or sugar. A single 4g serving amounts to only 9kcal/35kJ typical values. Although MARMITE has a salty taste, there is more salt in the bread and butter on which the MARMITE is spread than in the MARMITE itself. MARMITE has a distinctive savoury taste, unlike anything else.

It remains a popular food for all the family loved equally by the toddler of the family through to the Grandpa. Over the years, other companies have taken the basic raw materials used in producing MARMITE and infused its special taste into other products, resulting in such delights as muffins flavoured with MARMITE yeast extract and cheese flavoured with MARMITE yeast extract.

It has it's own Website. Move the mouse over the toast bits, it's pretty funny, they fly up. If you do it fast, it's like they are dancing. :roflmao:

Thanks Ladi! It sounds icky!

- Metalfan - 05-01-2002

Dancing toast, eh? Note to self: adjust Ladi's time in the basement.

- Silera - 05-01-2002

I'm awake, but hungover, and I'll be getting back to bed in a while. I feel accomplished because I've only been up for 40 min and I've already learned something new today. Marmite=Yeast (Well I'm too tired to read the entire article.)

- Hey Ladi - 05-01-2002

Quote:Before 1680

The basic raw material used in the manufacture of MARMITE spread is spent brewer's yeast, a substance whose original and only use was to ferment sugars into alcohol. For many years this by-product of the brewing process was seen as a nuisance rather than a potentially valuble food source.

CRX, do you buy it here? Or have it sent over?

- Hey Ladi - 05-01-2002

Vegemite appears to be the same thing.

Quote:In 1918, the war delayed imports of popular yeast extracts. Walker saw an opening in the market and pounced. Fred enlisted the help of a brilliant young chemist, Dr Cyril P Callister, to work on a yeast extract and a cheese that had a long shelf life. After many attempts, they developed a spread, and Vegemite was born.

Check out the propaganda laden site! They appear entirely tooooo excited about it. :fuggin:

- crx girl - 05-01-2002

bah, you all just fear what you don't know. it's good stuff. i had vegemite once, it's similar, just more mild.

oh, i forgot, yeah, i bought it here they have it at the regular supermarket, the stop n shop by me has an irish/english section (it's very small) but i've seen it in other stores near the spice section. of course it's like $5 for a tiny jar, when i'm visiting home i stop in at sainsbury's and get a big old jar of generic yeast extract :bouncer:

Edited By crx girl on May 01 2002 at 09:45

- crx girl - 05-01-2002

i go sleepyby now sweet dreams every body Confusedleeper:

- IkeaBoy - 05-01-2002

I'm awake now. I was awake until 3:30 and woke up at around 7-ish then time passed and it was 8:50 and now i'm up for the day.