CDIH
the world series - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: the world series (/showthread.php?tid=10709)

- GonzoStyle - 10-26-2005

for the red sox it was 86 years, now if the white sox win it's 88 years since they last won. How long before the cubs win and will anyone care at this point.

You'd think with 2 teams like the astros and white sox they could market this series so well. You have a team that famously threw the series in 1919 and hasn't won in 88 years, run by a latin manager. On the other side you have a team that has never won a world series, so for either team it's a historic win. Each game has been decided by 2 runs or less and you had a 14 inning game last night, yet no one seems to care. MLB I think dropped the ball and hasn't put any interest in this series because no "big name" team was in it, plus you have every sports writer bashing it at the same time as no one cares.

- diceisgod - 10-27-2005

i stand by my state of apathy

- The Sleeper - 10-27-2005

baseball fans are watching it. fringe fans only care about yankees/red sox/blah blah. it doesn't really matter how you market it, especially if you constantly bring up a black eye for the league that happened 86 years ago.

- Keyser Soze - 10-27-2005

ive watched every game. america is 80% stupid people.

- GonzoStyle - 10-27-2005

The Sleeper Wrote:baseball fans are watching it. fringe fans only care about yankees/red sox/blah blah. it doesn't really matter how you market it, especially if you constantly bring up a black eye for the league that happened 86 years ago.
well I am sure most people are over 1919, I just mention it cause there is a history there. Granted it's a soiled part of history and almost destroyed baseball but it's still a, intriguing part of it, along with the 88 years and the astros making their first series in 40 years or whatever it is. I grant you that probably 50% of fans either don't care if their team isn't in it or are just bandwagon fans who only know 3 teams like the sox and yanks, otherwise who cares.

I still think that the mainstream sports media isn't helping by bringing up only the weak points and constantly bashing the series. Also that MLB could have built it up some more and done some marketing other than a general blanket campaign for the event itself rather than the teams.

- Goatweed - 10-27-2005

I think it's safe to say that the MLB has always been poor at marketing baseball so I didn't expect much hype from this series. But hey, they have those "I LIVE FOR THIS" commercials, right?

I've watched every game (except for the end of last night's, it just got too late for me) and I've been enjoying it - mainly because I'm pulling for the sox.

- Goatweed - 10-27-2005

yeah so, sox won. yay!

yeah that was awesome... woo!

- Bloody Anus - 10-27-2005

It's really a shame, the only thing this postseason will be remembered for is the controversial calls. A.J. Pierzynski will forever be linked to the call in game 2 of the ALCS, and not for catching 4 consecutive complete games (which will NEVER be done again). It's not MLB's fault; how much marketing can they really do in a few days to get otherwise uninterested fans interested in it? But I do agree that the media did a horrible job - focusing 90% of their attention on debating whether or not replay should be instituted. Dye didn't get hit in game 3, but it's the walk to Iguchi before that that set the whole inning up (not to mention the leadoff double by Uribe). Speaking of Uribe, before the 9th inning tonight you never heard a thing about the defense he's played all postseason. Every single thing hit to him was an automatic out.

Another factor contributing to the shitty ratings has to be FOX. Is it really necessary to span the crowd in between EVERY FUCKING PITCH??? I could tolerate it if it were every so often, and if there were a few hot chicks thrown in now and then. But Barbara Bush? And those fat whores with the bee hats and thunderfag sticks with their cheesy signs? Nobody wants to see this crap. Just keep the centerfield camera on for more than 20 seconds at a time for fucks sake. It's getting harder and harder to watch this shit every year.

- Goatweed - 10-27-2005

actually it was a great game, went practically down to the wire & there was some drama too.

Bud Selig is a fuckjob.

Pointing out the good things isn't interesting anymore, they only wanna focus on the negative and stir-up controversy. Especially on ESPN when you have 300 people through out the day commenting on the same issues.

i miss vin scully

I can't stand any of them from the two idiots on 1st and ten to most of the PTI crew. The only one I can tolerate is Harold Reynolds when it comes to baseball commentary.

"the improbable has happened!"

"if a picture is a thousand words..."

nobody called a game like the great vin scully. just go back and watch that dodger game with kirk gibson or the entire 1986 world series. its like poetry.

it could be worse, they could get steven a. smith to do it. that guy is such an imitation nigger.

- Goatweed - 10-27-2005

[Image: wtf.jpg]

spics can do that shit and its not gay cause they're spics.

- Goatweed - 10-27-2005

a picture is worth 1000 words...

- The Jays - 10-28-2005

They spent too much time this season talking about Yankees/Red Sox and steroids.