CDIH
Is Bernie Williams a Hall of Famer? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Is Bernie Williams a Hall of Famer? (/showthread.php?tid=10276)

Pages: 1 2

- The Jays - 05-01-2005

Is he?

- The Sleeper - 05-01-2005

no chance

- Arpikarhu - 05-01-2005

if donnie baseball isnt, then bernie aint either.

- GonzoStyle - 05-01-2005

Donnie Fuckball is amazingly overrated and doesn't deserve it and neither does Bernie. Bernie is a good player who had a couple great years including winning a batting title a few years ago, he obviously has the rings but he's not hall of fame material.

- Gooch - 05-01-2005

not even a second of contiplation on that one.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 05-02-2005

I'd say no to the Hall...but I'd be in favor of the Yanks retiring his number...he played most of his career there and did some great things with the organization. Him, Jeter, Rivera...those are the next three numbers to get hung up in Memorial park.

- Goatweed - 05-02-2005

Quote:if donnie baseball isnt, then bernie aint either.

agreed

Quote:Donnie Fuckball is amazingly overrated and doesn't deserve it

disagreed

- GonzoStyle - 05-02-2005

Donnie is a fuckin fuckface fucko fuck and he steals popcorn from children

- Goatweed - 05-02-2005

he asked before he took some - check the video!!!!

- Keyser Soze - 05-02-2005

better question...is jeter a hall of famer? he doesnt have the numbers but he's got the "intangibles"

- GonzoStyle - 05-02-2005

As if today of course Jeter is not a HOF'er but he's well on pace to be one. In 9 full seasons he's already closing in on 2,000 hits, he's got a lifetime BA of 315, he'll finish up with well over 3,000 hits, 300 homers, over 300 BA along with all his rings and his "intangibles" for a SS thats more than enough.

- Galt - 05-03-2005

I think this thread is the first time anyone has ever mentioned Bernie Williams and Hall of Fame in the same breath.

- Keyser Soze - 05-03-2005

but bernie has as good if not better numbers than jeter. bernie hit 20-30 homers, batted .300 or better, and hit 90+ RBIs for 8 straight seasons. jeter has only hit more than 84 rbis once and doesnt have nearly as much power as bernie, his best season was for 24 dinger.

my point isnt that Jeter isnt a HOF but if he is, Bernie has to be. numbers-wise, Bernie is offensively better than Derek. you'd have to really put a lot of stock into the "intangibles" and how Jeter is view as this darling of baseball to put him so far above Bernie.

- GonzoStyle - 05-03-2005

apples an oranges, bernie is an outfielder and jeter is a short stop. Bernie is barely over 2,000 hits and under 300 homers, he's a career .300 hitter and was never a terribly powerful center fielder. Jeter like I said is on pace to end up closer to 3,500 hits and 300+ homers and will end up a career .310 - .320 hitter. If given the opportunity in the line up of course jeter could drive in as many if not more RBI's and as he gets older he will develop much more plate discipline which he already has and isnt chasing that inside fastball as much anymore.

That is of course what he's on pace for, Griffey was on pace to destroy aarons record and look where he is now.

- HedCold - 05-03-2005

bernie was also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated defensively

- GonzoStyle - 05-03-2005

Thats what I meant by him not being a powerful CF, sucker face!!

- Keyser Soze - 05-03-2005

the criteria for HOF is so arbitrary. jeter will get in on his stature in the game alone.

- jewdown - 05-18-2005

why not?
Hes won gold gloves, a batting title, 4 world series rings.
Robin Yount & Paul Molitor are Hall of Famers and other then total hits and maybe a couple more RBI's , Bernie #'s are just as good.

just check the #'s here.
Bernie's #'s
Yount's #'s
Molitor's #'s

& I know you can argue that because of the Wild card and LCS games this stat doesnt hold water, but you still have to give him credit for having the most post season HR's.

Christ, you guys are just as hard on him as my girl is. I tell her that he's Puerto Rican, and she says he's still a nigger

Edited By jewdown on 1116426581

- The Sleeper - 05-18-2005

The Sleeper Wrote:no chance

- HedCold - 05-18-2005

weakest gold glove winner ever