CDIH
Up shit's creek - With a hewlett packard - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Up shit's creek - With a hewlett packard (/showthread.php?tid=1038)

- IkeaBoy - 03-30-2002

I use a Pavilion n5470 and a coupl eof months ago it totally went to hell on me with the original boot up screen being really tiny (safe mode size) and only 16 colors accessible. The mouse and sound don't work but the internet does. It gets irritating. I was told when I asked about this a couple of months ago to use System Restore. Last night around 420, I did but now system restore stops like 50-75% way through and doesn't complete. Any advice that doesn't include throwing this out a window? I've also decided that when I get a new computer in a couple of years never to get an HP again.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 03-30-2002

First what operating system is this? If it's Windows ME I'm going to rape you.

- GonzoStyle - 03-30-2002

I use windows ME.

That's it the rapist is going to be raped.

- GonzoStyle - 03-30-2002

I actually use NT, but whatever gets the job done.

I just love watching my two boys help eachother out..... brings a tear to my eye.

GonzoStyle Wrote:I actually use NT, but whatever gets the job done.

I just love watching my two boys help eachother out..... brings a tear to my eye.
Ok good I was about to have a coronary at the mere mention of ME.

- onehung - 03-30-2002

I use windows 2000,, Will that get me a hummer?

No only linux will.

- IkeaBoy - 03-30-2002

it came with Windows ME AM, that's all i'll be saying about that

- Keyser Soze - 03-30-2002

I use DOS.

Dos isn't as bad as Windows ME. And as for your problem I'm not helping you with your pos operating system. Get a real operating system first.

- IkeaBoy - 03-31-2002

all right, I just restored my entire thing from the start meaning I pretty much lost all my files but I think I saved everything needed except MS Office and anyhoo it's worth having to re-downlod than not have anything

- Kid Afrika - 03-31-2002

I must say, I never had too many problems with ME. But, then again, I suppose I'm not the average user. The problem I see is the fact that it's an HP machine we are talking about here. They have the absolute worst proprietary software I've ever seen. Hardware with drivers that are unavailable anywhere but their "Recovery CD"... HP is just crap. When I first started hooking my friends up with computers, I would send them to Office Max to get HPs because they were cheap and functional. < BIG MISTAKE I've spent more time fixing HP machines than I have setting up new ones.

ikea, understanding that you are on a budget, go to a computer show and buy a new motherboard and case. Maybe a soundcard and a video card, and keep the rest of your hardware. Your RAM and your processor should be fine, but lose anything that's propietarily HP.

- IkeaBoy - 03-31-2002

Kid Afrika Wrote:I must say, I never had too many problems with ME. But, then again, I suppose I'm not the average user. The problem I see is the fact that it's an HP machine we are talking about here. They have the absolute worst proprietary software I've ever seen. Hardware with drivers that are unavailable anywhere but their "Recovery CD"... HP is just crap. When I first started hooking my friends up with computers, I would send them to Office Max to get HPs because they were cheap and functional. < BIG MISTAKE I've spent more time fixing HP machines than I have setting up new ones.

ikea, understanding that you are on a budget, go to a computer show and buy a new motherboard and case. Maybe a soundcard and a video card, and keep the rest of your hardware. Your RAM and your processor should be fine, but lose anything that's propietarily HP.
well it's a laptop and I don't trust myself to open it up and take out the parts and I can only use laptops since I change rooms with it about 4, 5 times a day.

And yes, that's why I got an HP, I didn't do research it was cheap, it had stuff I wanted so I bought it. Fuck HP, fuck them up their smelly compaq-merging assholes.

- Kid Afrika - 03-31-2002

my bad, didn't realize we were talking about a laptop here. in that case, your best bet is to find some freshman that's hard up for a computer and unload it on him. then buy yourself a new laptop.

- Hummercash - 03-31-2002

Kid Afrika Wrote:in that case, your best bet is to find some freshman that's hard up... and unload it on him.
that's hot