CDIH
Buying a cable descrambler - any ideas - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Buying a cable descrambler - any ideas (/showthread.php?tid=10399)

- PatCooper - 06-30-2005

Ok i've had a old school "hot box" for years now. Well recently is stopped working. So now im looking to buy a new one. Has anyone ever bought one off the internet? If so were? I have Time Warner Cable in Staten Island. Not digital the old anolog cable. If anyone knows of anyone selling one please let me know.

I'm to damn cheap to pay for boxing and wrestling payviews.

- diceisgod - 06-30-2005

what's up, smoke!

- Goatweed - 06-30-2005

Im on SI too, mine died about a month ago - I bought mine off the net about 10 years ago from ebay - I havent looked for a new one because quite frankly I was using it for the wrestling PPV's but they've all been shit and I end up downloading them anyway.

but yeah, Im guessing ebay is your best option - until TWC goes all digital, anyway.

- PatCooper - 07-01-2005

yeah ive been looking on ebay and they have some that match the box i have but im kinda weary about getting scammed. people have told me buy one from a company not from a regular seller.

- Buttmunch - 07-01-2005

Thief

- PatCooper - 07-01-2005

Buttmunch Wrote:Thief
yes i am

- Goatweed - 07-01-2005

I bought from a company, but theyre long out of business (Omega Electronics, in Tennessee) - I dunno about the regular sellers, I mean if theyre highly rated you should be ok.

- QuickStop - 07-01-2005

ebay is no problem. search for RFT plus and find the best price you can. should total out at about $40. selling these at jacked up prices to unknowing family friends was my main source of income for most of middle school.

- PatCooper - 07-01-2005

QuickStop Wrote:ebay is no problem. search for RFT plus and find the best price you can. should total out at about $40. selling these at jacked up prices to unknowing family friends was my main source of income for most of middle school.
I read that the RFT only works on certain boxes. And the brand that i have isnt one of them. I do see alot of them on ebay though.

- Jack - 07-01-2005

Are there any digital descramblers yet?

- PatCooper - 07-01-2005

no. they sell a digital filter but its a scam.

- PatCooper - 07-09-2005

Well i bought my box online and i received it the other day and it works perfectly. So i am now officially a thief.

- GonzoStyle - 07-10-2005

cablevision in brooklyn basically forced everyone to switch over to the digital boxes. They'd show up at the door and busted a bunch of people with the illegal boxes, I held out until they simply cut off service to people who hadnt switched the analog boxes. I asked everyone and no one had anything for digital boxes yet, like pat said theres a few bullshit descramblers out there but none of them work with digital. I'm rarely home anyway so its fine but the only thing that blows is missing boxing PPV's.

- PatCooper - 07-10-2005

i think all cablevision customers were forced to switch to digital. A buddy i work with was telling me the same thing and i think he lives in the bronx.

- Goatweed - 07-11-2005

PatCooper Wrote:Well i bought my box online and i received it the other day and it works perfectly. So i am now officially a thief.
care to share the location & model?

- Sir O - 07-11-2005

Quote:care to share the location & model?

^^^

- Goatweed - 07-11-2005

PM if you feel safer - it's probably a better idea, actually.

- HedCold - 07-11-2005

can you pm me too?

- GonzoStyle - 07-11-2005

PatCooper Wrote:i think all cablevision customers were forced to switch to digital. A buddy i work with was telling me the same thing and i think he lives in the bronx.
It really blows, the pictures much better than it was on the old analog but still nothing like stealing cable.