CDIH
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP) - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP) (/showthread.php?tid=10708)

- Danked - 10-26-2005

If you own a PSP and are a GTA fan, you owe it to yourself to buy what is probably the best game available for PSP right now.

It feels nice to be "home" again.

For those not in the know, this game is set in the very same Liberty City from GTA3, but with all new missions and a few updated gameplay elements.

- Keyser Soze - 10-26-2005

its in stores now???

- Danked - 10-26-2005

If it's not sold out, yes. It was released yesterday.

Best Buy on Rt. 22 in Union had plenty as of last night. I had to ask for a copy from the glass case as they were selling faster than they could shelve them.

wow, im gonna see if its at the best buy over here. im very excited to play it.

- Danked - 10-26-2005

Pros:
-Motorcycles
-Custom Soundtrack
-The return of Lazlow & Frank Vincent (Salvatore Leone)
-The familiarity and coziness of Liberty City (you probably already know your way around)
-Graphics and audio are superb for a handheld console
-Ad-Hoc Multiplayer

Cons:
-The GTA3 gameplay issues; you can't shoot as you are running, your character can't swim, etc.
-The lack of big name voice talent (no Michael Madsen as Toni, Frank Vincent is the only big name voice talent)
-You have to unlock the custom soundtrack feature later in the game by beating a Donald Love mission
-No online multiplayer (unit to unit only)

Quote:wow, im gonna see if its at the best buy over here. im very excited to play it.

Pick up Shadow of the Colossus too while you are at it as I imagine it will be as fantastic as Ico and I'd really like to see more unique games like them someday. It's a shame that only franchises sell well lately.

- QuickStop - 10-26-2005

i sold my PSP to pay for xbox 360 games. gamestop gave me a surprisingly large amount of cash for it. $170 + 10% more because i used it towards reserves. then i got an extra $70 for my 4 games, none of which i played anymore. now i have my 360 payed off along with 4 games.....yay!!!!

i intend to get my xbox games off torrents just like i did with the old xbox. i didnt even have to burn them to cd, i played them right off the modded hard drive. i'd say you got ripped off royally.

- GonzoStyle - 10-26-2005

I gave up on the GTA series, I always end up wanting to break my system after a week. I have never completed more than 10% of any of the games and after a couple days of just bullshitting around the city and killing hookers, it gets old. It's like having to live a completely seperate life to finish one of these games.

i agree. gaming in general, outside of madden, seems to require too much free time. you need to be a complete loser in life to be a gamer it seems.

- GonzoStyle - 10-26-2005

or a message board crusader.

- QuickStop - 10-26-2005

keyser, the new xbox 360 isnt really a computer in a different case the way the xbox was. it will be much tougher for people to be able to pirate on the 360, because i think they learned from their mistakes. the route theyre going with this time around is that theyre incorperating one of the main things people were hacking the system into doing - linking with windows media center. and i wouldnt be surprised if that removable hard drive has some sort of wacky hardware configuration on the inside of the enclosure.

Anywho, if you plan on downloading 360 games, im gonna say that itll be a solid year before youll be able to play them.

- Keyser Soze - 10-27-2005

i bet you're wrong. hackers are already salivating.

- GonzoStyle - 10-27-2005

I've tried so many games and granted they can be entertaining for a few days. Games like socom, gta, resident evil, etc. But the games that are coming out are so complex and it's really like a whole life, it would take months to finish most of these games. I am amazed and saddened at the same time when I hear people who finish these games in a matter of days. Super Mario, now that was a game, not complex yet entertaining. The only way I can play these games is by using the cheats and still I can't finish most of them.

- Keyser Soze - 10-27-2005

trying reporting the injustices of message boards!!!

- Goatweed - 10-27-2005

while I dont have much time these days, I still manage to make time for games. Granted I'm nowhere near close to finishing San Andreas but it's a fun game to pop in & fuck with once in a while. I still play Enemy Territory a few nights a week too.

- GonzoStyle - 10-27-2005

Keyser Soze Wrote:trying reporting the injustices of message boards!!!
and keeping chat alive!

- QuickStop - 10-27-2005

Keyser Soze Wrote:i bet you're wrong. hackers are already salivating.
oh i read all that shit. but for you to be able to do all that, youd need a mod chip and a hacked BIOS, and people dont even know how to open the fucking thing yet. people have gotten their hands on the Walmart kiosk 360s, and cant find any screws. and for them to be able to configure a BIOS for an entirely new hardware configuration takes time. Obviously, it will be hacked, but not so soon. over/under on when it will be simple enough for anyone who wants to do it..... 8 months...ill take the over

- TheGMANN - 10-27-2005

San Andreas is the reason Im up so late.