CDIH
Arpi's right, Microsoft sucks - Trillian keeps crashing - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Arpi's right, Microsoft sucks - Trillian keeps crashing (/showthread.php?tid=10286)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 05-05-2005

Trillian worked fine, then I got some prompt to upgrade to the new MS Media Player. It encountered some errors halfway through and never finished.

Now Trillian crashes every time I start it, and I didn't have system restore turned on before this little problem and so now I don't know what to do.

I get these dump files, but I can't read them. It's all gibberish.

So what do I need to delete and start again. I'd rather not delete Trillian and start all over because I have an archive of all my IMs with HollywoodFreddieMitchell

- Keyser Soze - 05-05-2005

Get a Mac.

- fbd - 05-05-2005

because if he has a mac, all of his im logs will magically move over from one machine to the other

- diceisgod - 05-05-2005

haha you don't know what to do

- Galt - 05-05-2005

At least I'm not worried when my phone rings, Jim Carroll.

- diceisgod - 05-05-2005

now you're just lashing out in frustration of not knowing what to do haha

- HedCold - 05-05-2005

go to document and settings/whateveryourusernameis/application data
your aim logs might be stored there. copy and paste else where. reinstall.
if its not saved there its probably simply saved in the trillian folder and you can just copy and paste them somewhere else

- Galt - 05-05-2005

nope and nope

- HedCold - 05-05-2005

also if you uninstall a program like trillian you usually get asked if you want to keep user files/preferences, or if they're stored in the application data folder they don't get removed anyway. i never used trillian so i don't know how it works with that one

- The Jays - 05-05-2005

macs don't even have the balls to tell their users something's wrong. they'll just freeze, or shut down, start whistling and attempt to walk away like nothing happened.

- Galt - 05-05-2005

Well, I want to apologize to Mr. Gates. It appears as though this is a Trillian problem, not a microsoft problem. It's now crashing on both of my computers, and I only ran the media player update on one of them.

- Buttmunch - 05-05-2005

You probably brought an African virus back with you.

- diceisgod - 05-05-2005

two computers down! haha!

- Keyser Soze - 05-05-2005

i havent rebooted my mac since i bought it 5 months ago. ive rebooted my pc 4 times in the past week.

- HedCold - 05-05-2005

the only useful mac
[Image: 4610506627326927.JPG?0.29036092048909934]

- Arpikarhu - 05-05-2005

The Jays Wrote:macs don't even have the balls to tell their users something's wrong. they'll just freeze, or shut down, start whistling and attempt to walk away like nothing happened.
when a program crashes on a mac it shuts down without needing to reboot your computer. just open it up again and all is fine. though this rarely happens cause macs os is infinitely more stable than windows.

- Goatweed - 05-05-2005

I dont know what version of trillian youre using, but if its 3.x, I would recommend going back to 2.x - I hear the new version is buggy as fuck.

- Keyser Soze - 05-06-2005

the mac OS is infinitely smarter than windows. an application crash is isolated and doesnt crash the entire machine.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-06-2005

dont lose those convos, because i dont have them saved :-(

- Gooch - 05-06-2005

Macs are ok. they lost a lot by pushing upgrades, and thus a whole new round of bugs and issues and changes, each year.

PC: trillian has always been rather volatile. i had to stop using it. I use AIM with the DEAD AIM addition, and seems to do nicely.