CDIH
en route to the bronx - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: en route to the bronx (/showthread.php?tid=10385)

- Keyser Soze - 06-25-2005

[Image: 6424_6436_6CT-024_CORN_BROOM_72ppi.jpg]

- The Jays - 06-25-2005

A sweep and two dollars will even get you a ride back home on the Subway.

sweet!

[Image: mets.gif]

- The Jays - 06-25-2005

You sure showed Sean Henn a thing or two.

- Keyser Soze - 06-26-2005

bring on the big ugly

- Bloody Anus - 06-27-2005

WHO GIVES A FUCK! This interleague bullshit has got to stop. I am so fucking sick of this fucking shit. This proves my theory of how fucking stupid every single fucking baseball fucking fan in this fucking country fucking is. So the fuck what if the Mets won tonight and swept the Yankees? They swept the Yankees last year and what happened immediately after that? They had 24(!) straight DIVISIONAL games. You know, teams like the Braves? Marlins? Phillies? Teams that they really need to concentrate on beating in order to get anything accomplished in their DIVISION, and thus their SEASON. And what happened in those 24 games? They go 8-16 and are essentially eliminated from any kind of postseason consideration by the beginning of August.

And this year? They win 2 out of 3 in the Bronx. Big fucking deal. Now they're home for Philly and Florida for 6, in Washington for 4 and in Pittsburgh for 3 before the break. Do you mean to tell me if they win 5 of these 13 games that it would be okay since they won 2 of 3 against the Yankees?? FUCK NO!!

These fucking interleage games are so overplayed already. Exhibit 2: The Mets play the Yankees 6 times this year, once at Shea and once in the Bronx of course. So they play the same number of games against the Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals, and every other team in the NL not in the East, as they play against the Yankees? What fucking sense does that honestly make? I know they sell out, it makes baseball tons of money, and the dumb fuck fans love it, but from a COMMON SENSE and traditional BASEBALL standpoint, what sense does this make?? The Mets go to Wrigley ONCE a season??? The same number of times they go to SEATTLE, and OAKLAND?
Exhibit 3: Maybe I'm alone here, but I did not watch a single pitch of the Cubs-Red Sox series. It just seems like a waste for these 2 teams to be playing a series in JUNE. If there was ever a time for these teams to meet, it had better be in the fucking world series, otherwise it may as well be an exhibition game as far as I'm concerned. And on the same note, it just seems flat out wrong to me to hear Vin Scully calling a Tigers game.

Next is the Ted Robinson argument: The Mets play 6 games against the Yankees and the Marlins play 6 games against the Devil Rays. Period.

Another excuse I've heard is that it gives fans in Milwaukee or St. Louis a chance to see the Yankees. Or the fans in Florida or San Diego an opportunity to see Ichiro. Fuck all that shit. Buy MLB In Demand or a fucking plane ticket if it's that important to you. Stop fucking up my baseball watching experience, you ignorant fucks.

Oh yeah, and as far as tonight's game goes ... I'm sure everyone will be blaming Looper and the bullpen for blowing yet another lead, but it all comes down to the 7th inning why they lost tonight. A leadoff walk by Benson, a balk, a (nother) Wright error, and a stupid throw by Beltran, all in one inning. I don't care who the fuck you're playing, you can't afford to give anybody that many breaks, ESPECIALLY after grabbing the momentum (not to mention the lead) after scoring 3 runs in the top half.

- The Sleeper - 06-27-2005

t - 2 and a half months til parlay season!!

I was actually doing quite well on my baseball bets until a couple of weeks ago when I lost everything I bet on. June 5th St. Louis-Houston, Mulder-Clemens. Took the under at 7½, it was 5-3 after an inning. Haven't bet since.

- Goatweed - 06-27-2005

MLB In Demand really is the bees knees - I've never watched so much baseball in my life.

- Suzie - 06-27-2005

Thanks for the jinx. I went with a bunch of yank fans last night and talked shit straight till the end. Goddamn that stadium is cocky. The fifth run was only approaching home when we heard the first notes of NY NY.
And there's no smoking area ANYWHERE in Yankee Standium? WTF? I will give it this prop: having an express train is KEY. Got home (way downtown) in a record 29 minutes. The ride back from Shea is long and brutal, they gotta get on that express business.

- Keyser Soze - 06-28-2005

bloody, if you dont enjoy interleague play, you have no scooter in your soul.

- Galt - 06-28-2005

Any NL opponent is better than watching another Tampa Bay, KC, or Detroit series.

- Keyser Soze - 06-28-2005

any Met or Yankee fan who says that those games are overplayed is lying to themselves. i can deal with the marlins playing the devil rays a few games, getting a unfair advantage so i can enjoy watching mets/yankees.

- Bloody Anus - 06-29-2005

So would you rather see the Mets sweep the Yankees, then lose 5 of 6 vs. Atlanta/Washington? Or get swept by the Yankees and win 5 of 6 vs. Atl/Was?

- GonzoStyle - 06-29-2005

I'd rather see the yanks pull off the sheffield for cameron trade

- Goatweed - 06-29-2005

not gonna happen.

- Keyser Soze - 06-29-2005

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.metsblog.com/">http://www.metsblog.com/</a><!-- m -->