CDIH
A far fetched conspiracy against Sony... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A far fetched conspiracy against Sony... (/showthread.php?tid=10273)

- Jack - 05-01-2005

Ok..

This might be a little bit long winded, but I believe that I have uncovered a conspiracy. I believe that Nintendo and Microsoft have teamed up to overtake Sony in the console market with the next generation launch.

Here is why I think so:

The original Gamecube was designed around a processor that was built by IBM and a graphics chipset that was built by ATI.

The original Xbox featured an Intel based processor with an Nvidia graphics chipset.

It has been announced now that Microsoft will be using a processor built by IBM for the next XBox, and that it will feature a graphics chipset by none other than ATI. Nintendo has announced the same.

The next clue that helped to fuel this notion is that Microsoft bought Rare. Rare for the longest time has been a Nintendo Partner. For them to just uproot and go with Microsoft seemed just a bit odd.

Delving further into the madness, we see that Microsoft has allowed some of its franchise games (Oddworld anybody?) to be developed for the Gameboy. Why would Microsoft allow this to happen?

Then, the final clue came into place this past week for me.

Nintendo, long ago, announced that its next generation console system was codenamed Revolution. Thus far, that is all that is known about the system. No specs have been released, no company has reported Dev Kits available for the system, its all a mystery thus far.

THEN... a report that thus far seems to be true, has pegged the name of the next XBox as XBox 360. We all know what a 360 is... 1 Revolution.

I am hoping that this is actually all true as I would like to see Sony actually have some competition in the next generation console war.

- HedCold - 05-01-2005

the xbox is using the powerpc processor like macs use

- fbd - 05-01-2005

Quote:The original Gamecube was designed around a processor that was built by IBM and a graphics chipset that was built by ATI.

The original Xbox featured an Intel based processor with an Nvidia graphics chipset.

It has been announced now that Microsoft will be using a processor built by IBM for the next XBox, and that it will feature a graphics chipset by none other than ATI. Nintendo has announced the same.
Maybe microsoft wants the smooth cartoony feel for their next system. cube's graphics are different(not better, not worse, just different) than the other two, and microsoft might want that feel.
Quote:The next clue that helped to fuel this notion is that Microsoft bought Rare. Rare for the longest time has been a Nintendo Partner. For them to just uproot and go with Microsoft seemed just a bit odd.
money. microsoft has it, nintendo doesnt have as much
Quote:Delving further into the madness, we see that Microsoft has allowed some of its franchise games (Oddworld anybody?) to be developed for the Gameboy. Why would Microsoft allow this to happen?
handheld games are different. they are usually smaller in length and not as detaled, so they dont compete much with the console systems, mainly with each other. microsoft doesnt have a handheld system, so why would it hurt them to allow their franchises to go to gameboy? if anything, it makes more fans who you can convince to buy an x-box now
Quote:Nintendo, long ago, announced that its next generation console system was codenamed Revolution. Thus far, that is all that is known about the system. No specs have been released, no company has reported Dev Kits available for the system, its all a mystery thus far.

THEN... a report that thus far seems to be true, has pegged the name of the next XBox as XBox 360. We all know what a 360 is... 1 Revolution
you need to calm down. they are two different systems, nintendo is just behind like always. ever since halfway through the run of the snes, nintendo has been a step or two behind the rest of the console market, so it makes sense that theirs will come out a year after the rest like always. the name thing is just a coincidence

- Goatweed - 05-01-2005

I think you're reading into a lot of stuff way too deeply - though I'm impressed with what you came up with.

I don't see MS & Mario merging, but I do see MS eventually buying out Nintendo in the future (or Sony, but in reality Sony needs neither the software or the hardware that Nintendo would give them). Nintendo is still saying that online gaming is "just a fad" and that theyr not really looking to support it much - and MS is all about online so that kinda kills your theory.

Nice try, tho - you should start a website & spam the fanboy forums - you'll be famous within a week.

- The Jays - 05-01-2005

holy shit, you dorks have conspiracies?

- Keyser Soze - 05-02-2005

xbox was a great console because it was so moddable. playstation is just a great game console.