CDIH
Episode 3 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Episode 3 (/showthread.php?tid=10297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- GonzoStyle - 05-23-2005

well anakin was the chosen one like I said in my previous post, he does fulfill the prophecy and he kills the sith lord. He was conceived by the midichlorines, that was brought up in episode one when qui-gon asked anakins mother who his father was and she told him that there was no father. Thats how it is assumed that anakin is the chosen one, the fact that he was created by the force itself.

When palpatine told the story of his master, it was pretty obvious he was saying that he was the apprentice and he killed his master after he learned all his secrets on not only how to create life but to also prevent death.

I believe that the whole story was bullshit, he never intended to save padme but he used it to drive anakin to the dark side. Palpatine was more powerful than any of the jedi, including yoda. He mastered the dark side of the force and could see the future and past, he knew what was troubling anakin in his dreams and used it to turn him. I still believe that anakin was created by the force but not by the sith lord who trained palpatine. Palpatine had trained Darth Maul while anakin was a child which meant that his master had already been dead for quite some time.

I really didnt like the way Mace was killed by the emperor but when anakin kills the younglings, that was pretty hot though it woulda been sicker if they showed it all. Then again it'd make it all the more harder to feel anything for vader's redemption in episode 6.

- diceisgod - 05-23-2005

My favorite line in the movie was by Frankenvader: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

- faceman802 - 05-23-2005

Quote:Vader tells luke that the emperor has forseen the fact that luke will strike him down and that vader will then become the master with luke as his apprentice. was vader really that gullible that he didnt realize the emperor was far superior in strength to vader let alone luke that it was Vader who would be the one to fall.

Rolling Stone had a good interview with Lucas about the movies and their focus and this was explained in them. Basically Jedis are taught to be selfless and care about others more than themselves, but sith are selfish and look after their own interest. Vadar knowing he is just an arm of the emperor and not having any real power to himself would look to employ his son in the destruction of the emperor and there by ruling the galaxy with his son by his side. If you can read the interview I recommend it entirely. And you are right gonz, the last 20 minutes are just depressing but it does tie the story together rather nicely and it does do one thing effectively. It makes Darth Vadar a sympathetic and romantic character where you actually feel sorry for him after it is all said and done and when his redemption takes place in episode 6, you really feel good about it and it proves Padme's last words correct, There really was some good left in him

- drusilla - 05-23-2005

TheGMANN Wrote:I just watched it. Gotta say it wasnt bad.....but it could have been better.

Did anyone catch the the whole story Palpatine was telling Anakin in the theater? About Darth "something/forgot" and how he could manipulate the mediclorines to create life? And how his apprentice killed him after learning all his knowledge? That was the only part of the movie that had me "OH SHIT!" 'cause I NEVER saw that coming. I thought Anakin was just a Jedi who got turned, not that Palpatine planned the whole shit from the beginning. That was the only part of the movie that truly shocked me.
do you want to die?

faceman802 Wrote:
Quote:Vader tells luke that the emperor has forseen the fact that luke will strike him down and that vader will then become the master with luke as his apprentice. was vader really that gullible that he didnt realize the emperor was far superior in strength to vader let alone luke that it was Vader who would be the one to fall.

Rolling Stone had a good interview with Lucas about the movies and their focus and this was explained in them. Basically Jedis are taught to be selfless and care about others more than themselves, but sith are selfish and look after their own interest. Vadar knowing he is just an arm of the emperor and not having any real power to himself would look to employ his son in the destruction of the emperor and there by ruling the galaxy with his son by his side. If you can read the interview I recommend it entirely. And you are right gonz, the last 20 minutes are just depressing but it does tie the story together rather nicely and it does do one thing effectively. It makes Darth Vadar a sympathetic and romantic character where you actually feel sorry for him after it is all said and done and when his redemption takes place in episode 6, you really feel good about it and it proves Padme's last words correct, There really was some good left in him
Yeah I got that part, it was obvious that Vader was not planning to lay down his life for the emperor to attain a new apprentice. Vader is told by the emperor that Luke will strike him down and that Vader would in essence become the dark lord of the sith and luke would be his sith apprentice. But its obvious that the emperor was never planning to be struck down, he was more powerful than luke. He wanted luke to kill vader for the same reason that he wanted anakin to kill dooku, in favor of the younger and stronger new apprentice. Vader was extremely powerful but he was not as swift or young and mostly machine at that point.

It just seems to me that it makes Vader seem gullible to think that the emperor would simply lay down and die and let vader become the new lord of the sith. It could be argued that he was still the same eager, impatient boy but you'd figure that since episode 4 is set 19 years after episode 3 and by episode 6 it's well over 20 years later, he'd grown wiser.

Thats one of the reasons I hate people who complain about the saber battles in the new trilogy, saying that they make the ones in the original trilogy look weak. Well thats the whole point, the original trilogy has basically 3 jedi doing saber battle. The first is obi-wan and vader and both are much older and vader is mostly machine.

The newer trilogy shows the jedi order at its greatest prime, so naturally they were all most athletic and younger, especially anakin and obi-wan before they aged and vader turned into a machine.

Quote:LOS ANGELES - Moviegoers have turned out in full force for the final chapter of the "Star Wars" saga, which took in $158.5 million since its opening to shatter three-day and four-day box office records.

"Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" grossed $124.7 million from Thursday to Saturday, according to studio estimates Sunday. That's higher than the three-day record set by the first "Spider-Man," which took in $114.8 million in May 2002 — though "Star Wars" had a lower Friday-Sunday take ($108.5 million) than the Tobey Maguire film.

"Revenge of the Sith" rang in a whopping $50 million on its opening Thursday, a single-day record boosted by eagerly anticipated midnight showings, and its total receipts since then beat the four-day $134.3 million opening of 2003's "The Matrix Reloaded." The George Lucas film has also grossed $144.7 million overseas for a total of $303 million worldwide.

insane, I figured it'd get around 100 million over the weekend.

- Goatweed - 05-23-2005

drinks are on George!

- drusilla - 05-23-2005

i'm not talking to him right now

inside jokes suck, tell us what he did!!!

- drusilla - 05-23-2005

he wasted the excitement on a bootleg copy when we were supposed to go see it, & he was dumb enough to post about it in this thread.

that is the biggest plot twist so far and it wasnt even in the movie... and he calls himself a fan?

for shame, for shame.

- drusilla - 05-23-2005

the best part was when he said "how did you find out?"

- TheGMANN - 05-23-2005

I couldnt help it. The chinese guy waved his hand and said "You will buy!" and that was it.

That and it was $5 and Im cheap.

- drusilla - 05-23-2005

jew

This is the bootleg you are looking for :waves hand:

- TheGMANN - 05-23-2005

In a way I kinda feel bad I bought it and watched it instead of seeing it in the theaters first.....but now I can have a whole Part 1-6 marathon in the privacy of my own home. JOY!!!!!!!!

weak minded

- drusilla - 05-23-2005

no ziegfeld for you!

- lush - 05-23-2005

Now I'm going. The only way promised to go with you was only if you went to see a foreign film with me.
I think that's fair and I promised not to fall asleep.

- TheGMANN - 05-24-2005

Im on my 4th viewing of it right now.

Movie sounds fucking awsome with the surround system I bought.