CDIH
Mets Suicide Hotline Thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Mets Suicide Hotline Thread (/showthread.php?tid=10225)

- Keyser Soze - 04-09-2005

Heres some optimism found by an eternal realist (myself)...

"Randolph insisted he was neither stunned nor numb. He has, after all, been on this ledge before. The view then was hardly pretty, but he knew the fog would eventually clear. The sky wasn't falling, there was no reason to duck.

The Yankees were winless in their first three games, losing two at Anaheim, another at Oakland, to the aggregate score of 21-5. Somewhere The Boss must have been huffing and puffing, maybe even sharpening his ax.

The year was 1998, and wise baseball fans remember not that inglorious start, but the merciless, orgiastic finish. For that is when the Yankees won 114 regular-season games, 125 total, swept the Padres in the World Series and earned sculptures in the pantheon of the greatest teams ever. "

These guys aren't the 98 Yankees, but its something to cling to, which you need when you're hanging off the edge of a cliff.

- The Jays - 04-09-2005

If that's all you have to cling to, then, wow, I'm really, realy sorry for the Mets, man.

- Goatweed - 04-09-2005

Ruben hit a sweet bomb today [Image: yes.gif]

- Arpikarhu - 04-10-2005

as a life long met hater , i feel joy.

as a fan of willie randolph, i feel sorrow.

it pisses me off that randolph took the job because now i am very conflicted in regards to the mets.

- Goatweed - 04-10-2005

I think Willie will be ok, and I really do think they'll end up having a decent season overall. The press is really making this worse than it is, as I'm sure they'd do if it were the Yankees who were scoreless a week into the season.

- The Jays - 04-10-2005

the one thing I like about the Mets is hearing about how Keitn Hernadez was smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer in the manager's office when Buckner fucked the play.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-10-2005

0-5

- HedCold - 04-10-2005

so this is what its like to have that pitcher you know is going to go out and stop a losing streak? pretty nice

- The Jays - 04-11-2005

next, they have to learn that you can't go 1-5 every week and expect to make the playoffs.

- Galt - 04-11-2005

Wright should be batting second. Or at least ahead of Meinkeweitz

- TheGMANN - 04-11-2005

2-5

LETS GO WINNING STREAK!!!

- HedCold - 04-11-2005

Galt Wrote:Wright should be batting second. Or at least ahead of Meinkeweitz
they'll eventually have to do something if matsui and reyes keep striking out alot and not drawing walks. i think wright might be to double play prone right now though

- Keyser Soze - 04-12-2005

for all the shit matsui has been taking i think he actually leads the team with 8 RBIs right now. he had a spectacular bunt he beat out at first that scored a run and sparked the 8th inning rally that secured the win.

- TheGMANN - 04-12-2005

Met fans everywhere today went "Thank you John Franco, thank you!"

john franco just worked himself back into the hearts of met fans. i knew it was you franco, i knew it was you.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-12-2005

that barehanded play by reyes was fucking incredible.

willieball!

- TheGMANN - 04-14-2005

3 IN A ROW!

- Keyser Soze - 04-16-2005

6 IN A ROW!!!