CDIH
EZ Pass - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: EZ Pass (/showthread.php?tid=10112)

Pages: 1 2

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-23-2005

So I know alot of you live in NJ. And most of those who don't are in NY so here's a question. Have you ever recieved a speeding ticket for going too fast BETWEEN toll booths...for example you get on the Turnpike and drive to the bridge speeding the whole way but not getting caught by a cop and then you go through another ezpass booth...has anyone ever gotten a ticket from doing that?

**it's for a report I'm doin for school about government surveilance. I just wanted to know if it was something they actually did or if it was just rumor.

- Keyser Soze - 02-23-2005

nope, i think its an urban legend.

- Ronin - 02-23-2005

i have also heard that.. but it wasn't for ezpass but for some other ticket system in another state.

- Arpikarhu - 02-23-2005

if its true then i am fucked

- Galt - 02-23-2005

I believe it is true. It hasn't happened to me, but I'm almost positive that someone told me that they got a ticket that way a few years back in Boston.

I'd just call up the various turnpike authorities and confirm it

- HedCold - 02-23-2005

never heard of it actually happening

- Sir O - 02-23-2005

Yeah, I've heard this, but I doubt it's true.

- Mad - 02-23-2005

If the assholes who run those programs could figure out a way to do it, it would be in place already. As an additional stream of resources for money hungry do nothings, they'd be all for it.

- HedCold - 02-23-2005

i know there was something a few years ago where car rental companies would track drivers of theirs cars with gps i think, and fine them for going to fast

- Galt - 02-23-2005

the more I think about it, the less I think it's real. Sure, EZpass would get a lot of ticket revenue, but eventually people would just stop using EZpass and go back to paper tickets if they were getting fined $150 a month in tickets. So then the transit authority would lose all of the efficiencies and cost savings from having the system.

Additionally, they could have done the same thing with paper tickets. You get a ticket, it's encoded with a time. You give the ticket back at the next toll, they should be able to fine you.

Probably not real.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-23-2005

in boston its called fastlane!

- Tequila - 02-23-2005

Galt Wrote:I believe it is true. It hasn't happened to me, but I'm almost positive that someone told me that they got a ticket that way a few years back in Boston.

I'd just call up the various turnpike authorities and confirm it
Did you hear it from a former lover?

- diceisgod - 02-23-2005

EZ Pass does not work in my area. Every exit I get off theres a huge bottleneck and endless lines of people waiting to get through the expass lanes. I use the tickets and go right by those fools everyday.

- Arpikarhu - 02-23-2005

ezpass rules!

- diceisgod - 02-24-2005

i think it only works for overpaid jews

- Arpikarhu - 02-24-2005

as long as i got mine!

- Keyser Soze - 02-24-2005

i can say pretty confidently that its not in place in NJ, otherwise id have quite a few fines already.

- HedCold - 02-24-2005

i still don't get why there are people in jersey who don't have it. do they like waiting in lines?

- Keyser Soze - 02-24-2005

i cant imagine not having ezpass

- lush - 02-24-2005

I know they give you a warning for speeding. If you exceed the number of times they allow you, they can take away your pass.