CDIH
Best stanley cup games - Which game is the best game you ever saw - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Best stanley cup games - Which game is the best game you ever saw (/showthread.php?tid=1008)

- 112-1014160832 - 03-29-2002

On ESPN the other night, they had a segment about the best Stanley Cup games since 1993. Number one was Game 7 of the Rangers/Canucks in 1994. I think the best game I ever saw was Game 7 of the Rangers/Devils series in 1994. What does everybody else think? MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU!

- Sean Cold - 03-29-2002

See, we have a seperate forum here for sports and oddly enough, we call it the ......psssst.....Sports Center.

- Sean Cold - 03-29-2002

Oh, and I personally enjoyed Game 5 of the Devils/Rangers series with the Graves wrap around double ot winner. Wow, thats like deja vu for Jersey.

- Kid Afrika - 03-29-2002

Leading by example, eh big guy? :lol:

EDIT!!!

what is this edit you speak of?

Edited By Sean Cold on Mar. 28 2002 at 9:22

- Sean Cold - 03-29-2002

Kid Afrika Wrote:Leading by example, eh big guy? :lol:
What the fuck is a brother man like yourself doing posting in a Hockey thread anyway? They don't have no nubian ice damn it!

Oh, and a FTNI [For The Nigga's Info], the first post was an auto one for moving this here thread from the music section. You see, the mod menu lkets you do that.....damn to easy.

Fine, you are correct sir, I suck.

Edited By Sean Cold on Mar. 28 2002 at 9:26

- Kid Afrika - 03-29-2002

easy killa.

you think I remember what the mod control panel looks like? let alone, did?

- Sloatsburgh - 03-29-2002

Kid Afrika Wrote:easy killa.

you think I remember what the mod control panel looks like? let alone, did?
I was wondering why a black man was posting in a hockey thread.....

Game 1, Buffalo Dallas.

Best playoff game: Hasek vs Broduer.

- lent - 03-29-2002

Yep. Another brother talking about hockey.

The best has to be game 7 NYR/VAN.
Game 6 of the 94 East conf finals was second
I also stayed up for the triple overtime game vs. Fla and Col in 96.

- Faceman - 03-29-2002

The Rangers/Devils in 94 with the winning call of "matteau, matteau, stephen matteau" is the best hockey game I've seen just because of the drama.

I don't know what year it was, but the Isles/Caps game that went into 4 ots if I remember correctly,was another great hockey game. It ended with Pat Lafontaine wristing a puck past the goalie at about 3:30 am. A truly classic game

- crx girl - 03-30-2002

one of the first games i ever watched was i guess it must've been 96, penguins, and it went to like 5 overtimes or something, god that was a long night :blow:

- LZMF1 - 03-30-2002

such irony, jason arnott scores the cup winning goal in dallas and now he's playing for them.

for me that game was f'n great!

- ziggy - 03-30-2002

Quote:I also stayed up for the triple overtime game vs. Fla and Col in 96.
Me too! Great fucking game, I can't believe it was #10 on the ESPN list.
Quote:I don't know what year it was, but the Isles/Caps game that went into 4 ots if I remember correctly,was another great hockey game. It ended with Pat Lafontaine wristing a puck past the goalie at about 3:30 am. A truly classic game
The Easter Epic, started Saturday night before Easter, ended early Easter Sunday. That one was an incredible game, taped it off of Classic Sports a while back. Kelly Hrudey made something like 70 saves that night/morning, incredible.
I'd also have to go with the Wings-Kings game 4 from last year's first round - the Stunner at Staples. Down 3-0 with 7:00 to play in the third, the Kings get 3, including the last with 51 seconds left, and win it in overtime, taking momentum and eventually winning the series 4-2 with 4 straight wins. Unfortunately, I didn't stay up for that one, but fortunately, nhl.com has a broadband section that includes the entire 3rd period and OT from the game, so I have watched it.

- Tequila - 03-31-2002

Ziggy how could you forget the 93' series against Pittsburgh. Game 7 of the second round triple OT King scored from the point at 1:30AM to knock the defending champs out of the playoffs. That only lead to the Isles losing in 5 games to montreal who eventually won the cup that year. It was also the last time there was a Patrick Division, because of Re-Alignment.

- ziggy - 03-31-2002

Teq, good point, but wrong goal scorer - it was David Volek, from Ray Ferarro. That was a great game though, the entire playoff run was amazing... especially since before this year it was the last time the Isles were any good :p

- Flock of Moosen - 04-07-2002

As much as this game tore my heart out, Game 7 of the 1994 Rangers-Devils playoff game was one of the best I'd ever seen.

The Rangers pretty much dominate the whole game and then with around 7 seconds left in the 3rd period the Devils score to tie it. It then took 2 OT's (thanks Sean) to finally end it.

It was heartbreaking, but clearly one of the most exciting games ever in NHL playoff history.

- sblueman - 04-08-2002

Had to be game 6 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals vs the Rangers and Devils. The Rangers were down 3-2 in the series, were just spanked at home 6-3 in game 5, had some injuries and were on the road. I just rememeber thinking the season was over and there was no chance especially with the way the Rangers were hurting. Then Messier delivers a hat trick in the 4-2 win and gives all the Ranger fans hope that there was a chance at still going all the way.

- Keyser Soze - 04-09-2002

Welcome to the board sBlueman, long live the SU.