CDIH
Partitions? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Partitions? (/showthread.php?tid=10007)

Pages: 1 2

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

i want an external drive to readable on a mac and on a pc. i know that mac will recognize fat 32 partitions but they suck. will a unix partition work?
i know that a series of scuzzi gags will be forthcoming but please try to include at least 1 salient response.

- Black Lazerus - 01-28-2005

Iomega External 16x10x40x USB 2.0 CD-RW Drive

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

usb sucks too. i have a firewire drive that i want to use on both without putting in a crappy fat 32 partition.

look here
i know that is not what you are looking for but i don't think they sell what you are looking for.

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

fat 32, ugh!

- HedCold - 01-28-2005

i think the easiest way to make it work is you would have to have it hosted by the mac or pc, and then make it readable over the network
i'm sure there are complicated hacks for it though, no idea about any of them

- LZMF1 - 01-28-2005

NTFS is the way to go but it isn't MAC

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

LZMF1 Wrote:NTFS is the way to go but it isn't MAC
which would make your post completely pointless and moronic.

what is your issue with usb drives?

and will THIS help?

Edited By Black Lazerus on 1106953404

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

see, the thread title is ,"partitions", not "usb cables".

let me explain it one more time for those of you with the reading comprehension of a mule. i HAVE a firewire drive.
i want to be able to use it on both a PC and a mac. the only way that i know of to do this is to give the drive a fat32 partition since mac can see a fat 32 partition. i hate fat32. i wanted to know if anybody knew of another way to make the drive readable on both systems.
i do not need usb advice, i do not need to know about your love of NTFS, i do not need to know about your opinion of Iomega drives.

in fact, i withdraw my question. forget it.

Arpikarhu Wrote:see, the thread title is ,"partitions", not "usb cables".

let me explain it one more time for those of you with the reading comprehension of a mule. i HAVE a firewire drive.
i want to be able to use it on both a PC and a mac. the only way that i know of to do this is to give the drive a fat32 partition since mac can see a fat 32 partition. i hate fat32. i wanted to know if anybody knew of another way to make the drive readable on both systems.
i do not need usb advice, i do not need to know about your love of NTFS, i do not need to know about your opinion of Iomega drives.

in fact, i withdraw my question. forget it.
Quote:i want <s>an</s> my external drive to be readable on a mac and on <s>a</s> my pc. i know that mac will recognize fat 32 partitions but they suck. will a unix partition work?
i know that a series of scuzzi gags will be forthcoming but please try to include at least 1 salient response.

if you would have phrased your question in that manner maybe you would have had your question answered to your satisfaction. fucking asshole

Edited By Black Lazerus on 1106954133

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

if you could read with at least a 5 year olds comprehension then then we could have avoided this problem as well. in my original post i specifically ask about partitions not about any of the other nonsense you have been spouting.

- The Jays - 01-28-2005

I eat my own poo.

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

no surprise there

Arpikarhu Wrote:if you could read with at least a 5 year olds comprehension then then we could have avoided this problem as well. in my original post i specifically ask about partitions not about any of the other nonsense you have been spouting.
bah well i guess you will never know...... fool

next time make you post a little more concise, so us poor idiots that are looking to help you with your problem can comprehend.

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

i will know cause i talked to someone who knew how to do it. so, PPPHHPPHHHTTHHHHHH!

as to my post, i will give you another opportunity to read it and see that it asks about partitions. nothing else. if i made it anymore concise i would have to drug you and plant it in your vaccuum packed head as a post hypnotic suggestion.

Quote:i want an external drive to readable

yeah that makes sense.

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

if that mistake made it so impossible to understand then why did you make any response at all?

you are just nitpicking now cause you realize what an idiot you have been.
move on.

no you are correct you intentions couldn't be misconstrued at all i forgot you don't make mistakes galt my bad.

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2005

even weaker. i make plenty of mistakes, just not in this instance, pal.

the galt remark was low one , by the way.