CDIH
:sadface: - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: :sadface: (/showthread.php?tid=10246)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 04-16-2005

Quote:NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Yankees are close to reaching an agreement with city and state governments to build a new stadium, the Daily News reported Saturday.

Citing unnamed sources, the newspaper reported that lawyers from the city, state and team are completing a ``memorandum of understanding'' and that an announcement is expected around May 1.

While government and team officials did not comment directly about plans or the pending agreement, the newspaper said they did confirm that they are in the final stages.

ADVERTISEMENT

``We're working very closely with the city and the state and trying to finalize our current plan,'' Yankees president Randy Levine told the Daily News. ``We expect to announce it in the near future, and we hope to break ground in 2006 and be ready to play in 2009.''

The new stadium will be built just north of the existing facility in the Bronx, and is designed to seat 50,800. That's smaller than the current capacity of 57,478, but the new ballpark will have more luxury suites.

The newspaper, citing officials familiar with the plans, reported that the new stadium will be comprised of two separate structures: an exterior wall, designed to replicate the original Yankee Stadium built in 1923, and the interior stadium itself.

The stadium construction will cost approximately $800 million and will be fully paid for by the team. The city and state will spend $300 million to build a new commuter rail station, improve parking, and create parkland along the nearby waterfront.

The new stadium will feature copper lattice work around its roof, much like the 1923 stadium. The new facility will also have expanded retail and concession areas.

I've never been to yankee stadium, now i'll never get to see it!!! much like the fact I had never been to the world trade center, them usama had to go ruin that shit for me.

I better go visit the statue of liberty while I got a chance.

- The Sleeper - 04-16-2005

you should probably go while you have a chance

- fbd - 04-16-2005

but 2009 is so soon, he'll never make it...

so yankees are getting a new place, jets are, giants signed their deal the other day, nets are moving, devils are going to newark...why did the area suddenly get a million new venues?

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-16-2005

This is bullshit. Yankee Sadium is one of the oldest stadiums around and is like a historical landmark or something like that. It should remain the same.

The Sleeper Wrote:you should probably go while you have a chance
atleast I got to see your infamous crooked floor before you moved, my life is not as incomplete after all.

- Buttmunch - 04-16-2005

You saw my place before I moved too.

This is true, I have also seen tankgrrls ass and froys penis, my life is complete!!!

- fbd - 04-16-2005

yet you've never seen your own son's face

and whose fault is that mister i'm gonna come out when I get my drivers license and then I got my drivers license but I never came out because I think all of you are really weird and creepy old people who really need to try and make friends without the assistance of anonimity that the internet provides hence negating rejection by others due to our hideous apperances and the fact that if we ever met in person you wouldn't piss on me if I was burning.

- fbd - 04-16-2005

mine. completely mine.

- GonzoStyle - 04-17-2005

Let that be a lesson

- fbd - 04-17-2005

uh...ok

what did i learn?

- GonzoStyle - 04-17-2005

That we all would have mocked and belittled you if you ever came out and gave you an even worse case of insecuirty that may have caused your suicide.

- Arpikarhu - 04-17-2005

the fact that gonzo lives in this city and has never been to any of its landmarks is more proof that he has become like that woman who laid on her couch so long that her skin grew into the couch.

way to grab life by the balls and make the world your own!

- GonzoStyle - 04-18-2005

I live in brooklyn, I hate the other boroughs... well the bronx is ok but the rest really suck and going around staring at buildings really doesn't translate as grabbing life by the balls for me. I get to see the manhattan skyline everyday on the way to work, thats enough for me.

- Goatweed - 04-18-2005

Gonzo Wrote:I hate the other boroughs...
Sad

- crx girl - 04-18-2005

Quote:going around staring at buildings really doesn't translate as grabbing life by the balls for me
you could try actually going to a game.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-18-2005

yes, i agree.

- GonzoStyle - 04-18-2005

not for nothing as much as I love the yanks and baseball, I can't go through an entire 9 inning game, boxing and basketball I can do but I don't think I can go through an entire baseball game unless it was a really special match up.

- fbd - 04-18-2005

so buy bleacher seats to a redsocks game?

i lhate baseball, and i've been to yankee stadium multiple times