CDIH
get 'em while their hot - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: get 'em while their hot (/showthread.php?tid=10341)

Pages: 1 2

- drusilla - 06-02-2005

[Image: post-13-36412-news06022005007.jpg]
PHOTO HAND-HELD JIHAD
Exploits horrific images.

RAGE AT 9/11 'GAME'

By PATRICK GALLAHUE and ILAN KAYATSKY

June 2, 2005 -- Disgusted Brooklyn residents were up in arms over a video game that turns the horrifying events of 9/11 into child's play.

A hand-held video holy war, called "Laden vs. USA," features digital planes flying into the World Trade Center.

One furious family found it on sale for $4.89 on Coney Island Avenue.

"I was mad," said 16-year-old Tasha, who discovered the game in a store around the corner from her Midwood home. "I felt extremely offended."

The game's box features pictures of President Bush and Osama bin Laden, along with 9/11 imagery, including firefighters lining up for the tragic rescue at the Twin Towers.

Worse still, the insulting game is recommended for "ages 5 and up."

"People send their kids to the store," said a local mother of two, named Jeri. "Who knows what they'll come back with?

Mike Lucenti, 28, who bought the game with Tasha in order to bring it to the public's attention, fumed, "They shouldn't have that up here."

The packaging claims it's a boxing game, but when The Post turned on the sickening toy, the object appeared to be to drop bombs on planes flying into the Twin Towers.

Lucenti said the game was bought at a local corner store, called Oakdale Dairy, on Avenue H and Coney Island Avenue, in a Pakistani and Bangladeshi enclave of Brooklyn.

The manager, Muhammad Malik, said the store buys games from a wholesaler in Manhattan and typically just fills a carton with random goods, rarely looking at what they are buying.

"We hurry," he said. "If it was sold here, I don't know."

When The Post visited Oakdale Dairy, there were only harmless baby toys and video card games on display.

But at Lucky International, a wholesale store on West 27th Street in Manhattan, The Post found samples of the "Laden vs. USA" amid a jumbled mass of tchotchkes.

The owner, who would not give his name, said he bought one carton of the ungodly gadgets about a year ago from an importer in New Jersey.

"We don't sell much," he said. "Just once in a while."

And the toy, which appears to have been manufactured in China, was apparently being offered at a bargain on Coney Island Avenue.

Lucky's owner said it usually retails between $6.99 and $7.99.

- GonzoStyle - 06-02-2005

I heard about this on howards show this morning as well, I am going to assume Dru listens to howard as well.

- drusilla - 06-02-2005

actually, i read the post. i dunno which is worse. thankfully i don't wake up early enough to catch his show.

- Goatweed - 06-02-2005

Beetlejuice was pretty funny this morning - he never disappoints.

- Gooch - 06-02-2005

that show hasn't been worth listening to since Billy West left.

- Buttmunch - 06-02-2005

Gooch Wrote:that show hasn't been worth listening to since Billy West left.
You come across as older than me, gramps.

- diceisgod - 06-03-2005

OH MAN I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>THE</span> THREAD

- Gooch - 06-03-2005

Buttmunch Wrote:
Gooch Wrote:that show hasn't been worth listening to since Billy West left.
You come across as older than me, gramps.
((sobs))

but thats the last it was good!!!

((...shuffles off with my colostomy bag in tow))

- Danked - 06-03-2005

diceisgod Wrote:OH MAN I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>THE</span> THREAD
You too, huh?

:Confusedigh::

- GonzoStyle - 06-05-2005

if this was THE thread she would have used "they're"

- diceisgod - 06-05-2005

she should really show them off now before time and gravity gets a hold of them.

- drusilla - 06-05-2005

Gonzo Wrote:if this was THE thread she would have used "they're"
wow, good call. i'm stupid.

- The Jays - 06-05-2005

it's not a grammatical matter they are discussing, just so you know

- drusilla - 06-05-2005

well aware

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2005

just fucking show them already!! JESUS FUCKING CEEERIST!!!

- GonzoStyle - 06-05-2005

The Jays Wrote:it's not a grammatical matter they are discussing, just so you know
but THEY are so important to her that she would have taken great care and pride in naming the thread.

- Galt - 06-05-2005

Have you people seen Victoria Beckham's tits? They look nice when covered up, but they are actually mangled with freakish nipples and horrible shape.

It may be better to have them covered.

- GonzoStyle - 06-06-2005

actually no, I have not seen her tits but would like to. See what you can do for a pal, make it happen bubby.

- Galt - 06-06-2005

Victoria Beckham has nasty tits

Wheras, Jessica Alba has amazing breasts

- Hawt Baux - 06-06-2005

That bikini is tacky.