CDIH
It's our time - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: It's our time (/showthread.php?tid=10020)

Pages: 1 2

- diceisgod - 01-31-2005

Quote:As the city celebrates and the Birds prepare the first of what will hopefully be many Super Bowls in the Reid-McNabb era, I think it's appropriate to, remember all those past Eagles from our lifetime who never got a chance to play in this game but sure made their mark and helped
make Eagle football and Eagles Fans what we are on this glorious day. So without further adieu... Who Is This One For?

This one's for Randall "Let Me be Me" and his Ugly Flap, because he was Mike Vick and Donnie Mac before there was Mike Vick and Donnie Mac.

This one's for Ricky "For Who, For What" Watters, who gave Gruden the finger long before Chucky broke our hearts, and who refused to go over the middle long before Pinky "lost it in the lights."

This one's for Buddy's Boys " "the Greatest D ever assembled" Clyde, Seth, 'DreWaters, Wes Hopkins, Byron Evans, Mike Pitts, Izel "Toast" Jenkins, Mike Golic, Eric Allen, Ben Smith, and especially 1, 2, 3 J.B. #99. Bring it Home for Jerome.

This one's for the late, great Minister of Defense, who won a Super Bowl in Green Bay, but deserved one in Philly. We know he's smiling down on Philly's faithful today.

This one's for The Bounty Bowl, the Fog Bowl, the Body Bag Game, the Inch that Stole Christmas, 4th & 26th and all the other classics over the years.

This one's for Arkansas Fred Barnett and Calvin Williams, Chris T. Jones, Freddie Solomon, and Irving Fryar. It ain't, however, for James Thrash, Charles Johnson or Torrance Small. Sorry boys.

This one's for Mike Mamula and his half-a-sack, Mike Mcmillan and all 5 foot 9 of him, Richie the K and his laminated sheet, the Doug Pederson Era, and Tommy Hutton who bobbled the snap on Monday Night in Dallas.

This one's for Willie T, and Mike Zordich, two guys who could've played for Jim Johnson's defense any day. This one's for Guy McIntyre, only because he is forever Lou Tilly's "Guy in the Room."

This one's for Stan Walters and Merrill, who proclaimed it Groundhog Day in December because "They give it to Smith and they stopped him AGAIN!!!"

This one's for, Tony Bruno, Tom Brookshire, G Cobb, The Cuz, Big Daddy Graham, Angelo, Arson Arnie and the rest of the Dirty 30 who always brightened the Monday morning drive because you knew someone was out there who shared your pain.

And it's even for Wolfman Eskin, and his "Stone Cold Mortal Locks", always there to infuriate you on the ride home.

This one's for Al Morganti, who created Wing Bowl and gave us something to talk about, care about and laugh about before all those Super Bowls the Eagles weren't in.

This one's for Herm Edwards, who gave us "The Miracle at the Meadowlands."

This one's for Vai Sikahema punching the goalposts and the ageless wisdom of B-Mitch.

This one's for Bobby Hoying, who was Ben Roethlisberger before there was Ben Roethlisberger.

This one's for "Who Framed" Roger Ruzek, Gary Anderson, and Chris Boniol, none of whom would stand a chance against David Akers in a street fight.

This one's for Lester Holmes, Antoine Davis and all the other draft busts that we'd like to forget.

This one's for Bobby T and Troy V, who left just a little too soon but paved the way for Lito and Sheldon.

It's not for Al Harris, who's still committing pass interference somewhere in Green Bay.

This one's for Damon Moore, who chased and finally caught Ron Dixon at the 4-yard line as the Giants tried, but failed, to pull an 80-yard hook and ladder to prevent us from winning the division for the first time in decades.

This one's for Brandon Whiting, who went to San Francisco in exchange for some guy named Owens.

This one's for Duce, who, thankfully, took the Championship jinx with him across the state to Pittsburgh.

This one's for the endless chants of DALLAS SUCKS, DALLAS SUCKS!!!

But lastly, most of all, this one is for all the Philly Faithful of Eagles Nation who've invested their blood, sweat, cheers and tears into this team and never stopped believing that one day, some day, THIS DAY would arrive. How sweet it is!!!

- Gooch - 01-31-2005

GO New England. I can't wait for the dynasty to eradicate the dreams of the Philly "faithful".

- Rooner - 01-31-2005

I hate the Eagles. Loathe them. All my family and all my friends are part of the faithful. I have watched them crush my beloved Skins the past few years. But this time, I make an acception. For my friends. For my family. For my area. As much as it pains me to say this. Go Birds. If it cant be the Skins, let it be one of the beasts from the NFC East. Philly needs this win.

- Galt - 01-31-2005

this is a complete ripoff of the SonsofSamHorn.com before the world series. And a poor, negative one at that.

- fbd - 01-31-2005

this hurts to type. actual physical pain, but...go pats.

no team with fans who boo santa deserves to ever win a superbowl

- HollywoodJewMoses - 01-31-2005

first off this was probably one of the worst threads ever on the eagles message board.

second off, galt is right to a certain degree. the "Win it for..." thread from SOSH was probably one of the most incredible threads in history of the galaxy. they are even taking all of the posts from it and turning it into a book. most of the dedications were to family members and tear jerking bullknuckle like that though, not to scrubs like Brandon Whiting.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 01-31-2005

but go eagles!!!

one.

- Rooner - 01-31-2005

fbdlingfrg Wrote:this hurts to type. actual physical pain, but...go pats.

no team with fans who boo santa deserves to ever win a superbowl
Thats one think I actually like about Philly, they say and do what they want, when they want, without fear. They take pride in the stadium courtrooms, D batteries, snowballs, and opposing fan beatings. Thats passion. You have to respect that. I like that these psychos are all around me. You know what youre dealing with, they dont hide anything to be politically correct.

- Galt - 01-31-2005

I obviously hope the Pats win. But it's funny that the Pats are becoming the Yankees of the team that always wins and always gets every break, and people start to dislike them because of it. Yet die-hard Pats/Sox fans would never admit to that parallel.

I also love how the Pats and their fans talk about "not getting respect" and blah blah blah. They were favored in every single game this year. Every single one. Even away against a team that already beat them. Every article I've seen is how the Eagles can't possibly compete and Brady has already been handed his 3rd Superbowl MVP and his bust in Canton.

It really wouldn't bother me if the Pats lose.

- Arpikarhu - 01-31-2005

i despise both philly and new england. i find myself rooting for the eagles though.

- diceisgod - 02-01-2005

It's a must that Philly make them play from behind. Need to strike early and often and then pray the defense can make a play or at least hold them. If Philly plays from behind I see it being a very long painful game.

- The Sleeper - 02-01-2005

The Pats will win because Tom Brady is a robot who saves his one mistake of the season for a meaningless game against the dolphins

- Keyser Soze - 02-01-2005

ninja zombie robot?

- Galt - 02-01-2005

You can check the archives I've had a hardon for Brady since '01, even before the playoffs.

- Keyser Soze - 02-01-2005

he's fucking that chick from the recruit.

I came across this funny exchange from 2 years ago

Quote:Teenweek

Posted: Jan. 07 2003,2:34 pm DELETE EDIT QUOTE
Vick and Pennington are the future of the NFL. Tom Brady is a one year wonder. Pennington is god. And Kerry Collins is a lot better than people give him credit for.

HollywoodFreddieMitchell

Posted: Jan. 07 2003,2:37 pm DELETE EDIT QUOTE
i bet you TeenWeek was an Akili Smith fan

Quote:The Sleeper Posted: Jan. 20 2002,4:25 am DELETE EDIT QUOTE
A rule is a rule baby, I was rootin for the pats so I was very happy about that. And Tom Brady is for real!

- Sir O - 02-01-2005

Teenweek was always a fucking idiot.

I agree with him about Kerry Collins though

- Sir O - 02-01-2005

So do I...